ADVERTISEMENT

So Texas recorded 333 covid deaths today

I said hospitals are financially incentivized to call it Covid. Thank you for agreeing.
I honestly don’t see how a lot of hospitals would survive without doing it. It may not seem like it but smaller systems were struggling pre-COVID for years due to ACA. It’s why we had all these mergers right after and now have these mega health corporations. It’s the only way to survive and keep being able to serve smaller communities.

Not sure if you agree..

The system is so messed up without Covid that they have to allocate every dime anyway post ACA.
Yea, I was focused on whether or not hospitals are motivated to “make money” regardless of potential profits.

I know a very well-regarded hospital prez, and he will attest that they are obviously motivated to avoid financial ruin.. any way possible, within ethical guidelines.

Reactions: schmak01
CA comes in at 27.4 in deaths per 100k, which is better than all but two of the states he singled out I believe. Louisiana clocks in at 94.7.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Apart from the gratuitous inclusion of CA though, your point remains.

My apologies 2th, I guess I did focus on the numbers for purposes of this thread.
I don't know if it is a cause/effect or just a coincidence, but the California strain of covid 19 is different from the New York strain. The NY strain came from Europe, while the CA strain was sourced from the original strain in China.

The NY strain is the one that triggered the infections in Florida, Texas, and throughout the East Coast and the South. New York's failure to institute controls let the virus spread in the city and state, and let travelers go all over the country, spreading infection wherever they went.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...ew-york-city-research-indicates/#7b1eac5a6152

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/25/cuomo-coronavirus-china-new-york/

Reactions: 2th_doc
can’t tell if 2th_doc liked that because he hates liberal new yorkers or because he admires their giving the finger to the gubmint and exercising their rights as muricans to do whatever the hell they please.

it’s all becoming so confusing.

California locked down twice to the point where they were arresting surfers. Insane nanny state. I guess it worked but judging by second lockdown maybe theyre just prolonging the inevitable.

Is this where I say the big cities in Texas locked down, to where they closed businesses rather than arresting a surfer, and we became an insane nanny state? I guess it worked slightly less well than California based on per capita death numbers, but maybe we’re just prolonging the inevitable?

Whoa, there must be a glitch in the matrix, because looking back I just did.

can’t tell if 2th_doc liked that because he hates liberal new yorkers or because he admires their giving the finger to the gubmint and exercising their rights as muricans to do whatever the hell they please.

Well, I haven't seen anything online or in print about the differences (if any) in the mortality of one strain vs another; that's a question that can be answered but it would take a LOT of data gathering and interpretation. I don't think anybody's published anything on that yet, but it's something that would be a logical item to study. Maybe NY got hit with a strain that is much more deadly. That could explain some of the distribution of deaths.

Re: the behavior of BDB and the NY government, I don't see a way to defend them. Perhaps you know something I don't know. Am I wrong? Are my facts incorrect?

Surely you have read the nasty comments di Blasio and Cuomo have had for Florida and Texas, and their celebration of more cases of covid in the South in general. How does that accomplish anything?

Well, I haven't seen anything online or in print about the differences (if any) in the mortality of one strain vs another; that's a question that can be answered but it would take a LOT of data gathering and interpretation. I don't think anybody's published anything on that yet, but it's something that would be a logical item to study. Maybe NY got hit with a strain that is much more deadly. That could explain some of the distribution of deaths.

Re: the behavior of BDB and the NY government, I don't see a way to defend them. Perhaps you know something I don't know. Am I wrong? Are my facts incorrect?

Surely you have read the nasty comments di Blasio and Cuomo have had for Florida and Texas, and their celebration of more cases of covid in the South in general. How does that accomplish anything?
B&C are in it for themselves. They are the poorest of poor examples of public servants

Is this where I say the big cities in Texas locked down, to where they closed businesses rather than arresting a surfer, and we became an insane nanny state? I guess it worked slightly less well than California based on per capita death numbers, but maybe we’re just prolonging the inevitable?

Whoa, there must be a glitch in the matrix, because looking back I just did.

Their state locked down twice. We’ve locked down big cities once.

We closed down businesses. They enforced stay at home orders tougher than we did including the individual surfers outside

Also FWIW I think Abbott has done too much as well but it is a tough deal. The only metric isn’t deaths per 100,000.

My point was you can lock down people and this thing will still be there when you return.

can’t tell if 2th_doc liked that..

i liked rick77's post because it points to an underappreciated fact about covid and really all viruses..
various mutations were identified, and two of them were associated with either the milder west coast outbreak or the higher morbidity of the east coast/ european strain..
it makes me wonder if wuhan engineering was more sinister than we even want to admit.

of course, new york is a world hub, so the european strain was already here even by the time trump enacted measures to limit travel with china, well ahead of the similar europe travel limitations..
once that cat is out of the bag, it's simply a matter of time before it spreads to devastating dimensions

as for liberal new yorkers.. the disdain i have is for the political figures who bounce the blame ball in the air like they're at a garden bar mitzvah featuring a yonkers beach boys cover band.

I don't know if it is a cause/effect or just a coincidence, but the California strain of covid 19 is different from the New York strain. The NY strain came from Europe, while the CA strain was sourced from the original strain in China.

The NY strain is the one that triggered the infections in Florida, Texas, and throughout the East Coast and the South. New York's failure to institute controls let the virus spread in the city and state, and let travelers go all over the country, spreading infection wherever they went.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...ew-york-city-research-indicates/#7b1eac5a6152

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/25/cuomo-coronavirus-china-new-york/

I honestly think this is bullshit covering for Cuomo and the other NE governors who fvcked up badly.

The average age of death in NY is 83 when I last looked. The strain wasn't more fatal, the strain we got in Texas, Florida, Georgia, was seeded from NY and the people fleeing and now not returning. You can boil the stats in NY down to one thing, incompetence. The other bullshit excuse of them being ground-zero is complete nonsense. It was China, then Italy, then Germany, then Spain, then Washington, then NY. Cuomo ignored all the data from China, which I'm not going to blame him for, but also ignored the data from Italy and Germany. We knew before the first fatality in the US who was most at risk. He ignored it. Washington state mitigated their outbreak quickly, isolating nursing homes. I know it's repeated over and over here, but Cuomo and the other NE governors who followed suit did the exact opposite of what ALL the data said.

The first outbreaks even in NY, if you remember, were in upstate. Not the city. They controlled it well because they were following the steps Washington and Germany did. Then when Trump sent help, with field hospitals, ventilators, and a ship to help clear hospitals did he suck up his pride and take the assistance? No. He tried his damnedest to avoid it costing 20,000+ elderly people their lives. Out of the whole NE, if you forget HCQ and just DONT force positive people in nursing homes, use the resources provided, I would be we would have had 40,000 fewer total deaths. NY, NJ, PA, would have all had similar fatality numbers as TX, FL, GA, and CA.

NY's response was worse than every country in the world when looking at it per capita. New Jersy is the only one who tops them. NJ, 1798 deaths per mil, NY, 1691 deaths per million, the next closest country is San Marion with 1237. The next closest "first world" country is Belgium with 855. The US as a whole barely breaks the top ten on this list, and if you take out NY and NJ's idiocy, we drop to the 50's.

Two strains my ass, it was the same strain as Italy, same as Germany, France, UK, Spain, et all, who all of which, didn't get to 1/3rd the deaths per capita as NY and NJ.

I honestly think this is bullshit covering for Cuomo and the other NE governors who fvcked up badly.

The ridiculous gaslighting the public over this is insane. It is 100%, undeniable fact that those northeastern governors, Cuomo in particular acted with what could be deemed criminal negligence by sending covid patients back into nursing homes. I forget the precise number but I think I saw that close to 50% of their deaths were in nursing homes. That is flat out insane.

And it's not like they didn't have the data to show this policy was absolutely going to kill people with no upside I can think of. But we're told that this negligence was fantastic leadership?

The only response I can have to that bullshit?

tenor.gif

The ridiculous gaslighting the public over this is insane. It is 100%, undeniable fact that those northeastern governors, Cuomo in particular acted with what could be deemed criminal negligence by sending covid patients back into nursing homes. I forget the precise number but I think I saw that close to 50% of their deaths were in nursing homes. That is flat out insane.

And it's not like they didn't have the data to show this policy was absolutely going to kill people with no upside I can think of. But we're told that this negligence was fantastic leadership?

tenor.gif

can i assume you won't be buying cuomo's poster?

14cuomo-poster1-superJumbo.jpg

I don't care if there is voter fraud or not. It should be harder to vote. Not easier. The excuses for people not voting are suspect and are also not significant.
It should be HARDER to vote? Are you kidding me? So much for every citizen having the right to vote. Are you still pissed women have the right to vote? I think I am beginning to understand what America means to some of you. Maybe you guys should leave to start your own country.

Yeah, Texas and Florida are doing GREAT! We're not number one, but we are trying.

new york has 3.5x the total deaths and 5.2x the deaths per population as texas.

texas and florida are both below the national average of deaths per population.

taiwan: 1680 people per square mile
new york state: 421 people per square mile

taiwan: 7 deaths
new york state: 32,887 deaths

right?

you're not wrong.

once we figured out what this virus was, anyone with any common sense knows that:
1) densely populated areas were going to be hit hardest
2) it was always going to work its way into and across the country
3) no politician or policy was ever going to stop it...not in one of the largest, most populated, most diverse, and most interconnected countries on the planet

tenor.gif

And I'm sure you heard Cumo's cover. He said it was not the covid residents spreading it to other residents......it was the staff. No shit.

the real culprit for new york was / is population density.
That's certainly a major factor - only the old "big cities" like NYC, Chicago, and Boston have super-high population density and very crowded mass transit. The disease spreads fast in those conditions.

There's lots of opportunities for finger-pointing for what happened to NY/NJ. But that won't help anything.

I am intrigued by the recent mega-study of the recorded positive effects of the HCQ treatment for prevention and for early-stage treatment. This review looked at the results of 51 separate published studies where that treatment was used and found a very high success rate for pre-exposure and post-exposure prevention, and for early-stage treatment. Used as a late-stage treatment, it was much less effective, but that's been known/suspected for a long time.

Here's a link to the review: https://c19study.com/

It's interesting to note that the website for this review reports that it's under attack. It's also interesting to observe that this review (which is a standard type of paper that summarizes and draws conclusions from all the published information the authors could find) is not found in any of the "normal" search engines (bing, Google, Edge). I found it only in duckduckgo.

Why would the big search engines hide this? Why would someone be attacking the website that gives this information?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT