ADVERTISEMENT

Should we volunteer to wear masks?

Knowing what we know about the Delta strain and that 40% of America isn't going to get vaccinated, should we volunteer to start wearing masks now? It would be nice to save the football season, if that's even possible at this point.
I'll admit I checked the date stamp of this message. I thought a thread from 12 months ago might've gotten bumped.

I would be you a bottle of Blantons that Kyle Field will be at 100% capacity for the entire season, but it looks like this is a troll account set up recently, so I don't think you'll be around to pay up.

I’ve had Covid and have been vaccinated but I’m not sure why we should care about those that haven’t been vaccinated? I‘m sure most that haven’t been vaccinated have either had Covid or aren’t vulnerable to serious illness, so why should we care as a society?

A friend posted a pic from being at a WWE event this weekend? Knowing a bunch of those people likely have not been vaccinated, infection numbers are going up, and there does seem to be a bunch of vaccinated people who have tested positive (i.e. Democrats from Texas) , if I had chosen to go (not ever likely) I would have volunteered to wear a mask.

Reactions: pebbycree
but it looks like this is a troll account set up recently, so I don't think you'll be around to pay up.

Troll account?!?!? Are you sure? Mark is pretty good about keeping the trolls away

Reactions: Tom_100
I’ve had Covid and have been vaccinated but I’m not sure why we should care about those that haven’t been vaccinated? I‘m sure most that haven’t been vaccinated have either had Covid or aren’t vulnerable to serious illness, so why should we care as a society?
Vaccines aren’t perfect. We need to get back to masking and get back on message to save lives, the economy, and hopefully football season

Vaccines aren’t perfect. We need to get back to masking and get back on message to save lives, the economy, and hopefully football season
I’m certainly not a doctor and have very little knowledge about vaccinations but is there any proof that people who have been vaccinated are dying now from Covid?

Listen - debate all you want , just do your research and live your life accordingly and stop trying to divide this country.

the fact everything is politicized is such an ass whip

Listen - debate all you want , just do your research and live your life accordingly and stop trying to divide this country.

the fact everything is politicized is such an ass whip
I haven't seen anything about politics on this thread but I agree. Let's keep this about the virus, vaccines, and football season.

WTF? Follow the science! No need for a mask mandate. Science says if you’re vaccinated your 99.6% assured your not getting it. If you’re not vaccinated and you’re in a high risk group,, get your ass vaccinated.

Reactions: SuwaneeAg
No proof vaccinated are dying but there are an increasing number of cases of vaccinated people becoming infected. No idea if that leads to only a mild case or if still at risk for significant complications.

CDC was indicated schools could open without masks but a national pediatricians group has come out disagreeing saying school kids should wear masks whether or not they are vaccinated.

I know teachers are trying to figure out whether to wear masks since elementary kids won't be vaccinated and probably more than half of middle and high school kids will not be. I know quite of few teachers who did test positive last year with a few that significant symptoms including having to be hospitalized. Administrators right now are trying to figure out if they will have enough teachers this fall because so many either retired or left teaching last year.

While research suggests that COVID-19 vaccines are slightly less effective against the variants, the vaccines still appear to provide protection against severe COVID-19. For example:

• Early research from the U.K. suggests that, after full vaccination, the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is 88% effective at preventing symptomatic COVID-19 virus caused by the delta variant. The vaccine is 96% effective at preventing severe disease with the COVID-19 virus caused by the delta variant. The research also showed that the vaccine is 93% effective at preventing symptomatic COVID-19 virus caused by the alpha variant.
  • Early research from Canada suggests that, after one dose, the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is 72% effective at preventing symptomatic COVID-19 virus caused by the delta variant. One dose of the vaccine is also 96% effective at preventing severe disease with the COVID-19 virus caused by the delta variant.
  • The Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine is 85% effective at preventing severe disease with the COVID-19 virus caused by the delta variant, according to data released by Johnson & Johnson.
  • https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-variant-vaccine

WTF? Follow the science! No need for a mask mandate. Science says if you’re vaccinated your 99.6% assured your not getting it. If you’re not vaccinated and you’re in a high risk group,, get your ass vaccinated.
90+% is probablility of severe disease. This isn’t complete immunity to contracting it. It’s immunity from it killing you basically. You can still get sick and feel like crap for a few days after vaccination. But the likelihood of contracting is severely decreased as well - just not 90%

Tom what are you doing!? I'd like to offer we switch to talking about the best breed of dog. Anyone have a good BGE rib recipe?

"rabid" college football fans can't be bothered to wear a 10 cent mask to save a $250 million athletic department. I guess our kids will all watch professional video game teams in their virtual reality helmets so what the **** does it matter. America is dying.

"And for most people who get this Delta variant, it's going to be the most serious virus that they get in their lifetime in terms of the risk of putting them in the hospital," Dr. Scott Gottlieb, commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration during the Trump administration, told CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday.

"rabid" college football fans can't be bothered to wear a 10 cent mask to save a $250 million athletic department. I guess our kids will all watch professional video game teams in their virtual reality helmets so what the **** does it matter. America is dying.
I haven't seen anything about politics on this thread but I agree. Let's keep this about the virus, vaccines, and football season.

Yeah, let’s spend our energy stopping the Fentanyl epidemic instead. There’s more lives to be saved there than COVID .

No proof vaccinated are dying but there are an increasing number of cases of vaccinated people becoming infected. No idea if that leads to only a mild case or if still at risk for significant complications.
This article is 3 weeks old, but as of then 4100 hospitalized and 750 dead despite being fully vaccinated. This numbers are low but certainly not zero. Also check the previous link I posted that says 60% of people being admitted in the UK are fully vaccinated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/25/cov...n-hospitalized-or-died-after-vaccination.html

Yeah, let’s spend our energy stopping the Fentanyl epidemic instead. There’s more lives to be saved there than COVID .
Please share a link that shows this. The numbers that I see are 600k Covid to 57k for Fentanyl. We should probably address both.

Worst post since the election. If OP is being a sarcastic funny pot stirrer, then this is actually hilarious!

"And for most people who get this Delta variant, it's going to be the most serious virus that they get in their lifetime in terms of the risk of putting them in the hospital," Dr. Scott Gottlieb, commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration during the Trump administration, told CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT