ADVERTISEMENT

Parler

I guess your only option other than facing the music (not an option per Republican approach) is to pivot to another topic.

i wouldn't want to spend too much time on who-destroyed-what if i were in your position, either.

If Republicans are so great for this country and embody such high moral ideals far greater than any Democrat, then how about being accountable and following leadership that takes an honest approach to events?

what leadership would this be?

Just amazing. I wonder if he said it in a room full of media members, if anyone would object.

Reactions: darterbury
You guys on the left do me a favor for a second. A month from now if there are still pro Trump demonstrations around the country, is this what you expect to see when you turn on the tv (play the clip)?

But we have to get rid of Parler because some people may use it to incite violence, right?

Last edited:
You guys on the left do me a favor for a second. A month from now if there are still pro Trump demonstrations around the country, is this what you expect to see when you turn on the tv (play the clip)?

But we have to get rid of Parler because some people may use it to incite violence, right?
That's pretty much a game, set, match folks. No one can debate that hypocrisy 🥴😄

Figured you’d say that. The senate majority leader is totally wrong thinking his party leader should be impeached.

fvck these RINOs. Y’all know best. Trump is the new God.

Figured you’d say that. The senate majority leader is totally wrong thinking his party leader should be impeached.

fvck these RINOs. Y’all know best. Trump is the new God.

i don't give a shit about trump, or any politician for that matter.

Just saw that zero of the people that have been arrest so far had a Parler account. They did however do their planning via Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. This is all so unbelievably stupid. We're heading for Idiocracy, if we can even make it there.

Just saw that zero of the people that have been arrest so far had a Parler account. They did however do their planning via Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. This is all so unbelievably stupid. We're heading for Idiocracy, if we can even make it there.
If we let private companies do as they see without government oversight we may just find ourselves in exactly what republicans have wanted for years. The horror

Parler can host whatever they want

Learn the difference between a content provider and an internet service provider. The former cannot affect the latter, but the inverse is true.

let me see if I can help you out here:

Twitter, a social media site, is condemning blocking social media for political purposes.

twitter, a social media site, recently and regularly blocks social media users for political purposes.

Nobody want to respond to this? You guys want to argue that we need to impeach a President with a week left on his term for inciting violence, but none of these people should be held accountable for their rhetoric? Is that correct?

And Republicans who feel they’re above it should know they’re not. They’re exactly like the rest of America. And even before the advent of Parler, which escalated violent banter by the right wingers, there’s plenty of vids and clips that match what you posted coming from the right.

And Trump, of all people, made all of it worse by asking extremists to standby and calling rioters of the Capitol special people.

Everyone is playing a losers game.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffmc
Nobody want to respond to this? You guys want to argue that we need to impeach a President with a week left on his term for inciting violence, but none of these people should be held accountable for their rhetoric? Is that correct?

Sure. Hold them all accountable. Both things are bad.

Why can you all not understand this concept?

Reactions: jeffmc

This is pretty edited to hell, but in light of last week. I think you are right. This should be just as big of a deal. Not the overt "punch him in the face stuff" but plenty of others crosses the line

Reactions: CSAg03
This is undeniable. Idiocracy is inevitable.

Sure. Hold them all accountable. Both things are bad.

Why can you all not understand this concept?
Oh, we all understand it. The part we have a problem with is that in reality only one side is being held accountable, while excuses are made for the other side. This is exactly the part we are trying to highlight.

It's also the point that I'm trying to point out about parler. If you spend all summer defending violent protests, maybe you shouldn't be surprised when the other side learns these lessons too. If you let them shut down speech that you don't agree with, maybe you shouldn't be surprised when they shut you down.

Reactions: oldag1980
And Republicans who feel they’re above it should know they’re not. They’re exactly like the rest of America. And even before the advent of Parler, which escalated violent banter by the right wingers, there’s plenty of vids and clips that match what you posted.

And Trump, of all people, made all of it worse by asking extremists to standby and calling rioters of the Capitol special people.

Everyone is playing a losers game.
I know both sides are full of self serving people who's job is to get reelected. I don't think Republicans are any better than Democrats. That's exactly why I think big tech and the media picking a side and trying to silence the other is wrong. We could use more than 2 political parties, but fewer than 2 is definitely a problem.

Oh, we all understand it. The part we have a problem with is that in reality only one side is being held accountable, while excuses are made for the other side. This is exactly the part we are trying to highlight.
What you are trying to highlight is not accurate.

What you are trying to highlight is not accurate.

Thanks for that, but I'm talking about the Politicians and media members in the video I posted.

Interesting that no one has mentioned the content on Parler. There was some (a lot) pretty disturbing stuff. I get the free speech outlet it represented but anyone care to dive into the content routinely posted on there....or nah; do we ignore that part?
I have never been on parler. Didn't know about it until a few weeks ago. Sounds as if you have been there. Care to elaborate?

Reactions: wick
I have never been on parler. Didn't know about it until a few weeks ago. Sounds as if you have been there. Care to elaborate?
Amazon filed quotes in their response to the lawsuit.

And even before the advent of Parler, which escalated violent banter by the right wingers, there’s plenty of vids and clips that match what you posted coming from the right.
I believe what people are upset about is that one side is censored and the other is not. It appears to be more of the cancel culture thing. All conservative ideas and speech must be censored otherwise people may start believing it.

Amazon filed quotes in their response to the lawsuit.

I'm sure we can also file violent quotes from twitter also........that are allowed to remain. Which would you consider more dangerous? An ayahtolla (sp?) twittering hate/violence speech or some dumbass hillbilly? One gets censored the other not.

I'm sure we can also file violent quotes from twitter also........that are allowed to remain. Which would you consider more dangerous? An ayahtolla (sp?) twittering hate/violence speech or some dumbass hillbilly? One gets censored the other not.

I'd love for Ali Khamenei to be censored from the platform, including all other autocrats or dictators promoting violence.

However, I understand it's not the take on America First that you were expecting.

I'd love for Ali Khamenei to be censored from the platform, including all other autocrats or dictators promoting violence.

Great! Welcome to the cause. First step is recognizing there is an imbalance to begin with. You’re well on your way.

Well on his way to robust censorship...
WE are there!!!
The "hate speech police" will join forces with the "racist searching police" and the fairness police" and the "equality police" and the "more regulations on business police" and the destroy the lives of anybody that supported Trump police" and the .....on and on and on police. All of whom are self designated, unelected, look down their nose at you, denigrate and demean you name calling fellow Americans.
This is the better America we are promised (fundamentally changed) and will no doubt unite us all. Growth and prosperity is on it's way and I'm already feeling warm and fuzzy all over...LMAO

Violating Twitter's terms and conditions, a contract you enter of your own volition, and suffering the consequences is not censorship- no matter how much you wish it was the case so you could play the victim.

Reactions: bioaggie
To be clear, an entity (Twitter) removing their megaphone from someone's use for cause isn't the same capital C censorship you all are referring to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT