ADVERTISEMENT

Not over yet - Covid

tdogdfw

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
Texas
I was all set for a nice fourth of July visit to my mom's house on Lake Conroe this weekend with my daughter before heading out to Miami for a well-needed vacation with the two of us. I had a slight headache and fever so thought I would get tested before traveling and it turns out I tested positive for Covid. This was on Wednesday with symptoms starting on Monday or Tuesday. I don't know if it's the Delta variant or what but thought I would share my experience with those to use as you see fit.

The first couple of days (Monday last week) were slight headaches and fever and at its worse, my fever fluctuated between 101 and 102 for less than 24 hours. I had a pretty constant headache during that time and had chills (maybe because my room is set at 68 degrees - but also had some night sweats too). I didn't take any medication but Advil which helped with the headaches (started taking Vitamin C and Zinc yesterday). My fever went away yesterday as well as most of the headache, but it was replaced with the loss of smell and taste - I had both up until then. I've been quarantined in a hotel room since I was diagnosed - yes, the same hotel room I've been stuck in since the Dallas cold spell on Feb 15 forced me out of my house due to fire. I'm guessing living in a hotel puts me at high exposure risk. Anyway, it appears the worst is over and all I have to do is wait things out before coming out of quarantine. I'll admit that I was fortunate it didn't hit me hard like it does some people (my blood type is O+ in the event that matters). While this wasn't a pleasant experience, I've definitely felt much worse with other flu strains in the past. I recognize it hits everyone differently and I was blessed it was mild for me, or maybe that's just the nature of the Delta strain. Sadly, I don't have a lot of confidence that the CDC/WHO, etc. knows as much as they should about this virus (or at least not sharing) and not a big fan of flip-flop-Fauci who is now telling people who have been vaccinated that they should still wear a mask.... huh?

Some of you may ask why I didn't get a vaccination and it's because this is America and I have a choice on what I shoot into my body and decided that I am a middle-aged, healthy person without any of the markers that would make my high risk. I figured I would rather take a chance of getting it naturally, weathering it just like any other flu, and build my own God-made immunities rather than take some man-made vaccine that may or may not have side effects. After hearing most of my friends who got the vaccine had several days of flu-like symptoms anyway, I just didn't think it was worth it and don't regret my decision. And before I get lectured by those who say I am only thinking of myself, I absolutely do think of others. I have self quarantined myself since Wednesday and will stay here until given the OK to leave - and yes, I let my hotel know that I tested positive.

One other interesting side note... when I went to CVS to get the rapid test, the person about to give the test asked if I had any symptoms and I said I had a slight headache and slight fever. She immediately made the determination that I was Covid positive. I looked at her and said, "Why would you say that without testing? I've felt this way 100 times in my life". 30 minutes after leaving they called me and confirmed I was positive. It almost felt like they are getting paid to find Positive cases which have put a small bit of doubt in my mind on how accurate the test was.

Anyway, stay healthy and stay safe Ags....

So you didn’t get the vaccine and caught it and experienced something that is similar to a cold?

I am missing something in the four paragraphs about it.
I couldn’t read that shit. But in my skimming he didn’t protect himself against Covid. Got it. Didn’t die or hasn’t. But it ruined his plans so he is mad and venting via a thesis.

Not looking for any sympathy... just letting others know what they might expect if they get it or even think they have it, especially since many people think the virus is behind us. There was no political statement made, contrary to some of you trying to make it such, which seem to be the same miserable people over and over stirring the pot.

Last edited:
You try to justify not getting vaccinated by saying you have friends who had multiple days of flu like symptoms from the vaccination. I think this is some bullshit. Everything I have read on the vaccines is one day max on reactions. I know one person who had terrible reaction to the vaccine, for one day.

My opinion is you made a bad decision, played with fire, and mostly got away with it.

But it's America, so I celebrate your right to make bad decisions.

Get vaccinated. My wifes cousin got Covid in January and never left the hospital. She died in early June. I have also known several others that have died.

• Sad
Reactions: CheekySchneider
Ya do know that people that are fully vaccinated get covid? Also those that are fully vaccinated that get covid can still die from covid. Those that are fully vaccinated and get covid die from covid at a higher percentage rate than those that are not vaccinated.

My PCP caught Covid twice BEFORE he got vaccinated. He said the first was a snap, the 2nd he thought he was going to die. He’s a big fan of trying anything to get over Covid, even some of those thingsTrump suggested. He’s also a strong believer in the vaccine. But I understand TDog, I have a daughter who isn’t vaccinated.

After witnessing the death of a family member via face time and the hell they went through in ICU for 2 months…alone…it makes getting vaccine a simple choice for me. There is risk either way but it’s an individual choice on which side of risk to be on. My wife had a terrible reaction to the vaccine. Her immunologist said 1.5% of vaccinated have that type of reaction and it’s no coincidence COVID death rate is about 1.5% of those who contract it..indicating a good prediction if you would have a bad case if contracted. My wife would get vaccinated again because the misery was over in 48 hours vs 2 months of hell.

raw

After witnessing the death of a family member via face time and the hell they went through in ICU for 2 months…alone…it makes getting vaccine a simple choice for me. There is risk either way but it’s an individual choice on which side of risk to be on. My wife had a terrible reaction to the vaccine. Her immunologist said 1.5% of vaccinated have that type of reaction and it’s no coincidence COVID death rate is about 1.5% of those who contract it..indicating a good prediction if you would have a bad case if contracted. My wife would get vaccinated again because the misery was over in 48 hours vs 2 months of hell.
it affects everyone differently. I know people that had it and it felt like nothing more than a bad cold. This virus is so unpredictable

You’ve said this before and it wasn’t true then either.
I think what you are remembering is when I said people that have had covid are better protected from getting covid again then those that get the vaccine. I hope you do know studies have proven me correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocksolid
Jesus the virtue signaling and self righteousness is oozing through this thread. It’s as if the vaccine cheerleaders have been waiting to pounce on someone for something. The best they got was a good guy who felt a little rough and decided to take himself out of the equation and deal with it as the world should have and they pounce as if they’ve won some moral victory. This is the world we live in. The bitches of the world have something they are going to crow about and they will crow as if they’re saving the world. It’s nauseating

Why don't we let grown ass adults make the call on their well being. You want to protect yourself have at it.
Well it’s not that simple. We need everyone to get vaccinated because the more people who don’t will continue to get Covid. The longer Covid stays around the more mutations. The more mutations the more likely a strain develops that the vaccine doesn’t cover. So it’s in our greatest interest to promote vaccinations. It’s time to stop with the vaccination denial. it’s bad for the health of our nation and simply unsafe and frankly selfish. Politics should not be part of the discussion.

Well it’s not that simple. We need everyone to get vaccinated because the more people who don’t will continue to get Covid. The longer Covid stays around the more mutations. The more mutations the more likely a strain develops that the vaccine doesn’t cover. So it’s in our
greatest interest to promote vaccinations. It’s time to stop with the vaccination denial. it’s bad for the health of our nation and simply unsafe and frankly selfish. Politics should not be part of the discussion.
Best way to eliminate it maintain proper Vitamin D levels and take a prophylactic, Ivermectin or HCQ. Safe and it works. Unlike this fake vaccine.

Reactions: tdogdfw and clayber
I would add the following:

If you choose not to get the vaccine, then deal with your decision. Dont expect help or understanding from those that made the opposite decision. That is being a ”grown ass adult.”
Pretty sure a lack of empathy for people who don't see the world the way you do is not a hallmark of being an adult.

I'm pretty conservative, actually very much so. The politicization of this is the antithesis of being a thoughtful, mindful, grown ass adult.

If we had a different president I truly believe we would have the same conspiracy theory argument, but folks would be on the opposite sides than they are currently. That's not being an adult, that's thinking like a child.

An adult puts aside personal bias and calls balls and strikes. RMA technologies have been in the works for 30+ years. They are the miracle we needed when we needed them. They are remarkably safe and effective. Not perfect, but the odds are much better with them than with shooting the rapids with covid.

I feel the same about ivermectin an HDQ. In the absence of a vaccine I'm all on board. But...it's time to be grown ass adults and do what's in our personal and collective best interest...get vaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT