ADVERTISEMENT

Lockdowns...

That said Republican never called to mandate masks or vaccinations.

Now, the current Democrat in office has uhh well you know... done the things and IS VERY ADAMANT ABOUT THE GENERAL HEALTH OF THE UNITED AMERICA OF STATES. don't you get it guy? c'mon man. He's only here to help.
You're funny and annoying at the same time. I leaned forward and squinted my eyes to read your post. Its like that Andy Kaufman bit where he intentionally put static into the broadcast as a joke to get people to mess with then antennas. He had no way of knowing if it actually worked, but he did it anyway.

I think the next step is ignoring "exposures to positive persons" quarantines and having everything shut down until a negative test is completed. If you are sick stay home or at least avoid people if you can.

Although the dead rate may only get reduced very slightly; but the sheer number of cases was reduced hugely. Hence, the actual number of deaths was also hugely reduced!
I just glanced at the article and opened the study, but wasn't their analysis done on death rate to the population in total (deaths per million of the population) versus death rate of those with COVID? It states on page 8, "We exclude studies that use cases, hospitalizations, or other measures.".... so I think there study was attempting to show the death rate on entire populations .......

Someone correct me if i'm wrong. I'm not a scientist. :)

You're funny and annoying at the same time. I leaned forward and squinted my eyes to read your post. Its like that Andy Kaufman bit where he intentionally put static into the broadcast as a joke to get people to mess with then antennas. He had no way of knowing if it actually worked, but he did it anyway.
Did you at least get the context of the joke? If not, I'm gonna go delete it and get back to work and never post again.

You got a chub reading that last sentence didn't ya?

Trump left it up to local control and democrats have run around all over the nation locking people down and forcing masks that do nothing. Democrat teachers unions want to keep kids from going to school and are forcing kids to eat outside in shit holes like NY for absolutely no reason. It is insanity and people actually vote for these idiots. Why aren't we seeing the death count all over the media anymore? I thought Joe was going to beat COVID from his basement. Biden is the biggest POS to ever hold office. He has done nothing during his tenure but filibuster desegregation and pass legislation that was bad for the black community but he's a democrat so he gets a pass. The man was friends with KKK members but he gets a pass. He raised a racist crack head but he gets a pass. He has used his office at every level to enrich his family but he is a democrat so he gets a pass. Trump and his family were international business people before they were in office and running for president is something he did not need to do. It hurt him financially. Biden is getting ready to start a war with Russia to cover up his crack head son's dirty dealings with Ukraine. But he's a democrat so he will get a pass

Although the dead rate may only get reduced very slightly; but the sheer number of cases was reduced hugely. Hence, the actual number of deaths was also hugely reduced!

What are you basing this on? More people died from COVID in 2021 than 2020.

Let's let all the evidence come in first. That has been the entire problem with this entire pandemic.

Reactions: rrdog
“Republicans are always right. Democrats are always wrong.”

Does this summarize the thread from the usual AY political contributors?
Well this is not Google, Facebook, Twitter, CNN, ESPN, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, FBI, IRS, or any other information outlet that has a foundation of "Democrats are always right. Republicans are always wrong and when they aren't we will make up stuff like Russian Collusion. And when Democrats like Stacy Abrams questions elections we allow laws to be changed and we call her a patriot. When republicans do the same they are insurrectionist. Or when democrats burn federal buildings and riot against police, murder innocent people and loot small businesses it is misinformation to actually report what is going on."

Post it from Johns Hopkins
Why can’t you just go look it up? Is it because you really don’t want to believe it? Do you want to believe the lockdown were beneficial? Do you want to believe Fauci is infallible? Do you want to be led around by the nose? Are you going to argue against the findings of Johns Hopkins now? Are you and Cheeky going to try to shift the focus away from the JH’s findings by acting like the poor picked on victims of the vast right conspiratorial majority of this board full of racists rednecks?

Trump left it up to local control and democrats have run around all over the nation locking people down and forcing masks that do nothing. Democrat teachers unions want to keep kids from going to school and are forcing kids to eat outside in shit holes like NY for absolutely no reason. It is insanity and people actually vote for these idiots. Why aren't we seeing the death count all over the media anymore? I thought Joe was going to beat COVID from his basement. Biden is the biggest POS to ever hold office. He has done nothing during his tenure but filibuster desegregation and pass legislation that was bad for the black community but he's a democrat so he gets a pass. The man was friends with KKK members but he gets a pass. He raised a racist crack head but he gets a pass. He has used his office at every level to enrich his family but he is a democrat so he gets a pass. Trump and his family were international business people before they were in office and running for president is something he did not need to do. It hurt him financially. Biden is getting ready to start a war with Russia to cover up his crack head son's dirty dealings with Ukraine. But he's a democrat so he will get a pass
Acting like only democrats were responsible for the lockdowns discussed in this article is really weird.

Reactions: MeatWalletMassacre
Why can’t you just go look it up? Is it because you really don’t want to believe it? Do you want to believe the lockdown were beneficial? Do you want to believe Fauci is infallible? Do you want to be led around by the nose? Are you going to argue against the findings of Johns Hopkins now? Are you and Cheeky going to try to shift the focus away from the JH’s findings by acting like the poor picked on victims of the vast right conspiratorial majority of this board full of racists rednecks?
No, I believe in using credible sources and so should you. Pretty basic stuff

What are you basing this on? More people died from COVID in 2021 than 2020.

Let's let all the evidence come in first. That has been the entire problem with this entire pandemic.
If this country had locked down sooner in 2020, the cases would have been greatly lowered. Serious lock downs were in 2020, while there were only a few minor lock downs in 2021. Of course, more people died in 2021 because there were far more cases than 2020 even though the dead rate actually went down due to the vaccines.

• Haha
Reactions: Lukeag
If this country had locked down sooner in 2020, the cases would have been greatly lowered. Serious lock downs were in 2020, while there were only a few minor lock downs in 2021. Of course, more people died in 2021 because there were far more cases than 2020 even though the dead rate actually went down due to the vaccines.
No, no evidence of this anywhere and there were more deaths in 2021. Where do you get your data Motherjones

Reactions: darterbury
lol.....Australia says hello. If lockdowns work why are they not working in Australia? Are those people somehow different than us and we would have a better outcome if we used our military to lock everything down like they did?

It’s actually impossible to prove the death rate either way. I guess we could compare to a country that didn’t lock down?

now the part that can be proven.
Suicide rates
Divorce and abuse
Drug and alcohol abuse
National debt
Education system failing leaving some kids behind
The one I'm interested in is cancer rates. Colonoscopies and mammograms were paused and at my hospital they're still catching up from the most recent pause due to delta.

My bet is there will be a small bump in some cancer mortality rates over the next several years as the slight delay in diagnosis for many cancers plays out. I've got no data about that. Just a gut feeling.

Surgeons were seeing similar problems in the early days of COVID. There was a spike in ruptured appendices as people were scared to even go to the ER and were really sick by the time they showed up.

Did you at least get the context of the joke? If not, I'm gonna go delete it and get back to work and never post again.

You got a chub reading that last sentence didn't ya?
At first i just assumed the font changes were fat thumb errors on a smart phone. But i got it after i was done. You made me shake my head at you and laugh at myself at the same time. You got me.

Reactions: chuckg_07
The one I'm interested in is cancer rates. Colonoscopies and mammograms were paused and at my hospital they're still catching up from the most recent pause due to delta.

My bet is there will be a small bump in some cancer mortality rates over the next several years as the slight delay in diagnosis for many cancers plays out. I've got no data about that. Just a gut feeling.

Surgeons were seeing similar problems in the early days of COVID. There was a spike in ruptured appendices as people were scared to even go to the ER and were really sick by the time they showed up.
Yes this is the case, wife just finished treatment for breast cancer. She delayed her mammogram maybe 2-3 months. She is fine but there a lot out there lurking.. I have delayed my colonoscopy while she has been in treatment.

• Wow
Reactions: txag1979
Apparently, they did more harm than good. Who could have predicted that?

Lockdowns had little or no impact on COVID-19 deaths, new study shows
Lockdowns in the U.S. and Europe had little or no impact in reducing deaths from COVID-19, according to a new analysis by researchers at Johns Hopkins University.

The lockdowns during the early phase of the pandemic in 2020 reduced COVID-19 mortality by about 0.2%, said the broad review of multiple scientific studies. “We find no evidence that lockdowns, school closures, border closures, and limiting gatherings have had a noticeable effect on COVID-19 mortality,” the researchers wrote.

But the research paper said lockdowns did have “devastating effects” on the economy and contributed to numerous social ills. “They have contributed to reducing economic activity, raising unemployment, reducing schooling, causing political unrest, contributing to domestic violence, and undermining liberal democracy,” the report said. “Such a standard benefit-cost calculation leads to a strong conclusion: lockdowns should be rejected out of hand as a pandemic policy instrument,” the paper concluded.

Read the actual article - very difficult retrospective analysis with few controls ( used Sweden ) - they data mined a bunch of studies and tried to sort out which to include etc - huge task required a lot of assumptions -

biggest shortcoming was enough “ no lockdowns” to compare to -

I’m in the field and early on if the spike had grown faster the deaths would have multiplied dramatically due to lack of beds/ icu/ vents etc

read the actual article - think they did best they could be these are inherently presumptuous - again lack of really big good “ control country” makes it hard to firmly agree -

Read the actual article - very difficult retrospective analysis with few controls ( used Sweden ) - they data mined a bunch of studies and tried to sort out which to include etc - huge task required a lot of assumptions -

biggest shortcoming was enough “ no lockdowns” to compare to -

I’m in the field and early on if the spike had grown faster the deaths would have multiplied dramatically due to lack of beds/ icu/ vents etc

read the actual article - think they did best they could be these are inherently presumptuous - again lack of really big good “ control country” makes it hard to firmly agree -
We will take that as a maybe.

Reactions: agdoc716

Not cancer, but when things started to open up and Dr's offices resumed normal operations my father (mid 70's) went in for a 6 month checkup that had been delayed several months. They took some scans, held him there while they made some phone calls and scheduled surgery on his corroded artery for the next week before he left the building.

Reactions: Gruvin1
Well this is not Google, Facebook, Twitter, CNN, ESPN, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, FBI, IRS, or any other information outlet that has a foundation of "Democrats are always right. Republicans are always wrong and when they aren't we will make up stuff like Russian Collusion. And when Democrats like Stacy Abrams questions elections we allow laws to be changed and we call her a patriot. When republicans do the same they are insurrectionist. Or when democrats burn federal buildings and riot against police, murder innocent people and loot small businesses it is misinformation to actually report what is going on."
What about when republicans storm the capital and kill police

Yes Democrats cried for 4 years that the 16 election was stolen
Which democrats ? Did they storm the capital and murder police ? ( don’t bring up idiots in oregon) - did Democrat leaders bring up every rally that election was stolen - please send clips of Biden saying election was stolen

As a whole, being a politician was a lose lose situation in the pandemic no matter which side you were on.

It was a big variable in the presidential election. Its not what brought down Cuomo in NY, but he was Icarus who used the pandemic for celebrity that then exposed other things. It almost brought down Newsome in California. I'm hoping in Texas we can replace some of our leadership in the primary (not holding my breath).

If you tried to prosper from the pandemic and grand stand to the media, you likely were going out on a ledge that made you a target even if you didn't need to eat your words.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT