ADVERTISEMENT

Ginsburg

Pretty true. I know a few who just always wanted to be judges. I never have and several great lawyers I know have zero desire.
There are a few. I tried a case in philly last year with a Stanford law grad judge who was brilliant.

Then we also have ones in Houston who just plead guilty to embezzlement.

There are a few. I tried a case in philly last year with a Stanford law grad judge who was brilliant.

Then we also have ones in Houston who just plead guilty to embezzlement.
Oh I’ve had some experiences in that court...better told over a beer and not on here!

Any idea how many judges Trump has nominated that are deemed “unqualified” by the ABA (American Bar Association), a non partisan mostly conservative organization?

Obama nominated zero.

Do you think judges should be qualified for lifetime appointments?
And the ACLU cares about civil liberties for all right?

Reactions: texasguyto and wick
afb092120dAPC20200921034623.jpg

The Democrat senators with Obama thought confirming a SC judge before the last election was a great idea. Now they are crying about hypocrisy. Their blindness to their own hypocrisy is astounding.

Reactions: 2th_doc
The Democrat senators with Obama thought confirming a SC judge before the last election was a great idea. Now they are crying about hypocrisy. Their blindness to their own hypocrisy is astounding.
The hypocritical comments are on both sides, but that means they just offset and mean little. The facts are still there, 1 opening, republican Senate and Republican President.

one point to consider is that dems were fully on board with putting merritt garland on the court during an election year.. what were you saying about hypocrisy?

also, regarding one quote about split party btwn prez and senate.. is mcconnell 2016 satisfactory?
mitch mcconnell 2016
"One might say this is an almost unprecedented moment in the history of our country. It has been more than 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy arose and was filled in a Presidential election year, and that was when the Senate majority and the President were from the same political party. It has been 80 years.
Since we have divided government today, it means we have to look back almost 130 years to the last time a nominee was confirmed in similar circumstances."
it really is the obvious point they wish to ignore.. and the media complies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT