ADVERTISEMENT

For the Ags taking ivermectin as a Covid preventative:

How old is your daughter and what kind of health is she in?

If she had covid, especially a mild case, she's almost certainly immune to reinfection of any sort of consequence. The data is showing that natural immunity is every bit as strong as vaccination and actually more effective vs. Delta.

As for their husbands, what about their health or prior covid infections?

The wife and I are a hard no on getting our 11 & 7-year old boys vaccinated. The risk of myocarditis in boys in particular is substantially higher than any risks from covid. We actually need to make appointments to get them tested for antibodies because they've been exposed repeatedly with nary a sniffle.
My 3 kids waded through Covid like it wasn’t there. I assume they’re all still positive and I can’t wait for them to get back to school. They seem to have more energy and are more rambunctious than ever. One of them coughed for a couple days. That’s about it.

There’s way more misinformation going on about Covid on both sides and it’s really hard getting a handle on things. And it’s flat out impossible to argue with the anti-vax folks, one of whom is my daughter. My other 2 are vaccinated or had Covid and assumes she’s now immune, but both of their husbands are morons who won’t take any vaccines. Normally that wouldn’t bother me but there’s an 11 and a 4 year old involved. “Are you vaccinating them.” I asked. Both said they’re not sure. Simply Amazing.
Actually the data has been pretty clear on kids and they're right to not be Gung ho about getting them vaccinated, very rarely are they hospitalized etc., I asked our local hospital CEO about this and he said almost no cases of kids under 18 admitted. Not one of my 5 kids got it (or at least had any symptoms) when I had it and took care of them 24/7.
I think the data leans pretty heavily against the need for vaccinating kids but as with everything else it's people's decision.

Reactions: superag1000
Curious if anyone has died from taking horse medicine since this thread started. Didn't go through all 19 pages. Any updates?

Reactions: jeffmc
Actually the data has been pretty clear on kids and they're right to not be Gung ho about getting them vaccinated, very rarely are they hospitalized etc., I asked our local hospital CEO about this and he said almost no cases of kids under 18 admitted. Not one of my 5 kids got it (or at least had any symptoms) when I had it and took care of them 24/7.
I think the data leans pretty heavily against the need for vaccinating kids but as with everything else it's people's decision.
I would really prefer not to do this on here. I am sure the same organizations mentioned so far plus the AAP will recommend vaccinating kids, but you guys will still disagree with it. We dont have to fight over parenting.

Just take your horse medication and chill

Curious if anyone has died from taking horse medicine since this thread started. Didn't go through all 19 pages. Any updates?
This is probably 60% of AY. Just assumes something wild happened. Hahaha

No one died. Two tails less than a foot long each. One rectal procedure after an application incident and a lot of mistrust of anyone with a PH.D or MD.

This was on the local Fox News station in Dallas last night. "Very rarely" is obviously subjective but it's tough to see avoidable childhood suffering.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/overw...lea-as-covid-19-delta-variant-surge-continues

FORT WORTH, Texas - The number of children hospitalized with COVID-19 in the North Texas region surpassed 100 for the first time during the pandemic.

Area hospitals report they are out of pediatric ICU beds.

The overall number of COVID patients in North Texas hospitals increased to nearly 3,500 Wednesday, with 52 adult ICU beds available.

Cook Children's Medical Center doctors held a press conference Wednesday, and were direct with criticism of the unvaccinated and parents who don't make their children wear masks to school.

The overwhelmed hospital is sounding the alarm.

While new modeling forecasts a virus peak by mid-September, some doctors predict many more school closures in the near future because of outbreaks.

There was a frank and desperate plea from medical professionals for everyone to get vaccinated and wear masks.

Those at Cook Children’s are seeing an alarming number of children, whether they have pre-existing conditions or not, hospitalized with COVID-19.

And that’s impacting the ability to care for not just COVID patients, but any child who is sick or injured.

Cook Children’s in Fort Worth released new video inside its facilities Wednesday.

Nestled amongst sterile, high-tech equipment were reminders that a child’s life was at stake there.

Cook-Childrens-COVID_19-ICU-HANDOUT_mp4_00.02.41.28.png

Cook Children’s also shared the news it opened a third COVID unit for the first time, and it filled up within 24 hours.

"We need some compassion from the community, we need people to understand that this is an illness that is absolutely affecting our children and we’re hitting a crisis mode when our children’s hospital is having trouble seeing all of the patients presenting to us and we can’t do it without your help," Medical Director of Urgent Care Services for Cook Children’s Dr. Kara Starnes said.

Cook Children’s reported seeing a record 600 patients in its ER Monday.

In a regular year, they would see about 300 this time of the year.

"We run one of the biggest, busiest, baddest ERs in the country at 300. And we go up to 400, even 500 in the past, but at 600, we are physically unable to care for kids in a timely fashion," Medical Director Of Emergency Services for Cook Children’s Dr. Corwin Warmink said.

Cook Children’s was also forced to shut down its urgent care center in Hurst over the weekend to consolidate staff due to shortages.

The hospital system said it’s running thin on staff due to illness and burnout.

It’s vaccine requirement for employees doesn't kick in until September 27, and officials say that requirement is not a factor when it comes to these staffing shortages.

"We haven’t lost staff due to vaccine requirements," Dr. Starnes said. "The staffing shortages we’re experiencing currently are due to illness or burnout."

RELATED: UT Southwestern: COVID hospitalizations will peak next month, but forecast shows improvements

The steep incline in COVID cases among children was already underway when schools started across the area.

While a few districts require masks, many are not.

Some districts have been forced to pause due to so many staff and students ill or quarantined.

"If you want your child to get sick, send them to school without a mask. Bottom line. It’s not a question of if they’ll get sick, but when," Dr. Warmink said.

Doctors at Cook Children’s are also frustrated more people aren’t vaccinated, despite overwhelming evidence the vaccines work.

Children under the age of 12 are still too young to be vaccinated, meaning they rely on masking and everyone who is eligible getting vaccinated.

Dr. Susi Whitworth said every hospitalization she’s seen at Cook Children’s is someone not vaccinated.

"If we had higher uptake of the COVID vaccines, we would be infinitely better off than we are now. There has never been this much information about a vaccine in the past," Dr. Whitworth added.

And doctors said it’s not just children with pre-existing conditions who end up hospitalized.

They are seeing plenty of healthy children showing up too.

"The odds are on your side, but why risk it. You wouldn’t drive with your kid without a seatbelt, you’re a bad parent if you do that. Why would you risk your child’s health? Get them vaccinated. You, yourself should get vaccinated and mask up," Dr. Warmink said.

Cook-Childrens-COVID_19-ICU-HANDOUT_mp4_00.06.12.17.png

Doctors can’t say enough that the delta variant hits differently with children.

Cook Children’s has lost seven children to COVID-19, and two of those deaths were Just last week.

"I get paid and everything in my training and career was to not freak out. But I’m freaking out," Dr. Warmink said.

Doctors said one way people can help is by not taking their kids to the ER when it’s a non-emergency situation, like wanting a COVID-19 test for exposure.

They said if someone shows up with something minor, there’s a chance they will wait all day because they are triaging patients in the ER right now

I would really prefer not to do this on here. I am sure the same organizations mentioned so far plus the AAP will recommend vaccinating kids, but you guys will still disagree with it. We dont have to fight over parenting.

Just take your horse medication and chill

That recommendation would be for 12 and over which neither of the referenced kids are, so you're still wrong and GFY because already stated multiple times in this thread I'm not taking anything, I know reading comprehension is tough for a lot of y'all.

Reactions: tdogdfw and Lukeag
Once again from the CDC website showing deaths by age group through 8-31-21, only 0.23% of all the 633K covid deaths are persons 24 years old or younger. That means 99.77% of all covid deaths are people 25 and older. Also have read most of the 0.23% young person group had other serious health problems. Young healthy people have virtually no risk. Also 78% of all covid deaths were people age 65 or older. One size fits all does not seem to be supported. My wife and I are vaccinated because we are middle aged and getting the vaccine seemed a bit better than the risk based on age group. The news media likes to use fear tactics quite often. Do your research. #science

Once again from the CDC website showing deaths by age group through 8-31-21, only 0.23% of all the 633K covid deaths are persons 24 years old or younger. That means 99.77% of all covid deaths are people 25 and older. Also have read most of the 0.23% young person group had other serious health problems. Young healthy people have virtually no risk. Also 78% of all covid deaths were people age 65 or older. One size fits all does not seem to be supported. My wife and I are vaccinated because we are middle aged and getting the vaccine seemed a bit better than the risk based on age group. The news media likes to use fear tactics quite often. Do your research. #science
You better watch it. It’s a new world. You aren’t allowed to look at data and make decisions for yourself anymore. Fauci is the only person you should listen to so get your shit straight.

You better watch it. It’s a new world. You aren’t allowed to look at data and make decisions for yourself anymore. Fauci is the only person you should listen to so get your shit straight.
He says while ignoring the Fox News story about kids in hospitals.

Lol
Lol. I’m not ignoring anything. I chose to discuss things in my backyard. Was at Dell Childrens hospital today and unfortunately one of the 2 covid patients with terminal cancer passed but it wasn’t the covid that did it. There are about 12 more kids there with covid as of today but they all have comorbidities and did not show up at the hospital for their covid. They showed for something else and were tested. Sounds like Cook Childrens is seeing something different unfortunately. Seems to me even more reason to push early treatment to help keep hospitals open. Had a heart transplant patient come down from Dallas because of it to be treated here in Austin due to Cooks not performing their regular procedures due to Covid. My 8 year old will not get the vaccine as her population is not having any problems with this

Last edited:
Lol

Lol. I’m not ignoring anything. I chose to discuss things in my backyard. Was at Dell Childrens hospital today and unfortunately one of the 2 covid patients with terminal cancer passed but it wasn’t the covid that did it. There are about 12 more kids there with covid as of today but they all have comorbidities and did not show up at the hospital for their covid. They showed for something else and were tested
Well if you didn’t see it, then it didn’t happen.

Not worried but I certainly want to insure I have a mild case if I get it. I am aware and don’t deny it could possibly kill me or put me in the hospital, which I don’t want. I view a 40 year old drug that I can buy off the shelf as perfectly safe. I did more research than most on this topic and I’ve watched people take it (even excessive amounts) with no negative effects. I’m testing because I really want to pop positive soon because I have a trip to Alaska planned for 2 weeks from yesterday. I need to get it and get it behind me or I’m out a few grand in that trip. Plus I really want to go on that trip. I’m in a timing sensitive situation in that regard.

Edit: I also am testing daily because I’m definitely having symptoms. They are mild but they are definitely the same symptoms as the others in my household.
Why not take the ivermectin for prevention.

I don’t take ivermectin, but this article is trash.

1) no reports of anyone dying.
2) ODing is not really what’s being questioned.
3) I would love to see these “gun shot victims” that are being displaced by people not dying of ODs.
4) how many gun shot cases does a small
Town rural NE Oklahoma hospital see?
5) if they aren’t treating “gun shot victims”, who are they treating besides the ODs?

you have evaluated the vast, vast majority of the medical community? so ridiculous. you hear and read what is "permitted"

have any of you published a paper in a peer reviewed science journal? have any of you been on the review/editorial board?

there are a vast, vast amount of studies performed on the covid risks for age groups, risk groups, and treatment options out there but cherry picking the ones you want is similar to the stupidity of man-made global warming

So we’ve silenced a vast majority of the medical community. That’s your take here? Literally every doctor I went to school or am remotely acquainted with is vaccinated and encourages vaccinations. And I’m the one cherry picking data…

in a practical sense, this is a great stance to have. Unfortunately, this line of thinking ends with the country being railroaded by the radical left.

a group trying to remain neutral being while pulled in a single direction (even if by the fringe elements) by the government, education system, media, Hollywood, military, sports, and corporate world will fall in the direction being pulled.

We will never again see middle ground common sense prevail in our lifetimes.

I get what you’re saying and I can’t argue against it but let me offer a separate way to consider things.

As long as people believe there will be no middle ground there won’t be. We are being pushed in opposite directions by politicians, media, and social media and are under the impression we HAVE to pick a side. Look at this message board as an example. We all have far more in common than most others across the country yet we devolve into name calling, conspiracy theories, and other bullshit to try to prove the legitimacy of our side within a group of what should otherwise be “friends”. And it’s not one side or the other. It’s both. I feel like I get on my soap box about once a year here but still encourage people to find common, middle ground. It’s the only way to get this ship righted.

So we’ve silenced a vast majority of the medical community. That’s your take here? Literally every doctor I went to school or am remotely acquainted with is vaccinated and encourages vaccinations. And I’m the one cherry picking data…

I understand your position and you supporting it with your personal experiences with your acquaintances. I believe that is important information.

But when I did that I was repeatedly reminded that it was anecdotal evidence and was not reliable and I could not use that in any discussion to justify my position.

I guess we are both just a couple of conspiracy theorists.

No one's minds are going to be changed.

Let's drink some beer, eat some smoked dove and watch some college football.

News story? Lol. Do you even read and analyze shit or just go with the headlines?

Not even sure which one you're referring to but have already looked at this stuff.

Kids are being hospitalized for RSV and other respiratory infections, they may have COVID but that's not the cause. There is a spike in CASES but low severity. I directly asked a hospital CEO about kids and COVID and he point blank told me there have been very few admissions under 18 for COVID and from everything they have seen kids are largely unaffected with mild symptoms if at all.

Reactions: BDB99
I understand your position and you supporting it with your personal experiences with your acquaintances. I believe that is important information.

But when I did that I was repeatedly reminded that it was anecdotal evidence and was not reliable and I could not use that in any discussion to justify my position.

I guess we are both just a couple of conspiracy theorists.

No one's minds are going to be changed.

Let's drink some beer, eat some smoked dove and watch some college football.

Don’t get me wrong, I wholly believe that various treatments like Ivermectin, HCQ, and others have helped treat people and I support people in their choice to choose those as options for treatment. I also just don’t believe that the global medical community would have let the vaccine distribution get this far without having a really, really good idea of the efficacy and long term lack of side effects. The repercussions of getting that wrong coupled with the governmental support of the vaccine would lead to full blown uprising and chaos like we’ve never seen.

So maybe I’m naive. I don’t know for sure one way or another. What I do know is football starts tomorrow and it’s been too ****ing long since I’ve been in Kyle Field and that’s something we should all be able to agree on.

I get what you’re saying and I can’t argue against it but let me offer a separate way to consider things.

As long as people believe there will be no middle ground there won’t be.
Pretending like we’re all friends and having so much in common is great right up until you pull the voting booth lever for more gun control, more open borders, more defunding police, more govt sponsored lockdowns, more out of control spending, etc…

show me you’re in the middle by not voting for more of these things.

Reactions: BDB99
I don’t take ivermectin, but this article is trash.

1) no reports of anyone dying.
2) ODing is not really what’s being questioned.
3) I would love to see these “gun shot victims” that are being displaced by people not dying of ODs.
4) how many gun shot cases does a small
Town rural NE Oklahoma hospital see?
5) if they aren’t treating “gun shot victims”, who are they treating besides the ODs?
Exactly. If you're stupid enough to overdose yourself on any medication you don't normally take, it's probably a good thing that you are removed from the gene pool. I don't need a study or a government (short for "the problem") to tell me what does or doesn't work. First hand accounts and lots of them will do for me. The medicine has been around and used for humans for 50 years. I took it for 2 months back in November as a preventative when I was around a lot of COVID positives and I never felt any different than if I hadn't been taking it. Taking the animal grade variety would seem a bit dicey to me though. I also got the vaccine and yet still have Ivermectin on hand in case I still get the bug since the vaccine is quite unreliable. Sequester the over 70 age group and those with high comorbidities and get on with life. This was my prescription in March of 2020 and it is as correct then as today. Lots of folks old enough to know I'm sure came up with the same thoughts. This has all been about global control of the masses. A little bit at a time until the pot of water is boiling. If not, how could the WHO, NIH, CDC, Dr. Fauci and others get so many things wrong? They've spent their careers learning how to get this right and they failed miserably. What would happen if we had an extremely potent virus outbreak and these nimrods were in charge? Depopulate the globe?

if you promise not to vote for another immoral sociopath, we may be able to work something out.

For the millionth gotdamned time, nobody liked Donald Trump. The alternative was Hilary Clinton. You’ll never convince me that she was a better option as President (nor a better person for that matter).

Reactions: Reez05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT