ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Vaccine

So I take it some of you prefer we go another year like this one?

I’ll take it if we can get back to normal. I’ve heard that numerous airlines may not let you fly in the future if you don’t have your vaccination card

Just remember, we have a flu vaccination, lots of people take it every year. We still have to take the vaccination and there are still deaths every year.

Well according to Fauci and other “experts” we will still have to wear mask and keep bars and diners closed next year even with the vaccine.

Absolutely no way I am ever taking this vaccine. If that means I never get to fly again, no problem, I'll drive to wherever the Mrs and I want to go.

Don't understand some of y'all arguing against our free choice on taking it or not. If we elect not to get the vaccine and you do get it, why in tarnation does that bother you?

Edit: and just for clarification, I have 2 underlying issues and yet I will still refuse to get this vaccine. I do get an annual flu shot every year and have for the last 10 years, just not this vaccine as I don't trust it.

Last edited:
let the at risk get shots first. May not need many since by February herd immunity will probably be reached with the vaccine.

Reactions: AggieTom2000
Absolutely no way I am ever taking this vaccine. If that means I never get to fly again, no problem, I'll drive to wherever the Mrs and I want to go.

Don't understand some of y'all arguing against our free choice on taking it or not. If we elect not to get the vaccine and you do get it, why in tarnation does that bother you?

Doesn't you are free for the time being to do what you want. Have at it.

no dice on this one and not sure I'd need it anyway - too far down the list on priorities and not scheduled to travel for work until June. let those that are at risk take it and those of us in the 0.003% risk pool ride it out. if these new vaccines are so effective, shouldn't need to but i can almost guarantee regardless of hospitalization and death rates that should drop, govt will force people to take it.

Reactions: Garyc20
no dice on this one and not sure I'd need it anyway - too far down the list on priorities and not scheduled to travel for work until June. let those that are at risk take it and those of us in the 0.003% risk pool ride it out. if these new vaccines are so effective, shouldn't need to but i can almost guarantee regardless of hospitalization and death rates that should drop, govt will force people to take it.
So I guess you’re fvcked then.

I will take it as soon as I can. I work in the oil field, also over sixty and had a bypass 14 years ago. so I should be in one of the second groups

If I have to keep wearing a mask, I don’t see the point. I used the COVID survivability calculator this morning, and I think I’ll take my .002% chance of death.
So I got curious and checked probabilities of dying of other things.

As a 37 year old man, I’m more likely to die of the following things, among other causes:

Hornet, wasp, bee stings
Hot surfaces and substances
Sharp objects
Electrocution, radiation, extreme temperatures and pressure
Accidental gun discharge
Sunstroke
Choking on food
Fire or smoke
Drowning
Pedestrian incident
Gun assault
Fall
Riding a bike
Riding a motorcycle
Motor vehicle accident
Opioid overdose
Suicide
Chronic lower respiratory disease
All preventable forms of death
Cancer
Heart disease

And to be clear, I could care less about politics. I’m just talking numbers.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: darterbury
Taking it.

I like my freedom and want to do what I want to do without having to worry about catching covid.

If you get the vaccine then why do I have to? If the vaccine doesn’t protect you from unvaccinated then why are you taking it? Look at the clowns involved and do some serious research on the chemicals in the vaccine and follow the money.

If you get the vaccine then why do I have to? If the vaccine doesn’t protect you from unvaccinated then why are you taking it? Look at the clowns involved and do some serious research on the chemicals in the vaccine and follow the money.
Holy shit there are chemicals in this vaccine paid for by people??

Someone call me when the free one made from flowers and rays of sunshine comes out.

Man that scares me that otherwise smart people won’t take the vaccine. makes me fear this isn’t going away any time soon

Funny, I was going to say the exact same thing... the other way around

I would but since I just had the real thing, not sure if I’ll need it.
Same here. I had a very mild case of the CV. I did a blood test two days ago to confirm that I have the antibodies. I think I will continue to monitor my immunity in the future.
For those of you who have not had the CV, I truly believe my taking massive amounts of Vitamin D and zinc contributed to my mild symptoms. I did not fool around starting taking zinc. I have taken 2000 units per day of D for many years.

Reactions: CSAg03
I've been asking my patients about getting the vaccine for a couple of months. Generally, about half of the people that refuse the influenza vaccine are also saying they don't want the COVID vaccine. At least they're consistant.

I don't understand the logic of those that refuse the flu vaccine, but will be getting the COVID vaccine. But at least they're getting it.

Reactions: BIMSAg02
My family all got the vaccine earlier this morning. My dad was so pissed because my mom made him fly in last night so we could all do it together. Assuming no side effects, we’re all going to the club for lunch. Will update everyone on my progress

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT