ADVERTISEMENT

Wife in hospital w/ COVID - UPDATE- She's Home

Reez05

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2011
UPDATE: She came home today! Still going to take her lungs a few weeks to fully heal and need to watch out for secondary infection but things are looking better. Thanks for thoughts and prayers and all the information posted ITT.

It took a year and a half but we finally got COVID. We're both young and fairly healthy, I'm overweight and diabetic but have always had a strong immune system, not sick often or for long when I am. My wife is pregnant so didn't want to get vaccinated and I wasn't really worried about it.

It went like I expected for me, was just tired for a few days, no fever, and wouldn't have known I had it but I lost my taste and smell so I took a home test. I didn't expect what happened to my wife, she had fever for a week and developed viral pneumonia. She has been in the hospital since Monday and is doing better now, we're hoping she can come home tomorrow but it's still going to take her a while to fully recover.

I support everybody's decisions to weigh risk and choose what is best for them but after seeing what this can do to a young healthy person I hope more people get vaccinated and don't experience this. Once my antibodies wear off I think I will be getting vaccinated (have heard not good things about J&J though so will be looking at Moderna or Pfizer).

Be well brother Ags, I hope you all stay safe and healthy and if you or a loved one does get it I hope your case is like mine and not like my wife's.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News