ADVERTISEMENT

Where have the serial killers gone?

AggieInDC

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2002
Houston
I realize I may be treading on the ground usually trod but such AY luminaries as @Higher Authority and @A2M Ag but a friend just posted on Facebook about the 34th anniversary of the killings at the University of Florida where he was a baseball player at the time and the "Gainesville Ripper" murdered 5 students over 3-4 days.

I had heard of this killer, Danny Rollings, before and shortly before he was executed he confessed to killing 3 other people in Shreveport in 1989. When in jail he even ended up getting engaged to some crazy-ass lady who wrote crime novels. And she herself had dated a guy in HS who later became a cop and was himself executed for murder and while only convicted of 2 murders was suspected of, and claimed to have killed 26 more.

In both of these cases the killers were seriously sick fvcks who raped and mutilated their victims. Often tortured them. And in some cases they raped the corpses of their victims too. I can't even fathom that sort of fvcked up evil but I know it exists.

However, it seems that these days for some reason there aren't these sick fvcks out there. Dennis Rader, the "BTK Killer," is seems to be the last one and he was caught in 2005 but he committed his last murder in 1991. Although part of the reason he was caught was his urge to kill couldn't be overcome and he confessed in 2004 that he was planning to kill somebody else and had been stalking them.

Anyway, thankfully it seems like there aren't these folks out there like there used to be and I wonder why. What happened? Better medication? Too easy to get caught so they find other outlets? Or are they better at concealing their crimes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.