ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday night portal update

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
As mentioned earlier, KeAndre Lambert-Smith, the wideout from Penn State, will be here this weekend and through Monday. It would be nice if the weather would not suck. Looks like A&M or Auburn for him, but the Aggies are said to be all in for him (think NIL).

A&M has real interest in UH WR Sam Brown as well, but I don't know if there's any momentum there yet.

Right now A&M is all about wideouts, defensive tackles and running backs, though they're being more selective on the backs. On the DT front, Louisville DT Jermayne Lole will visit on the 24th. They've offered All-MAC DT CJ West of Kent State, and he would be the best of the bunch they've offered, IMO. They're also interested in Rutgers DT Rene Konga. They may also offer SFA DT Brandon Lane, who had a great season for the Lumberjacks (and they're ok).

I have heard that A&M intends to go after TCU DT Damonic Williams, who would be the crown jewel of the position group. He went into the portal today and OU jumped on him fast. I do not know if he has an A&M offer as of yet.

A&M has offered one offensive tackle, Savion Washington of Colorado. He started 9 games at right tackle for the Buffs last year but decided he'd had enough of Prime Time. He is a graduate student, so he'd be a single-year rental. It's interesting that they went for a right tackle when they have two guys with playing experience over there, but nobody behind Trey Zuhn. Says a lot about what they think of Zuhn, IMO.

Not to freak anyone out, but this bears watching: there are a few names missing from the Maroon & White Game rosters. Jabre Barber is hurt, so he's out. Bryce Foster is doing track, so he wasn't included. But there are a number of injured guys (Donovan Green, Enai White, Gabe Dindy) who were drafted anyway. DE Malick Sylla, LB Martrell Harris, OL Dorian Hinton and OL Blake Ivy aren't on the list. I saw Harris, Sylla and Ivy last Thursday. I don't know if I've seen Hinton. I will be looking for all of them tomorrow.

And, on the hoops front, Minnesota PF Pharrel Payne (10 PPG, 6.1 RPG) is visiting this weekend. If Catorano is right, then that should be his only visit (even if he has two more planned).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News