ADVERTISEMENT

USC fans coming into town for game

cockymom2boys

New or Lurking
Dec 28, 2000
My husband, our 28 yo son, his gf, and I are coming into College Station for the USC game on the 24th.
We have no expectations of winning lol but have never been to A&M so we are excited about the trip.
We are flying in on Thurs and driving to Austin on Sun.
While in College Station, we want to make the most of our time.
We know the Bush Presidential Library is closed but still want to see the grounds.
We also want to go to the Midnight Yell.
We will explore campus as well.

I'm hoping to get some insiders suggestions on things not to miss in this area. Once again we will be in College Station from Thurs to Sunday morning.

Thanks!

I can’t fathom why any visiting fan would want to go to midnight yell, you’ll say the same afterwards if you end up going…and I don’t mean this in any sort of threatening way.

spend that time BSing with people at the northgate bars on Friday night.

I can’t fathom why any visiting fan would want to go to midnight yell, you’ll say the same afterwards if you end up going…and I don’t mean this in any sort of threatening way.

spend that time BSing with people at the northgate bars on Friday night.
Really?
We've just heard about it and thought it would be cool to do.
I'm sure we will not make this trip again as we are making our way to visit SEC schools.

Do u guys not like visiting teams fans?
Just curious cause when other fans post on the USC rivals site a lot more USC fans reply.
The visitors usually end up getting invited to stop by various tailgates/given tips about visiting our stadium/etc....

You guys are quiet lol.

Really?
We've just heard about it and thought it would be cool to do.
I'm sure we will not make this trip again as we are making our way to visit SEC schools.

Do u guys not like visiting teams fans?
Just curious cause when other fans post on the USC rivals site a lot more USC fans reply.
The visitors usually end up getting invited to stop by various tailgates/given tips about visiting our stadium/etc....

You guys are quiet lol.

not a lot of activity on this “free board” so you’ll likely not get a ton of responses. Out of town fans are absolutely welcome - you’ll have a good time. You’re welcome to go to midnight yell but as offshore alluded to, it’s like going to another teams pep rally and there’s a lot of tradition and “inside jokes” that will be going on so it might not be as impressive as you think.

not a lot of activity on this “free board” so you’ll likely not get a ton of responses. Out of town fans are absolutely welcome - you’ll have a good time. You’re welcome to go to midnight yell but as offshore alluded to, it’s like going to another teams pep rally and there’s a lot of tradition and “inside jokes” that will be going on so it might not be as impressive as you think.
When in Rome...lol.

My husband, our 28 yo son, his gf, and I are coming into College Station for the USC game on the 24th.
We have no expectations of winning lol but have never been to A&M so we are excited about the trip.
We are flying in on Thurs and driving to Austin on Sun.
While in College Station, we want to make the most of our time.
We know the Bush Presidential Library is closed but still want to see the grounds.
We also want to go to the Midnight Yell.
We will explore campus as well.

I'm hoping to get some insiders suggestions on things not to miss in this area. Once again we will be in College Station from Thurs to Sunday morning.

Thanks!
As a proud Aggie Class of 1956, Welcome to "Aggieland". I can assure you that your stay will be pleasant as there is much to see and enjoy. It's a very friendly campus and you'll be welcomed by everyone you come in contact with. In fact, the afternoon of the game wear your "Gamecock Year" and visit the tailgating area across the street from the stadium and I can assure you that you'll be treated to some great Texas BBQ and a Lone Star beer
If your looking to experience the Aggie Spirit checkout the Midnight Yell practice in the Stadium. And if your looking for a place to hang out in the evening, visit the bar area in the Hilton hotel. If your looking for a nice restaurant with a great menu, I would recommend the Messina Hof Winery about 5 miles outside CS.

Enjoy Your Stay

Gig'Em

As a proud Aggie Class of 1956, Welcome to "Aggieland". I can assure you that your stay will be pleasant as there is much to see and enjoy. It's a very friendly campus and you'll be welcomed by everyone you come in contact with. In fact, the afternoon of the game wear your "Gamecock Year" and visit the tailgating area across the street from the stadium and I can assure you that you'll be treated to some great Texas BBQ and a Lone Star beer
If your looking to experience the Aggie Spirit checkout the Midnight Yell practice in the Stadium. And if your looking for a place to hang out in the evening, visit the bar area in the Hilton hotel. If your looking for a nice restaurant with a great menu, I would recommend the Messina Hof Winery about 5 miles outside CS.

Enjoy Your Stay

Gig'Em
Thank you so much.
We are very excited about seeing College Station. We will definitely be in Gamecock gear lol.
We are sad because we just found out today that we've lost our QB for the rest of the year. But we were not going to beat you guys anyway lol.

Thank you so much.
We are very excited about seeing College Station. We will definitely be in Gamecock gear lol.
We are sad because we just found out today that we've lost our QB for the rest of the year. But we were not going to beat you guys anyway lol.
I know exactly how you feel, we lost our QB during the first QTR of the first game and it's taken 5 games to upgrade our back-up. Just enjoy your time in CS and the game atmosphere. I've been in William Brice Stadium
many times and I've always enjoyed it.

I know exactly how you feel, we lost our QB during the first QTR of the first game and it's taken 5 games to upgrade our back-up. Just enjoy your time in CS and the game atmosphere. I've been in William Brice Stadium
many times and I've always enjoyed it.
Should we take a shuttle to the game or drive?
How is parking/traffic?

Should we take a shuttle to the game or drive?
How is parking/traffic?
As you might expect, parking is always a premium. Some hotels provide game day shuttle service' check with them. There is a very large lot of George Bush Bullavard near the George Bush Library which provides shuttle service to and from the game. Most of the parking areas on campus are designated "Parking Pass Required" lots so I would suggest the parking lot close to the library your best bet.

Your're in for a great college day game experience.

Gig'em !!!!!!!

As you might expect, parking is always a premium. Some hotels provide game day shuttle service' check with them. There is a very large lot of George Bush Bullavard near the George Bush Library which provides shuttle service to and from the game. Most of the parking areas on campus are designated "Parking Pass Required" lots so I would suggest the parking lot close to the library your best bet.

Your're in for a great college day game experience.

Gig'em !!!!!!!
Oh, and I was remiss in not mentioning that should you want to get a load of your feet you should visit the Memorial Student Student just across from the stadium. They have a number of fast food eateries, but best of all, they have a large auditorium with several large TV screens where you can watch several games in progress.

Oh, and I was remiss in not mentioning that should you want to get a load of your feet you should visit the Memorial Student Student just across from the stadium. They have a number of fast food eateries, but best of all, they have a large auditorium with several large TV screens where you can watch several games in progress.
Thanks for the info.
We just bought tickets to go to the USC alumni tailgate. It's just easier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT