ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Dylan - Updated with video

HouTxAg

Known Member
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Hey all,

I wanted to give you an update on Dylan and share what you all helped make possible. Last November, 10 months ago, my ten year old baby daughter Dylan was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma (bone cancer) in her right heel bone. After sharing her story and asking for prayers on this site, she was chosen as the 2016 AggieYell holiday fundraiser beneficiary. (Big thanks to Marco to supporting that nomination)

It gives me great pleasure to announce that after 14 rounds of chemo therapy, 50+ days in the hospital, 4 emergency room visits due to infection, a lower right leg amputation, countless transfusions, and an absolute emotional rollercoaster for our entire family, I can happily report that she was able to ring the "end of treatment" bell at Texas Children's Hospital last Friday afternoon. Her treatment is complete! I'd post a video but I'm illiterate to technology and don't know how.

The doctors feel that they have rid her of this awful disease. We now move into the next phase in which we are extremely excited about. She will be heading back to school full time in mid October. The doctors will be removing her chemo port in the next month. And we will begin the process of fitting for her new prosthetic so that she won't have to walk on those damn crutches anymore. She will walk, she will run, she will jump, she will dance, and she will play sports again.

I do hope to get her to an AggieYell tailgate/game this year so that many of you will be able to meet her and see first hand the amazing girl you helped save.

I'll never be able to thank you enough....I'm eternally grateful for your kindness!!

Chip

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News