ADVERTISEMENT

Update after MRI today on post 31

6.William.Bs

Apr 12, 2011
Howdy Ags,

MRI came back yesterday same as last time. Which is good (no growth). You may recall an MRI last year revealed it had almost doubled in size (I have more thoughts on this based on timing of other things, but I want to keep this off of the politics board. Both DVT’s are dissolved & I will be having some imaging done soon to check on pulmonary embolism after meeting with pulmonologist. I have made a couple of trips to the ER with some discomfort in my chest, that just turned out to be acid reflux.

Onco Doc is putting a plan together going forward as to what to expect & do next based on several variables. Looking at some clinical trials based on genetic mutations I have that were discovered through NGS testing from a partner lab in California & the lab I work with in SA.

Surgery (4) & radiation (2 rounds) are exhausted & hyperbaric treatments didn’t seem to do much. Last week’s scheduled chemo treatment was put on hold due to poor results on pulmonary function test (PFT) & low blood counts. I did have a seizure last week after having a stomach CT. I’m pretty sure it was from having to drink the liquid for the contrast. I’ve had many MRI’s where the contrast was injected via IV and had no side effects. So the next day my body was completely fatigued & I fell 2x at home. They say having a seizure is like running a marathon in 3 min, and that seems pretty accurate.

Last night I went to bed & heard some birds chirping in the trees behind the house & then again this morning, and it reminded me to thank the good lord for another day with my family & friends (I’m trying no to go all Huntsville Hornet here). This morning I woke up and thanked God to do it again. My days now pretty much consist of AY, Ag sporting events, my kids’ games, mixed in with some social media, & The Big Texan Steakhouse thread, and the best part having morning coffee with the wife everyday (with very little strength & coordination on my whole left side, my activities & capabilities are limited - I don’t do stairs & drive very little if at all).

The wife is a champ! She’s an in-house caretaker & becoming a pretty damn good nurse. I married up & it hurts me to hear when some of you have lost yours.

After seeing the GoFundMe and the words of encouragement included, so many people in this small town asked what/who in the hell is Aggie Yell’? I just say a bunch of friends I’ve never met in a community you’ll never understand. I mean we talk sh*t one minute to each other & then talking Ag athletics the next.

Thanks and Gig’em, seriously…thank you all,

The Becker Family

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News