ADVERTISEMENT

Up to date numbers - Houston Methodist Hospitals....

If you won’t get vaccinated please wear condoms.

i love all of you pompous asshats. I would advocate a tattoo system so when this is all over we can identify those who felt the need to get in other people’s lives. You got your shot, you’re squared away, why is that not the end of it?

Reactions: Elgot

i love all of you pompous asshats. I would advocate a tattoo system so when this is all over we can identify those who felt the need to get in other people’s lives. You got your shot, you’re squared away, why is that not the end of it?
Can’t help themselves not enough to control themselves they got to be in everyone’s life.

Reactions: texasguyto

Good luck. Do what you want.

Do you have kids?

I generally agree with your sentiment. It's a personal decision, and I would never preach to anyone that they should get the shot if they don't want it.

On the other hand, it's annoying as shit--and getting worse--to hear politicians say we have to give up liberties, mask our children even if we think it's bad for them, and can't resume a normal life because it presents too much risk to the unvaccinated.

The quid pro quo here should be it's an individual choice to get the shot or not, but no one is going to change their behavior to protect those who decline.

I hear it all day yesterday from Desmar Walkes in the news break on KLBJ. It’s in line with every hospital system I’ve been in and physician in the area Is telling me. The 2 icu bed thing and lack of overall beds is a staffing shortage. Large part due to hospital systems mandating the vaccine. Y’all can do whatever you want with the info you find and I’ll do the same. Natural immunity has proved more effective by the Cleveland clinic and all over the world and people want to listen to Kentucky and some local news organizations that have been screaming trump collusion and ignoring the millions of illegal immigrants pouring into the county with covid 1-5. I was shocked to hear it but it is in line with the rest of the world and Cleveland clinic study of 52k patients in the healthcare settings. I’ll take that over local news hacks not looking into anything but dutifully reporting whatever BD they’re fed.
Unfortunately I’ve been listening to KLBJ AM a lot as I had to go pick up my daughter from my fUlly vaccinated FIL who test positive for covid today. He got it from his fully vaccinated colleagues. I was with him all weekend so I’m quarantined. I’ve been around this shit consistently since this began and have never had any symptoms but keep having to quarantine due to being exposed to covid positive fully vaccinated people. You know it’s odd I don’t have 1 person I know who has been unvaccinated had the virus and got covid. Every day the number of people in my circle who are vaccinated that number keeps rising. If I see someone unvaccinated that had covid get it again it would be my first.
My goal in this has never been to not get covid in this thing so I’m pretty sure we are looking at this from totally different points of view. I’ve tried to expose myself to this thing the whole time and as of yet haven’t had any symptoms
Here’s the Cleveland Clinic press release. Notice it recommended that even those who’ve contracted COVID 19 still get vaccinated. Note also they indicated the potential weaknesses in the study, such as the young population in the study. So, I suppose the real conclusion from the study is that you should get the vaccine. Please stop disseminating false and misleading information on this topic.
June 9, 2021 / News Releases

Cleveland Clinic Statement on Previous COVID-19 Infection Research​

“Cleveland Clinic recommends those who are eligible receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
We recently shared research that provides insight into how the immune system protects the body after a confirmed COVID-19 infection. The study followed Cleveland Clinic caregivers over five months as the vaccination process was beginning. The data showed that the vaccine was extremely effective in preventing COVID-19 infection. In addition, we found that none of the previously infected employees who remained unvaccinated were re-infected over the duration of the study. This information could help guide vaccination efforts should there be a shortage of vaccine supply and in countries where vaccine supply is limited.
This is still a new virus, and more research is needed. It is important to keep in mind that this study was conducted in a population that was younger and healthier than the general population. In addition, we do not know how long the immune system will protect itself against re-infection after COVID-19. It is safe to receive the COVID-19 vaccine even if you have previously tested positive, and we recommend all those who are eligible receive it.”
About Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic – now in its centennial year – is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, it was founded in 1921 by four renowned physicians with a vision of providing outstanding patient care based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion and innovation. Cleveland Clinic has pioneered many medical breakthroughs, including coronary artery bypass surgery and the first face transplant in the United States. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation’s best hospitals in its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey. Among Cleveland Clinic’s 70,800 employees worldwide are more than 4,660 salaried physicians and researchers, and 18,500 registered nurses and advanced practice providers, representing 140 medical specialties and subspecialties. Cleveland Clinic is a 6,500-bed health system that includes a 173-acre main campus near downtown Cleveland, 19 hospitals, more than 220 outpatient facilities, and locations in southeast Florida; Las Vegas, Nevada; Toronto, Canada; Abu Dhabi, UAE; and London, England. In 2020, there were 8.7 million total outpatient visits, 273,000 hospital admissions and observations, and 217,000 surgical cases throughout Cleveland Clinic’s health system. Patients came for treatment from every state and 185 countries. Visit us at clevelandclinic.org. Follow us at twitter.com/ClevelandClinic. News and resources available at newsroom.clevelandclinic.org.
Editor’s Note: Cleveland Clinic News Service is available to provide broadcast-quality interviews and B-roll upon request.
Cleveland Clinic © 1995-2021. All Rights Reserved.

Here’s the Cleveland Clinic press release. Notice it recommended that even those who’ve contracted COVID 19 still get vaccinated. Note also they indicated the potential weaknesses in the study, such as the young population in the study. So, I suppose the real conclusion from the study is that you should get the vaccine. Please stop disseminating false and misleading information on this topic.
June 9, 2021 / News Releases

Cleveland Clinic Statement on Previous COVID-19 Infection Research​

“Cleveland Clinic recommends those who are eligible receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
We recently shared research that provides insight into how the immune system protects the body after a confirmed COVID-19 infection. The study followed Cleveland Clinic caregivers over five months as the vaccination process was beginning. The data showed that the vaccine was extremely effective in preventing COVID-19 infection. In addition, we found that none of the previously infected employees who remained unvaccinated were re-infected over the duration of the study. This information could help guide vaccination efforts should there be a shortage of vaccine supply and in countries where vaccine supply is limited.
This is still a new virus, and more research is needed. It is important to keep in mind that this study was conducted in a population that was younger and healthier than the general population. In addition, we do not know how long the immune system will protect itself against re-infection after COVID-19. It is safe to receive the COVID-19 vaccine even if you have previously tested positive, and we recommend all those who are eligible receive it.”
About Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic – now in its centennial year – is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, it was founded in 1921 by four renowned physicians with a vision of providing outstanding patient care based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion and innovation. Cleveland Clinic has pioneered many medical breakthroughs, including coronary artery bypass surgery and the first face transplant in the United States. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation’s best hospitals in its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey. Among Cleveland Clinic’s 70,800 employees worldwide are more than 4,660 salaried physicians and researchers, and 18,500 registered nurses and advanced practice providers, representing 140 medical specialties and subspecialties. Cleveland Clinic is a 6,500-bed health system that includes a 173-acre main campus near downtown Cleveland, 19 hospitals, more than 220 outpatient facilities, and locations in southeast Florida; Las Vegas, Nevada; Toronto, Canada; Abu Dhabi, UAE; and London, England. In 2020, there were 8.7 million total outpatient visits, 273,000 hospital admissions and observations, and 217,000 surgical cases throughout Cleveland Clinic’s health system. Patients came for treatment from every state and 185 countries. Visit us at clevelandclinic.org. Follow us at twitter.com/ClevelandClinic. News and resources available at newsroom.clevelandclinic.org.
Editor’s Note: Cleveland Clinic News Service is available to provide broadcast-quality interviews and B-roll upon request.
Cleveland Clinic © 1995-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks. Still not planning to get it but the ones in my family who are at risk have been vaccinated. Hopefully as they continue to get this virus it will be minimal. Worried about my FIL as he is the only one in my family that is truly at risk with heart conditions. Their study still has the data that not one previously infected patient contracted covid in the study and recommends everyone get the shot while saying there is still much we don’t know. I was not saying anything that in that study that wasn’t stated in your article.

I generally agree with your sentiment. It's a personal decision, and I would never preach to anyone that they should get the shot if they don't want it.

On the other hand, it's annoying as shit--and getting worse--to hear politicians say we have to give up liberties, mask our children even if we think it's bad for them, and can't resume a normal life because it presents too much risk to the unvaccinated.

The quid pro quo here should be it's an individual choice to get the shot or not, but no one is going to change their behavior to protect those who decline.
the unvaccinated aren't the ones asking for mask and people to give up liberties....politicians may be saying that....but most unvaccinated want to just go back to normal. Vaccinated people are the ones screaming for mask, lockdowns, etc....which seems backwards doesn't it?

Thanks. Still not planning to get it but the ones in my family who are at risk have been vaccinated. Hopefully as they continue to get this virus it will be minimal. Worried about my FIL as he is the only one in my family that is truly at risk with heart conditions. Their study still has the data that not one previously infected patient contracted covid in the study and recommends everyone get the shot while saying there is still much we don’t know. I was not saying anything that in that study that wasn’t stated in your article.
Ok, great. It sounded to me like you were saying the Cleveland Clinic was recommending that anyone who had contracted COVID was better protected than those who were vaccinated and that they were further recommending that those who had recovered needn’t be vaccinated. In fact, they were saying just the opposite.

Ok, great. It sounded to me like you were saying the Cleveland Clinic was recommending that anyone who had contracted COVID was better protected than those who were vaccinated and that they were further recommending that those who had recovered needn’t be vaccinated. In fact, they were saying just the opposite.

Did you also miss where none of their study who were previously infected and unvaccinated got reinfected?

Did you also miss where none of their study who were previously infected and unvaccinated got reinfected?
No, but did you note their qualification on the group in the study being both younger and healthier than the general population? The critical point was that the Cleveland Clinic concluded that even those who had an undetermined level of post infection immunity should still get vaccinated. BDB99 has, in at least two threads on the vaccine claimed CC’s report claimed that vaccinations weren’t necessary in recovered patients. A statement that is both misleading and patently false.

I have a great idea. Let’s all change each other’s minds with another thread on AY.
We should do ring matches between the vaxxed and unvaxxed. Winner determines the outcome of whomever side you pick (vaxxed would have to forego the booster and not get vaxxed for 2 years if they lose?). Unvaxxed simply get vaxxed.

No, but did you note their qualification on the group in the study being both younger and healthier than the general population? The critical point was that the Cleveland Clinic concluded that even those who had an undetermined level of post infection immunity should still get vaccinated. BDB99 has, in at least two threads on the vaccine claimed CC’s report claimed that vaccinations weren’t necessary in recovered patients. A statement that is both misleading and patently false.
maybe I spoke in generalities and I shouldn't. I was talking about me and any other person under 50 in good shape. They should make their own decisions based on the data out there. The way I see it if I am perfectly healthy and have been exposed to this thing over and over since the beginning I don't see the need to take the vaccine. My daughter who is 8 does not need the vaccine. My wife is in better shape than I am and is in Healthcare decided she doesn't want to take it ( like me ) unless she if forced to so she can make a living. Looks like both of us will be forced to and it is bullshit. I've been in the healthcare industry in one way or another for 17 years and have a ton of friends and colleagues who feel the same way I do. I am tired of the grandstanding and the lies from our local politicians and CDC about something we are all seeing in our own eyes. People who are vaccinated are getting this thing at an alarming rate. No doubt people who aren't vaccinated are getting sick and going to the hospital. We locked the country down for a year so when the variant came out people were fat, unhealthy and their immune systems weren't ready for a virus they had no contact with. Even if they were vaccinated.
I've never said people shouldn't get the vaccine....if you would listen I said a big segment of the population doesn't need it. It is a crutch and many people don't need that crutch. Why don't we talk about the people that have had it and had no symptoms? There are no studies or scientific evidence saying there is any reason for them to be getting an experimental dose of a vaccine and anyone who brings that up is banned from YouTube or any other social media platform. All I am saying is I see people all around me who have had the vaccine now getting the virus. Not one person I have been around nor heard about that had the virus and either had no symptoms or suffered through it has had it twice. I do know of people who had it pre vaccine, got the vaccine and then got covid again only to have a rough time with it. I think our own MAC is one

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...11-locally-transmitted-unlinked-death-2105066

Singapore from yesterday. Sorry for the long read, for some reason it wouldnt let me screen shot the bit i was looking at as a summary.

Thing about masks - Before covid, it was quite common for a person not feeling well to wear a mask to work or out in general here in sg. So, adapting to wearing masks as a fact of life has been easy for most here. I dont even notice I have one on most of the time now. Kinda dangerous considering how forgetful i can be.

Like others have said having underlying conditions, being over 60 and not being vaccinated are risk factors.

The stat near the bottom of that article says unvaxxed folks are at nearly 10x greater risk at becoming severely ill or dying. Im ready for the booster if its required for Delta or Lamda or whatever is next.

maybe I spoke in generalities and I shouldn't. I was talking about me and any other person under 50 in good shape. They should make their own decisions based on the data out there. The way I see it if I am perfectly healthy and have been exposed to this thing over and over since the beginning I don't see the need to take the vaccine. My daughter who is 8 does not need the vaccine. My wife is in better shape than I am and is in Healthcare decided she doesn't want to take it ( like me ) unless she if forced to so she can make a living. Looks like both of us will be forced to and it is bullshit. I've been in the healthcare industry in one way or another for 17 years and have a ton of friends and colleagues who feel the same way I do. I am tired of the grandstanding and the lies from our local politicians and CDC about something we are all seeing in our own eyes. People who are vaccinated are getting this thing at an alarming rate. No doubt people who aren't vaccinated are getting sick and going to the hospital. We locked the country down for a year so when the variant came out people were fat, unhealthy and their immune systems weren't ready for a virus they had no contact with. Even if they were vaccinated.
I've never said people shouldn't get the vaccine....if you would listen I said a big segment of the population doesn't need it. It is a crutch and many people don't need that crutch. Why don't we talk about the people that have had it and had no symptoms? There are no studies or scientific evidence saying there is any reason for them to be getting an experimental dose of a vaccine and anyone who brings that up is banned from YouTube or any other social media platform. All I am saying is I see people all around me who have had the vaccine now getting the virus. Not one person I have been around nor heard about that had the virus and either had no symptoms or suffered through it has had it twice. I do know of people who had it pre vaccine, got the vaccine and then got covid again only to have a rough time with it. I think our own MAC is one
People who are vaccinated are getting this thing at an alarming rate.
Got some data to back this up?

There is zero point discussing this with anyone anymore. With a year and a half of Covid data and almost a year of vaccine data (including the trials), everyone has had everything they need to make their own decision. No one's mind is being changed and if one is relying on local news or fringe websites for data that is their problem. it's going to quickly run through the remaining population that is now fully out and about, this is the last wave we'll pay attention to, but it'll be in circulation forever and we'll all get it (edit: "it" will be some variant, it's like influenza) someday.

Last edited:
Hey smart guy. I took a pcr test that came back positive. That means I have the same antibodies the vaccinated allegedly have only I got mine the old fashioned way. Should I still willingly participate in a large experimental vaccination trial that still isn’t FDA approved?

Do you take a multi-vitamin?

What could go wrong?
41z4p1.jpg

Reactions: texasguyto
There is zero point discussing this with anyone anymore. With a year and a half of Covid data and almost a year of vaccine data (including the trials), everyone has had everything they need to make their own decision. No one's mind is being changed and if one is relying on local news or fringe websites for data that is their problem. it's going to quickly run through the remaining population that is now fully out and about, this is the last wave we'll pay attention to, but it'll be in circulation forever and we'll all get it (edit: "it" will be some variant, it's like influenza) someday.
Agree with this. At this point you aren’t going to sway anyone. But if it’s your choice, also make it your choice to treat it on your own since you’re a science expert. Stop clogging up the hospitals. Surgeries are shut down again and no income here for who knows how long. Your choice is now affecting our income and that’s not my choice.

Reactions: Agswag12
Agree with this. At this point you aren’t going to sway anyone. But if it’s your choice, also make it your choice to treat it on your own since you’re a science expert. Stop clogging up the hospitals. Surgeries are shut down again and no income here for who knows how long. Your choice is now affecting our income and that’s not my choice.
This is such a dumb take.
What about people who smoke?
People who drink?
People who overeat?
People who drink and drive?

They all made choices for themselves too, should they have to treat themselves?

I’m not a doctor but 676 patients out of 7,000,000 people doesn’t sound too bad. IMHO
Until you, your wife (assuming you're not gay), your son, daughter, other loved one needs a Dr., nurse, and the proper equipment to deal with Covid are not available.

Last edited:
Reactions: RINGDUNKER93
In what world does any disease or sickness not change your perspective when it's your family?
By this reasoning, if your family got one of numerous side effects, would you change your opinion?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT