ADVERTISEMENT

Underlying issues that sabotage our program

Richard23

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
I believe that A&M is a victim of their own success in NIL and the portal.

And Jimbo might not be the right coach for this era of semi-pro semi-student athlete.

When a kid grows up wanting to play for A&M or Texas, or in the SEC they have a life long dream. They are recruited for years, join the program with a band of brothers, and earn their spot.

Today, it's a business. Athletes are playing for their NIL. For a better situation through the portal, and certainly if things don't go as expected, they have a way out.

I think our culture is bit like the sips in the past where the recruits were entitled and expected success. They were not ready to be punched in the nose by an equal.

There is s slight difference between fighting for your dream and fighting for your NIL.

I think coaches like Saban and Smart are able to get them to play for their team, for their brothers, for the man standing next to them. I think they develop team leaders that others will follow. Based on their persona (like Johnny) and focus on the team, their brothers. (Anias is ours).

Jimbo never evolved to that level. So, we have people that expect life to go a certain way because they've been told they are worth the money that they are getting.

It's a slight difference. But we have seen it over and over that we find a way to lose, while champions find a way to win.

I may be wrong, but I see no other underlying reason for missing out time after time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News