ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. Gov't - subverting work

i can’t believe it’s taken this long, frankly.

have we ever had these crazy low rates for this length of time?

The real train wreck will be rising interest rates. I remember the Carter years. Loans were impossible to get. Shit is going to get real. The Fed will eventually have to react to the inflation by raising rates.
It is on the way. Commodity prices are wild. Stagflation is a real possibility.

Reactions: true maroon1
DeSantis announced you have to upload proof of applying to a job by May 29th, or no more eligibility in Florida. No proof has been required in over a year. Already had someone apply to a job and not respond to contact. Hope he makes a way for employers to report that.
Tired of our favorite restaurants on limited menus or not able to serve food due to no staff anywhere. Couldn't get tires rotated because they only had one dude some days, three guys half day on other days. Tons of examples. Crazy.

The real train wreck will be rising interest rates. I remember the Carter years. Loans were impossible to get. Shit is going to get real. The Fed will eventually have to react to the inflation by raising rates.
That’s not the modern economy. Why do interest rates have to rise in our current economic realities? Because that’s what used to happen is no longer an accurate answer.

Long term interest rates rise because of inflation in the economy. The Fed uses short term rates to slow down a heated economy and as inflation decreases the long term rates come back down.

The issue is this is not the normal cause and effect. Our inflation has less to do with an economy that is heating up and more to with supply chain issues. Unfortunately this administration is causing the supply chain issues in both labor and energy.

Both these components are used in every good and service we buy, so the whole market is feeling the effect. This problem is not going to be fixed by the Fed. It is going to take a change in policy.

Long term interest rates rise because of inflation in the economy. The Fed uses short term rates to slow down a heated economy and as inflation decreases the long term rates come back down.

The issue is this is not the normal cause and effect. Our inflation has less to do with an economy that is heating up and more to with supply chain issues. Unfortunately this administration is causing the supply chain issues in both labor and energy.

Both these components are used in every good and service we buy, so the whole market is feeling the effect. This problem is not going to be fixed by the Fed. It is going to take a change in policy.
You clearly don’t understand the modern economy. Debt, interest, commodities, prices, labor? They’re just the shadows on the wall governed by a magical 4th dimensional force that I don’t care to explain right now but will nevertheless talk down to you and act like I know what I’m talking about.

If this is all complaining about continuing the high unemployment supplements and suspending the taxation of it, then yes.
Half of it is the clueless on capitol hill don't know what to do, so they're just paying extra to keep the poor and the dumb from rising up. The other half are pushing it through to accomplish the whole myth of the minimum livable wage.
Both of it will lead to hardships in the future.

But half of the people in this country will blame it all on Trump, and the other half will blame everything on Hillary. I mean Obama. I mean Biden.

Well, to be fair, they need to go up. Fed funds target of 0.00-0.25% is dumb. 10-yr bond at 1.66%? dumb.

Well, to be fair, they need to go up. Fed funds target of 0.00-0.25% is dumb. 10-yr bond at 1.66%? dumb.
They do but when the do the government, me and you, will be paying an enormous amount to pay the interest on the debt. That is why. the are hiring inflation and keeping rates low. It will explode soon.

Have the people that can't find workers considered offering more than what the government offers?

Maybe the people on UE can transition into infrastructure project jobs when that gets passed.

Have the people that can't find workers considered offering more than what the government offers?
“Mr small business owner, why can’t you compete with the entity that can legally cut the top off your profit and pay it to your employees to not work?”

“I had to raise wages to compete so a quarter of my employees now don’t have a position to come back to.”

Reactions: Colt_Seavers

Maybe the people on UE can transition into infrastructure project jobs when that gets passed.

Have you every taken any Econ?

Genius. Not sure why more small businesses haven’t taken this approach. Maybe you should try consulting. Scratch that. I’m opening a new consultation business based on your genius. Would you like to apply?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT