ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday staff update

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
I'm sorry. I made a mistake and took a nap. And I just wrote "Saturday staff update" before catching myself, so it's one of those days

Mike Elko is bringing Derek Miller with him from Duke to take over as A&M's Director of Player Personnel. That's basically the recruiting manager. Kevin Mashack last held that role before he was fired in the early summer. He has moved rapidly up the ranks, working as a player personnel director at Bowling Green and East Carolina before coming to Duke. But his biggest selling point (IMO) was that he was the assistant player personnel director at LSU in 2017-18. In other words, he had a hand in assembling the 2019 juggernaut.

Miller is highly regarded, and this deal is done. If you need any validation, Duke has already pulled his bio.

Last week, I put together a thing on how the staff could end up getting assembled and had a bunch of Duke guys on the offensive side of the ball with James Coley. I starting to think that several position coaches on offense will follow Elko, but he's still very interested in adding a bigger name OC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News