ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to Cancel Obsolete Rivals Account - Thoughts?

JCW AgMan

Dec 21, 2001
A few years ago I gave my son a year subscription to Rivals. He stopped using it and I forgot about it. It renewed last year and I thought it was my main account, so didn't cancel it. Last week it renewed again for $99.95 and I called to cancel. Apparently the policy is even if you cancel on day 1 of the new subscription they will not offer any refund. Also, it's impossible to find a phone number so on this 25 minute chat with a customer service guy, I say I've been a customer for 15+ years, I have no intention of cancelling my main account, I just want a credit for the auto renewal of the account that hasn't been used in 2 years.

He says no dice, no refund. So I threaten to cancel my account as well - basically something I'd keep til I die, maybe $3,000 of renewals, unless they credit the $99. He says adios, no refund.

Am I unreasonable, or is it understood an annual subscription could never be refunded if cancelled in week 1? I believe MLB.TV and NFL Ticket can be cancelled for a partial refund.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News