ADVERTISEMENT

Tough Pre-Adoption Stuff...

Gravityfed

Gold Member
Feb 11, 2003
Had to get this out of my head and in written form to just fully express this situation.

My wife and I have been licensed to adopt through the state since February. We did not feel called to foster, only to adopt. But about every other month a picture/profile will cross our desks from our agency or CPS about a kid that needs a home and a couple of times we have been selected in the final 3 families. At that point, CPS has a meeting and decides who will be the lead family for this kiddo(s). It can be quite an emotional roller coaster.

Without being too specific, we got one yesterday afternoon and the kid looks like a perfect fit for our family. Right around the perfect age we were looking for, loves sports, playing, being outdoors. REALLY wants a pair of colorful basketball shoes. Lol. Seriously, the stuff some of these kids put on their profile as things they would love to do with their new family can be hilarious and a bit humbling. Things we totally take for granted. Oh, and bonus, unlike the vast majority of kids in the CPS system, has not been affected by drug or alcohol abuse. Very rare! Means he has a good solid head on his shoulders without developmental delays.

We have tried to stay guarded with our hopes on all of these kids, but this little dude seems like a great match for us. We won't hear anything until after the Thanksgiving break, but if you can, keep us in your prayers. We can use them.

Carry on!
BTHO Miss

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News