ADVERTISEMENT

TIDBITS

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
A&M in the market for a new defensive coordinator?
It just broke that Mike Elko is going to be offered the Duke job. As of an hour ago, there was nothing to report, but it looks like they’re going to make the move.
To say this could be disruptive is an understatement. But most commits should stick because they know Jimbo and know A&M will hire a strong replacement.
If they stay in house, Elijah Robinson is the obvious choice. But odds are they will go for a name and money clearly won’t be an issue. Just off the top of my head, I would look at Georgia’s Will Muschamp (a longtime friend of Fisher’s), Derek Mason of Auburn and former Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, who was the defensive coordinator at Alabama before going to Knoxville. He’s currently with the Giants.

There may be more
Penn State is still after Elijah Robinson and it stands to reason Elko will try to take him as his DC at Duke. But Penn State may turn their attention to Manny Diaz instead, and Temple is hiring Texas RB coach Stan Drayton for their top job. So A&M may do whatever they can financially to keep E-Rob.

Amazing visitor list for final recruiting weekend (Courtney)
Philadelphia Imhotep DE Enai White (Official, with his family and assistant coach); deciding on December 15th between Texas A&M, Ohio State, Georgia and Alabama; A&M’s biggest competitor - Georgia

Mead, WA. Mt Spokane 2022 kicker and A&M commit Ethan Moczulski - official

Miami 4-star DE Shemar Stewart (and his family); Rivals Future Cast 71% Texas A&M

Atascocita 4-star OL Kam Dewberry; Rivals Future Cast - tie between A&M and Ohio State; final three: Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. Dewberry told Rivals that he plans to visit both A&M and Texas this weekend, spending a day at each – though he hadn’t decided which days he will visit which school as of Wednesday.

“You know, really I try not to focus on NIL too much, because I want to go in and I just want to play,” Dewberry said. “I want to be one of the guys to be able to come in for three years. I know with the money, everything's going to take care of itself.

“If I take care of my business for three years, it’s going to be there. I'm just a guy that really loves football, so I'm not really focused on the Pancake Factory or the NIL type stuff.”

DB and A&M commit Smoke Bouie

Cypress Park five-star OLB Harold Perkins; Rivals Future Cast 100% Texas A&M; The Cy Park product is down to Texas, Texas A&M, and LSU; As for A&M, Perkins said he likes being around the players and the coaches, saying that he can see that they “gel”.

Martrell Harris - A&M commit

Walter Nolen - A&M commit

Jarred Kerr - A&M commit

5-star WR and A&M commit Evan Stewart

Conner Weigman - A&M commit

IMG Academy 4-star OLB Jihaad Campbell - official; top contenders: Penn State, Michigan, Texas A&M, Georgia and Oklahoma.

“LB Jihaad Campbell will be on an official to A&M this weekend. A&M seems to have vaulted to the top of his list immediately after his decommitment from Clemson.” - Mark Passwaters

Jadon Scarlett - A&M commit

Bobby Taylor (maybe) - A&M commit

Malick Sylla (maybe) - A&M commit

LeVeon Moss - A&M commit

Mark Nabou - A&M commit

Noah Thomas - A&M commit
Bryce Anderson and family are in Vegas for NFR; Denver Harris plays in Round Rock Saturday at 3 PM and Donovan Green and Chris Marshall will be playing basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News