ADVERTISEMENT

TIDBITS, sponsored by Paul Cleveland State Farm

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
How to get in touch with our sponsor:
Phone: 281-971-3362
Email: paul@westhoustonsf.com

Massive visitor list for the spring game (2023 prospects unless otherwise noted)

Frisco Wakeland 4-star OL Connor Stroh
Marlin 3-star LB Derion Gullette
Miami Northwestern 3-star WR Andy Jean
2022 5-star DE signee Lebbeus Overton
2022 4-star TE signee Donovan Green
Converse Judson 4-star DE and A&M commit Johnny Bowens
2022 5-star DT signee Walter Nolen
2022 5-star DE signee Shemar Stewart
2022 4-star WR signee Chris Marshall
2022 4-star OL signee Kam Dewberry
2022 4-star DL signee Jadon Scarlett
Harrisburg, N.C. Hickory Ridge 4-star WR Christian Hamilton (OV)
2022 4-star OL signee PJ Williams
Smithson Valley 4-star OL and A&M commit Colton Thomasson
IMG Academy 3-star OL Knijeah Harris (OV)
Melissa 3-star OL Trevor Goosby
3-star OL signee Hunter Erb
De Soto 4-star WR Johntay Cook
Alabaster, Ala. 4-star CB Tony Mitchell
Fort Bend Marshall 3-star ATH and Houston commit Jakoby Banks
Burien, Washington Kennedy 3-star OL Micah Banuelos (OV)
Denton Ryan 5-star LB Anthony Hill
Dallas South Oak Cliff 4-star CB Malik Muhammad
Roswell, Ga. 4-star CB Ethan Nation
El Campo 4-star RB Rueben Owens
IMG Academy 4-star DT Will Norman
Shiner 4-star ATH Dalton Brooks
Ordell, N.J. Bergen Catholic 4-star DT Sydir Mitchell Jr.
Thomasville, Ga. 4-star WR Adam Hopkins
Cy-Ranch 3-star WR Jarred Sample
Fort Lauderdale Stranhan 4-star WR Hykeem Williams

College Park, Ga. Woodward Academy 4-star S Myles Graham
Chesapeake, Va., 4-star CB Asaad Brown
Tyler 4-star ATH Derrick McFall
Leesburg, Ga., 4-star DT Omar White
IMG Academy DT David Stone

I have heard Dripping Springs QB Austin Novosad and Katy DE David Hicks will also be there, but I haven't gotten that verified.

But wait, there's more
The Aggies had some big names in yesterday as well. 4-star CB Javien Toviano of Arlington Martin and Platte City, Mo., 4-star DE Chandavian Bradley were at practice. I saw Bradley walking around and he's definitely all of the 6-foot-6 he's listed at.

Two commits in the near future?

South Oak Cliff 4-star CB Jaydon Thomas may be around tomorrow, but he's visited a few times recently anyway. I'm told that he's going to visit a couple of more schools, but at this point he's leaning strongly towards A&M and that deal could be done soon.
Another possibility will be on campus tomorrow. 4-star WR Adam Hopkins out of Thomasville, Ga., has pretty much narrowed his list to the Aggies and FSU (Thomasville is actually closer to FSU than Georgia or Georgia Tech by quite a bit), and again, it looks like A&M is the strong favorite at the moment.

A&M after another transfer

Buzz Williams remade his roster using transfers last season, and he's after at least another two. I mentioned earlier in the week that G/F Landers Nolley of Memphis would be making an official this weekend, but the Aggies are also after 6-foot-5, 210-pound guard Dexter Dennis of Wichita State. Dennis averaged 8.4 PPG last season, and has averaged between 8.4 and 9.6 PPG all four seasons of his career. He'd be a one-year rental, but it looks like Buzz is looking for scoring instead of size at this point.

Will A&M get in on Agiye Hall?

Former 4-star WR Agiye Hall of Alabama is in the portal after he was essentially told to take a hike by Nick Saban earlier this week. Hall, in spite of his immense talent, had repeated disciplinary issues while in Tuscaloosa. He would have been in their two-deep for sure this year, but the headaches became too much.
So why would A&M go after Hall immediately after giving Demond Demas a one-way ticket out of town? Well, I'm not sure they will. But, this situation reminds me of a conversation I had with a well-placed source around the time of the national championship game. They told me that there was a very talented young receiver on the Alabama roster who was already looking for a way out of town. Word got back to A&M (let me be clear here, there was no tampering and A&M did not initiate contact), and it seemed like there would be interest if this player decided to go into the portal. Through the process of elimination, I figured out it was very likely Hall.
That was pre-Demas getting into trouble and Hall getting kicked off the team. Those items may have changed the equation. All the same, if the Aggies do at least consider him, don't be shocked.

NFL Draft update

We're down to 3 weeks until the draft starts (20 days, actually), so if you want to go out to Vegas to watch, book your stuff now. It won't be cheap.
Ok, anyway.
Two teams have emerged as very strong contenders for RB Isaiah Spiller: The Buffalo Bills and the Tampa Bay Bucs. Both teams used a "Top 30" visit on Spiller (it's almost like recruiting; teams can fly in 30 possible draft picks to visit and interview). Baltimore and the Reds...Commanders also have serious interest, as do the Falcons.
Honestly, all of these teams make sense. They all have a need for at least a back that can be in a rotation, while the Bills need a feature back. That's all they're missing. Baltimore may sign Melvin Gordon today, but their RB depth was destroyed last season and they have two guys (including former La Grange star JK Dobbins) coming off ACL injuries.

Kenyon Green's status seems to have him hovering in the mid- to late- first round, and the Bucs are again a team that is seriously interest in him. Green Bay is also considered a possibility, since they need line help pretty badly. So does Arizona, the Eagles and Dallas. That puts him the range of 13 to 28 in the first round.

DeMarvin Leal, Micheal Clemons and Jalen Wydermyer were both given "Top 30" visits with the Cowboys. Clemons continues to get a lot of attention from teams, but they seem to want to keep that quiet. It's like he's a sleeper of some sort. Too bad: he's in Cincinnati today and will be in Seattle over the weekend. The Seahawks like him as a standup rush end/outside linebacker, but I'm not sure I'd buy into that thinking.

Leal's free fall seems to have stopped and people started watching his film again, so it seems like most teams have him as a second or third-round pick. Two names I hear a lot with him: Green Bay and Cincinnati.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News