ADVERTISEMENT

T-9 till kickoff…how do you REALLY feel?

Aggiesandastros

Gold Member
Dec 21, 2004
Honestly, this is the first season I can remember that I’m coming in with a high floor and a low ceiling. It’s just a strange atmosphere from the outside looking in.

I’ve reached that point where I’m not buying anymore hype on any players or any scheme, regardless of the fine work Mark does. He’s got a mortgage, I get it. I wanna see it with thine own eyes before I start making any predictions.

Hoping for the best, but I can’t shake this Mike Sherman feeling. Although, in Elko’s time here he was the exact opposite of Sherman. He would get gashed in the first half and then make a great adjustment to shut the opponent down in the second half. Sherman liked to dismantle a defense in the first half only to shit the bed entirely in the second. So, maybe that’s not a fair comparison.

I hated both hires and they’re both fat, old white guys. I’ll start the similarities there and wait for the rest to unfold naturally. I don’t have high hopes but I’m expecting at least 8 wins. Half-assed coaching and talent alone should justify that.

Here’s to hoping my gut is just full of beer hops and bong resin and isn’t to be trusted. SALUD!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.