ADVERTISEMENT

Supply chain issues are real

jphillips97

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2004
So, this morning, I stopped by McDonalds near my place and picked up breakfast. Mickey D's was out of all paper and plastic bags, so everything ordered came in a happy meal box. Yeah... (and the pic below is my breakfast this morning)

Don't get political on this one, but what are some of the weirdest supply issues you guys have seen out there?

249904653_10225011555303753_367715006688586757_n.jpg

No condoms at my local convenient store

This was the first thing that popped in my mind as well and I was going to post it.

No idea why I thought of it because I’ve never worn those damn things, but I did think about it.

• Haha
Reactions: FbFan222
It is a fabricated logjam. As someone who is in logistics, the problem isn’t the supply chain, it’s the red tape that has been purposefully created.
Go on. I’m curious about this because the sense I get is it’s in large part due to lack of trucking.

It is a fabricated logjam. As someone who is in logistics, the problem isn’t the supply chain, it’s the red tape that has been purposefully created.
It’s not all fabricated. We manufacture printed circuit boards and semiconductors are not available.

I’ve been in electronics manufacturing for 20 years and I have never seen anything like this.

Numerous issues with various concrete construction related products...revolves around precursor chemical component shortages. Silicone sealants are largely gone, Urethane sealants are hit & miss...epoxy adhesives are scarce.

Equipment is hard to source...it's a mess.

So, this morning, I stopped by McDonalds near my place and picked up breakfast. Mickey D's was out of all paper and plastic bags, so everything ordered came in a happy meal box. Yeah... (and the pic below is my breakfast this morning)

Don't get political on this one, but what are some of the weirdest supply issues you guys have seen out there?

249904653_10225011555303753_367715006688586757_n.jpg
This could have occurred because a manager simply forgot to order these items or someone in their warehouse screwed up. I doubt if that is a system wide problem for McDonald’s.

A big problem is the Port of Los Angeles, crane operators make $250K, newbie crane assistant make maybe $150K, they're not hourly workers and the union is haggling for more pay (source is a WSJ article) so they don't need to work fast. I'm making a Spec's run this afternoon and looking for a turkey tomorrow, I'll report back with my success or lack thereof.

Reactions: Reckless75
It’s maddening. Our Secretary of Transportation has been home since August with his husband and a couple kids they acquired.

Hard to believe what I just typed is real.
"Acquired". lmao!

I’ve heard that Long Beach is a big problem because they won’t let empty containers be stacked up above 2…so they ran out of room…and the trucks can’t get rid of empty containers to go and pick up full ones. It’s all because our local elected officials are…even more so than normal…idiots.

right now it is cheaper for ships to hit the Canal and come to Florida and Texas…than wait in line.

This could have occurred because a manager simply forgot to order these items or someone in their warehouse screwed up. I doubt if that is a system wide problem for McDonald’s.
You would think... But then why is Buc-ee's all drink cups? Why can't Taco Cabana get drink cups with their logo on it (multiple locations are using clear plastic cups and only a single size). I know several restaurants (including Carabba's) that can't get can't get calamari right now. There is a massive shortage on Gatorade in stores. Issues are happening on a large scale and McDonalds might be okay or might be dealing with issues. I brought it to the board as something humorous to have a little fun on a Wednesday. :rolleyes:

If it’s not a man made issue why is there only 1 port that is having the lions share of the issues. Are ships stacked up outside of Galveston too?

Most ships go to the West coast because it’s closer to Asia. Long Beach has changed the rules to allow stacks up to 5 high but you still need drivers to move them down the line.

Went to get my oil changed yesterday and Southern tire had no oil.

Economic growth is under expectations, partly due to supply chain issues... Kinda interesting that this article came out just a few hours ago.

No it is a system problem. I sell to McDonalds, Chick Fila, Starbucks and all the other big boys. The chain is broken and they are being shorted products all over the place. It is band aid on top of band aid. I just talked to the buyer at Chick Fila yesterday and they are requiring everyone to give updates on Labor, Shipping, transportation, and raw Materials.
Styrofoam cups and trays are hard to come by right now. That is why you aren’t seeing logos on cups. Like I was in Bucees and they didn’t have the beaver cups that day. Just generic or whatever they can get their hands on.

No it is a system problem. I sell to McDonalds, Chick Fila, Starbucks and all the other big boys. The chain is broken and they are being shorted products all over the place. It is band aid on top of band aid. I just talked to the buyer at Chick Fila yesterday and they are requiring everyone to give updates on Labor, Shipping, transportation, and raw Materials.
Styrofoam cups and trays are hard to come by right now. That is why you aren’t seeing logos on cups. Like I was in Bucees and they didn’t have the beaver cups that day. Just generic or whatever they can get their hands on.
Ok. Thanks

I’ve heard that Long Beach is a big problem because they won’t let empty containers be stacked up above 2…so they ran out of room…and the trucks can’t get rid of empty containers to go and pick up full ones. It’s all because our local elected officials are…even more so than normal…idiots.

right now it is cheaper for ships to hit the Canal and come to Florida and Texas…than wait in line.

read this twitter feed

this guy went to look for himself

Stop buying so many goods Americans

White House says Americans purchasing too many goods online is the “root cause” of the supply chain crisis

Stop buying so many goods Americans

White House says Americans purchasing too many goods online is the “root cause” of the supply chain crisis

While I’m sure there are people that are buying in huge quantities to hoard stuff to say it is the root cause is just asinine. Although no one should be surprised by the WH comments.

Reactions: slgilmore
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT