ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Thought

catorano

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2005
"your worst sin is that you have destroyed and betrayed yourself for nothing."

-Fyodor Dostoevsky, Crime and Punishment

in our society, we've gotten to the point where we can basically have anything we want at all times. We have easy access to food, education and human engagement.

Food- We've never been more overweight as a society. Time and money saved buying cheaper, easier foods ends up being more time and money spent on drugs and going to the hospital. Most of our food is addictive poison that eventually contributes to dementia, type 2 diabetes, cancer but it's easy to get and pretty tasty.

Education- we've never had more access to info. Our students have access to information we would've had to go to the library for. Instead, most people spend all day doom scrolling or seeking cheap entertainment on social media.

Human engagement- in a time where the whole world is connected. People have never felt more lonely and depressed. These superficial relationships online don't compare to face to face interaction but they're easy and more and more Americans find their friendships and love from the little computer in their hands. (note: I've made many real friendships from these initial computer ones).

What to change:
Eat real food
Get sun
Exercise
Read books
Spend time with friends and family not the phone

I'm as guilty as any but had these thoughts this morning and thought I'd share.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.