ADVERTISEMENT

Suggestions/Recommendations for Selling Beef

TexasDave77

Dec 20, 2014
You guys are killing it so I have another question. Last year we bought a ranch NE of Dallas. Stocked a few head of Black Angus, brought over our horses and we absolutely love it. Due to the crazy drought I decided to take our two biggest steers to the processor. I planned to take one a year for our family but these were some big dudes. I felt like I needed to get them off the pasture that isn’t growing grass because it is hotter than Satans asscrack with no moisture in sight….Until Today!

One of them came in with a hanging weight of 945 and the other was 864. Anyway, in hindsight I should have thought about selling the beef BEFORE I took them to the processor because I don’t have anywhere to put all the meat. I know some of you have to have sold beef before so are there any pointers? I have never sold beef so I don’t even know what I don’t know yet…. We have listed on Craigslist, Facebook and all the town moms groups for Prosper, Frisco, McKinney, Plano and all the little surrounding towns by us. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. If you have pointers I am all ears!

Also, any suggestions on what the pricing should be? Currently we are saying

Processed, finished, and vacuum sealed weight will be 600 pounds. So we can sell meat at 150 pounds (1/4), 300 pounds (1/2) or 600 pound (whole) if they want.

Whole - $7.25 per pound
Half - $8.00 per pound
Quarter - $8.25 per pound

This includes all cuts: steaks, roasts, ribs, stew, ground beef, etc.

I appreciate any advice from people who have sold beef before. Either I am going to sell one of these or all of AY is invited to a MASSIVE BBQ because I don’t have room for 1200+ pounds of awesomeness.

Please email me at David@polishedconsultants.com

Thanks!

Reactions: BVOSUX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News