ADVERTISEMENT

Son Playing College Ball

bierhaus

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2007
With the first game coming up, I figured I'd update anyone interested. My son ended up choosing to attend Colorado State Pueblo in the RMAC. It's crazy the way it all happened after I asked for advice back in January. The whole recruiting process is so screwed up becuase of Covid and the portal, so it was nothing like we'd been told to expect. He's starting out in Construction Management, which some of his other options didn't have. He was accepted at A&M into Construction Science, so he's into something similar that will give him some options if he ends up transferring back to A&M for any reason or wanting to attend grad school down here (which would be great).

I've got lots of stories so far between a boy and his dad that really make me proud. Right now he's calling me every day after practice, and that's been so cool. I know it won't last, and that's quite alright. While he's still a bit homesick and excited about everything, I'll take what I can get. He started making his mark the first day of working out on July 9, and he kept doing that through fall camp.

Right now, he's running maily with the 2s playing both MLB and Will and seeing some reps with the 1s every now and then. He's starting on KO return, punt return/block and onside KO. He told me last week he realized that if Pueblo ends up receiving after the opening coin toss, he'll be on the field for the first play of the year. He's definitely caught some eyes up there, and that's really neat for parents to hear, as some of you know.

We're excited to head up there this weekend for the first game. Gonna be very neat to see him realize a dream he's been working towards for so long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News