ADVERTISEMENT

Something a good Ag told me 10 years ago finally sunk in last night

819 Ag

Gold Member
May 16, 2002
Probably 10 years ago, my family and I were out eating an early lunch on a Saturday. While eating, I noticed the man next to us sporting his Aggie gear, so I decided to start a conversation. He looked to be in his late 40's, maybe 50 years old.

I asked him if he was ready for the game later that afternoon. He said yes and asked who we were playing. Him not knowing our opponent was very odd to me. I gave him the run down on the opponent and our team and everything that had gone down with recruiting and our team since the end of that last season.

I then asked him if was going to watch the game, and he said he would probably watch some of it, or he may check the score online after it was over. Again, I couldn't grasp not watching an Aggie game from start to finish and being mentally involved with every single play.

Then he told something that 100% truly sunk in last night. He said that the frustration and stress associated with Aggie football was not healthy for him. I have heard many on here say it, but I usually take it as a snap reaction to a bad game or a terrible coaching performance. I say it and think it too, but I know I am only kidding myself.

It would have been so much easier for me to take a look at the final score last night and see we lost by 1 and then go on about my business. Instead, I watched that game and completely immersed myself in it, and it went from pure joy to complete frustration. I became so wound up and torqued off, I know it impacted me physically.

I get it now, Ag. There was nothing 2% or half ass about your Aggieness. You made a decision that was best for you, and I will never question another Ag that feels the same way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News