ADVERTISEMENT

Should we volunteer to wear masks?

Numbers coming out show that Delta has a far milder impact than previous variants. Although cases are back to April numbers in most of the US, they are at January numbers in the UK where there is much more vigorous testing.

Things of note:
  • Hospitalizations and deaths are WAY down compared to April US numbers and January UK numbers. Vaccination is making up a large percentage of hospitalizations in the UK and almost all in Israel. This means one or more of the following
    1. The vaccines are offering good protection against severe illness with delta
    2. delta is far less deadly than the previous version
    3. COVID is moving to an endemic phase
#3 is a foregone conclusion, it was going to happen sooner or later. the US and UK screwed up by telling vaccinated to wear masks for the longest time. You WANT vaccinated to catch COVID. That way they build a T-Cell response to the virus as antibody resistance isn't how the body normally handles coronaviruses. It's the last-ditch effort so to speak. In football terms, the vaccine is a guarantee you will get a first down on 3rd and long, but the t-cell response is like a touchdown on 1st and 10.

If you believe masks are effective against COVID (I honestly don't think they are, they just help aerosol it) then wearing masks after vaccination would prolong the epidemic, causing more variants and making it take longer to reach endemic status. Australia and New Zealand for example, are completely ****ed once they open borders as nobody will have any immunity and the vaccines won't be feasible.

Also, in a personal opinion, it's becoming more apparent these vaccines are NOT vaccines, but more therapeutics. There to help prevent serious illness and death, not to prevent catching the disease, much like flu "vaccines". This is what is helping to drive some of the apprehension as the populace is used to vaccines like TDAP, Polio, MMU, Shingles, et all that provide at least lasting immunity since those diseases are slow developing, very matured, and rarely mutate, so antibody response works well. For diseases like influenza, coronaviruses, rhinoviruses, et al, our body mainly relies on T-Cell response first. That cannot be achieved via mRNA vaccines.

I still say talk to your PCP and if they say to get the shot get it, at worse you'll have a couple of rough days instead of hospitalization and that can be lessened with HCQ, Zinc, ivermectin is prescribed. Far better than the alternative and can help speed this to an endemic.

I don’t agree with the supposed solution of wearing masks but we are absolutely going to have to deal with an affected football season based on the near panic every time a new case pops up on a team even when players are vaccinated. Colleges have proven to be much more reactionary than pro sports. As it stands now, IMO we won’t play all of the 15 games I’m expecting us to play this year. And that would suck.

My solution is just quarantine the unvaccinated case and ignore the rest.

Please share a link that shows this. The numbers that I see are 600k Covid to 57k for Fentanyl. We should probably address both.
The 600k number is the total number of deaths recorded since the onset of the pandemic. That was prior to any vaccine existence and obviously no vaccinated . there were 33 deaths recorded today from COVID-19. Yes, that a little higher than it was but 33/330,000,000 total population is 1 in 10 million chance of contracting and dying from COVID. GIVE ME A BREAK! Fk the masks! Just get vaccinated or take what you get.

hint: it ain’t EVER gonna be zero. Thanks CCP!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocksolid
No proof vaccinated are dying but there are an increasing number of cases of vaccinated people becoming infected. No idea if that leads to only a mild case or if still at risk for significant complications.

CDC was indicated schools could open without masks but a national pediatricians group has come out disagreeing saying school kids should wear masks whether or not they are vaccinated.

I know teachers are trying to figure out whether to wear masks since elementary kids won't be vaccinated and probably more than half of middle and high school kids will not be. I know quite of few teachers who did test positive last year with a few that significant symptoms including having to be hospitalized. Administrators right now are trying to figure out if they will have enough teachers this fall because so many either retired or left teaching last year.

There absolutely is proof that vaccinated people are dying of covid after breakthrough infections. It's a really, really small number/percentage but it's absolutely documented fact.

Now for something completely different (thank god)

giphy.gif

Yes sadly a large portion of the population won’t get vaccinated but guarantee if Trump wore a mask and got vaccinated a vast majority of that portion of the population would wear a mask/get vaccinated. Because of my MS I still wear a mask even though I’ve been vaccinated. That’s only because I basically don’t have an immune system anymore though. If I didn’t have MS I wouldn’t wear a mask after my vaccination

• Haha
Reactions: Hot Sauce Hoy
Yes sadly a large portion of the population won’t get vaccinated but guarantee if Trump wore a mask and got vaccinated a vast majority of that portion of the population would wear a mask/get vaccinated. Because of my MS I still wear a mask even though I’ve been vaccinated. That’s only because I basically don’t have an immune system anymore though. If I didn’t have MS I wouldn’t wear a mask after my vaccination

Trump has been vaccinated and so has his family (except maybe Barron) and pretty publicly so.

Reducing your argument to such absurd condescension does you no favors and does not remotely strengthen your argument.

Trump has been vaccinated and so has his family (except maybe Barron) and pretty publicly so.

Reducing your argument to such absurd condescension does you no favors and does not remotely strengthen your argument.
Countless numbers of people at trump rallies specifically said that they weren’t wearing a mask because Trump doesn’t wear a mask. There is a large number of his hardcore voter base that do things based on what he does and says. Same group of people that refuse to admit their wasn’t widespread fraud in the election. They are sheep and you know they exist. Don’t know why you’re denying it unless you’re one of them.

The 600k number is the total number of deaths recorded since the onset of the pandemic. That was prior to any vaccine existence and obviously no vaccinated . there were 33 deaths recorded today from COVID-19. Yes, that a little higher than it was but 33/330,000,000 total population is 1 in 10 million chance of contracting and dying from COVID. GIVE ME A BREAK! Fk the masks! Just get vaccinated or take what you get.

hint: it ain’t EVER gonna be zero. Thanks CCP!
The numbers are less at the beginning of the day and on weekends, due to the way they are reported. Deaths is also a trailing statistic.

• Haha
i’m going to refuse to wear a mask because i want the stupid people to die and clean out the gene pool.

it has nothing to do with my civil liberties.

not directly, anyway.

Yes...all Trump's fault.

As I stated in the now shut down thread that we wouldn’t have a vaccine if it weren’t for trump. However, there is still a large portion of his voter base that does what he does. I.e. wouldn’t wear a mask because Trump refused to wear a mask. This is the same group of people that refuse to admit that the election wasn’t stolen.

End of discussion... beginning of BS straw dog phase.
Nah, that probably started around here:
"Yeah, let’s spend our energy stopping the Fentanyl epidemic instead. There’s more lives to be saved there than COVID ."

As I stated in the now shut down thread that we wouldn’t have a vaccine if it weren’t for trump. However, there is still a large portion of his voter base that does what he does. I.e. wouldn’t wear a mask because Trump refused to wear a mask. This is the same group of people that refuse to admit that the election wasn’t stolen.
You have an amazing ability to ignore anything that goes against your chosen narrative.

Buddy of mine with Tx P&W is down with COVID. He was vaccinated.

As to the UK study, I believe most there had only one shot. They have continued to struggle with COVID.

You have an amazing ability to ignore anything that goes against your chosen narrative.
I have no problem admitting my mistakes. They are plentiful. I made a mistake with him no t getting vaccinated but you know I’m right when it comes to masks. If he had worn a mask a large portion of that base would have done so as well. Again doesn’t apply to everyone but there is still a large portion of trumps base that refuses to admit the election wasn’t stolen. No matter how many times I make this point you have an amazing ability to ignore the fact that I’m right

• Haha
Knowing what we know about the Delta strain and that 40% of America isn't going to get vaccinated, should we volunteer to start wearing masks now? It would be nice to save the football season, if that's even possible at this point.
GTFO with that weak ass bullshit. Football will be 100%, don’t buy into fear. Throw away all the mask garbage and get outdoors.

Reactions: texasguyto
Per the Sankey thread, y'all watch college football ratings and money will start going the way of the NFL. I know I just became a little less interested.

GTFO with that weak ass bullshit. Football will be 100%, don’t buy into fear. Throw away all the mask garbage and get outdoors.
While I agree that if you’re vaccinated you don’t need a mask the SEC has already said that if your team isn’t 80% vaccinated and you have a positive case of covid you will forfeit the game. It will NOT be rescheduled

I have no problem admitting my mistakes. They are plentiful. I made a mistake with him no t getting vaccinated but you know I’m right when it comes to masks. If he had worn a mask a large portion of that base would have done so as well. Again doesn’t apply to everyone but there is still a large portion of trumps base that refuses to admit the election wasn’t stolen. No matter how many times I make this point you have an amazing ability to ignore the fact that I’m right
not one of your statements are even remotely correct. Have you not paid attention to the AZ forensic audit results. It’s happening in GA, PA and Wi. It was stolen yet you’re probably do as your told.

not one of your statements are even remotely correct. Have you not paid attention to the AZ forensic audit results. It’s happening in GA, PA and Wi. It was stolen yet you’re probably do as your told.
Arizona had something like 128 cases out of 3+ million votes. You are a massive moron/sheep if you believe the election was stolen. That is 0.0004 % of the vote in Arizona

• Haha
While I agree that if you’re vaccinated you don’t need a mask the SEC has already said that if your team isn’t 80% vaccinated and you have a positive case of covid you will forfeit the game. It will NOT be rescheduled
masks don’t work, especially outdoors. They do more harm then good. The Covid Vaccines aren’t true vaccines by definition- you can still catch it and transfer to others. You’re buying the BS

Arizona had something like 128 cases out of 3+ million votes. You are a massive moron/sheep if you believe the election was stolen.
Obviously you don’t know what you’re espousing. 78k unaccounted out of 2.1 million votes. Fact is +78k ballots received than sent out. Have not seen GA in the news either obviously, nor PA and WI

masks don’t work, especially outdoors. They do more harm then good. The Covid Vaccines aren’t true vaccines by definition- you can still catch it and transfer to others. You’re buying the BS
They absolutely work indoors. CDC estimates that 1/3 of the people that died would still be alive if everyone had worn a mask from the very beginning. Look at South Korea and Japan. Two countries that drastically enforced masks from the beginning and their death rate per capita is 30-50x lower than the US.

That is not what they said at all.

Obviously you don’t know what you’re espousing. 78k unaccounted out of 2.1 million votes. Fact is +78k ballots received than sent out. Have not seen GA in the news either obviously, nor PA and WI
Again you’re a moron/sheep. The final count for the state was something 120 to 140 that were mis counted. Do some research that isn’t Fox News. Even newsmax, which is even more far than fox, has said flat out Biden won and the election wasn’t stolenz

• Haha
every doctor around the world dealing with infectious diseases says masks work but you’re right they are all wrong. This is like listening to Scott atlas for all of your medical advice

If people would have been given a choice to taking known therapeutics such as HCQ and Ivermectin (safe, efficacious, cheap) at the onset we’d probably have shutting it down quickly. But it was political hot potato for big money maker for the big box stores and Pharmaceutical companies.

If people would have been given a choice to taking known therapeutics such as HCQ and Ivermectin (safe, efficacious, cheap) at the onset we’d probably have shutting it down quickly. But it was political hot potato for big money maker for the big box stores and Pharmaceutical companies and power.

Again you’re a moron/sheep. The final count for the state was something 120 to 140 that were mis counted. Do some research that isn’t Fox News. Even newsmax, which is even more far than fox, has said flat out Biden won and the election wasn’t stolenz

Obviously you don’t understand the concept of critical thinking or common sense. Wear your mask and take your ball and go home.

If people would have been given a choice to taking known therapeutics such as HCQ and Ivermectin (safe, efficacious, cheap) at the onset we’d probably have shutting it down quickly. But it was political hot potato for big money maker for the big box stores and Pharmaceutical companies.
HCQ doesn’t work for everyone which is why not a single infectious disease doctor in the entire fvcking world has ever recommended taking it. Remdisivir works but wasn’t approved until late on the process.

Obviously you don’t understand the concept of critical thinking or common sense. Wear your mask and take your ball and go home.
Every one of trumps lawyers when put under oath have said that everything was theater. Even Gulianni said under oath that they had NO PROOF the election was stolen

every doctor around the world dealing with infectious diseases says masks work but you’re right they are all wrong. This is like listening to Scott atlas for all of your medical advice
Ok, keep wearing yours outdoors, when you stand up at a bar and driving alone. We know who the sheep are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT