ADVERTISEMENT

Ross Bjork

Oamj

New or Lurking
Oct 17, 2018
That's who we should really be blaming for the loss of control over this program we've found ourselves in.

With all the talk of a buyout for Jimbo to get another coach -- i just don't believe it. We're talking about $78M! That doesn't include the money we need to pay to clear out our coaching staff and lure away another championship hopeful coach from another program. No, we're starting to witness what it looks like to have your AD and leaders' decisions place fans in football purgatory.

When Scott Woodward lured a NCAA Championship winning coach from the storied program at FSU we were all rejoining and rightfully so. Scott Woodward enticed one of the most highly regarded coaches out of a power house with a staggering $75M contract GUARANTEED. We're now in year 6 of that contract and had we not extended Jimbo's contract we'd be looking at a buyout of $30M. A much more flexible position where we could control the fate of our beloved football program if the Jimbo project took a turn.

Out goes Scott Woodward to LSU and in comes Ross Bjork who in his first full year as AD sees Jimbo achieve the first top 5 finish. And with all of that momentum and ideal positioning to control the fate of our program what does our AD and athletic leaders do? They all caved to the fear of losing our golden goose -- who still had not had a 10 win season -- to LSU and offered him an unreal contract extension. I don't blame Jimbo, I would have taken a guaranteed contract of $95M in a heartbeat if anyone was willing to offer me that. Who wouldn't!?

Jimbo with an almost unlimited budget to hire coaches and recruit players has been building this program to the best of his abilities. At the least, he's upgraded our talent pool with one of the best rosters in college football. Whether he becomes the coach we all hoped for or not, this disaster we all find ourselves in is not by his doing. No, the ultimate blame rests on Ross Bjork and our $$$ leaders. They committed so much capital on a single "goose" that we're now stuck in potentially multiple years of losing control of our football program.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News