ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting RJ Cooper commitment update

courtneyfaye

Staff
Apr 23, 2008
Arlington Martin four-star defensive end Ernest Cooper will make a commitment on Monday. He said he is not sure what time he will make the announcement but it will for sure be Monday. He is selecting between Stanford and Texas A&M.

In talking with some of our Rivals national analyst and then also talking with Cooper himself Stanford appears to be the favorite.

questions I asked:
What time will you be making the decision tomorrow?

When did you know which school you would be committing to? Was there a specific circumstance or thing that happened to push them over the edge?

Pros and cons to Stanford?

Pros and cons to Texas A&M?

RJ Cooper’s response:
What time will you be making the decision tomorrow?// sorry I don’t have a time, I just know it’ll be tomorrow

When did you know which school you would be committing to? Was there a specific circumstance or thing that happened to push them over the edge?// No, it was a very difficult decision and it took me nearly a month after my official visits till I decided what school would be best for me and my future.

Pros and cons to Stanford?
//Education and my major in herpetology, plus a high level of competition in college football . Cons really are the presence of people and there are bigger football playing school out there.

Pros and cons to Texas A&M?
Texas A&M has an amazing football culture, but I don’t myself growing outside of football

My thoughts:
Cooper is a great young man on and off the field, but it is looking like things changed and A&M shifted course and are after other guys and Stanford pushed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News