ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals camp notes

Mark Passwaters

Staff
Dec 4, 2003
I'm at Coppell High School today for the Dallas camp, and we're about halfway through. The weather cut down on the numbers, but the offensive line class was outstanding.

A&M commit Jonte Newman was here and he had a really, really good day. He played tackle, guard and center and I thought he was just as good at tackle as guard. Quick feet and stoned nearly everyone he went up against. Adam Cushing would be pleased. He's going to official at A&M in early June, but Texas is still involved with him and he'll official there, TCU and USC.

2026 OL Felix Ojo out of Mansfield Lake Ridge had a solid showing. He went down to A&M two weekends ago and he really likes Cushing and thinks he's a really nice guy. He's going to A&M again, likely this summer. He's got an A&M offer.

2026 OL John Turntine of Fort Worth North Crowley just got an A&M offer and he certainly looked deserving. He's really long at a legit 6'5" and does a good job getting his hands on guys and keeping them at a distance. He had LSU gloves on, but if I'm A&M I'm putting in the effort with him.

The stud of the day was defensive end Jahkeem Stewart out of New Orleans St. Augustine. He's the #1 player in the 2026 class and he's just an absolute freak of nature. He looks like Jason Taylor already. But he didn't act arrogant or entitled or anything. He actually was the hardest worker, winning virtually every rep but leaving with two bloody knees, an aching wrist and a completely destroyed jersey. You have to respect a guy who comes out when he doesn't have to and outworks guys fighting for offers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News