ADVERTISEMENT

Longneck 80

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2002
Lago Vista
I still don't get it, where is the real value? With the FTX bankruptcy is it possible that is was just past market price trajectory without any clear future value proposition?
So, in a few sentences, can anyone make me understand where bitcoin and cryptos derive it's value? Pretend I'm a 5 year old...

No, nobody can explain to you a complicated explanation based upon a understanding of economics in a couple of sentences but I’ll try in a couple of words, “supply and demand”.

I get economics fine, your answer is worthless. The same can be said of meme stocks. If you don't know just say you don't know.

I’d like to invest in apple but can you tell me in a couple sentences how a iPhone actually works?

No, but I can do a fair job explaining where the value of Apple stock comes from. I've never had anyone be able to explain to me where the value of crypto currencies come from.

I'm not saying there isn't a value proposition, I just don't know what it is. When I ask, I get blank looks and responses that sound like yours.

Maybe I don't understand why people want it. Is there anything beyond speculative value?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News