ADVERTISEMENT

Ready for May to Be Over

tsip despiser

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2004
So, normally I don't and won't post things like this here, but this site really gives me and has given me an outlet to talk all things Aggie, convey the goofiness that my family stopped appreciating long ago, etc. AY is a bit of a family, albeit HIGHLY dysfunctional, to me.

My mom, who moved to College Station with my dad back in 1954. My dad (Class of '59) had served in Korea and then took his GI bill and came to Texas to go to A&M. They were from Iowa originally. My mom did not go to school, but was an Aggie and bled maroon as much as anyone I've ever known. Up until the day that she found out the time was near, she made a point to tell a Dr. who mentioned his daughter at A&M that we were all Aggies. That lit up her like nothing else.

She passed 10 days ago at the age of 93 from lung cancer. We had just moved her back to Texas (along w/my dad) so she'd be at a lower altitude and that might give her some more time. It didn't. She was awesome. I got lucky. Real lucky.

So today, my dog who I mentioned along with Ol' Hank the other day, Bella the near 13 yr old Golden Retriever began breathing in a labored way. So in between Teams meeting I literally grabbed her (85 lbs) and carried her to my truck and went to the vet. X-Rays showed she most likely had lung cancer. She also had severe arthritis/hip dysplasia. Pulse Ox was 70. So I called my wife who had that bond with Bella to drop everything and drive over. We put her down about an hour ago. It was her time.

I just now did a meeting with a top executive at Marathon Refining. Went great, but I was in a fog.

I miss my mom and I'm gonna miss my dog. I'll pull on the boots tomorrow morning and push on. Here's to AY. Keep making me laugh and I'll try to do the same.

I'm thinking of you Cheeky 😝 👇

giphy.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News