ADVERTISEMENT

Qanon

Qanon believers are a growing sect that stems from society’s increasing paranoia about weird shit.

Even if you don’t believe in Qanon there are more and more people that willfully believe random stuff like the government is out to get us and is keeping ammo away from the public. Or people hoarding ammo waiting for civil war or zombies or whatever.

Paranoia is the new cool way to live.

One day I’ll be the weird one because I’m living life with the same level of fear that I had in the 1990s.

How much of that is due to the lack of reliable sources of news? If the news and the govt lie to you on a daily basis, its not totally unreasonable to be a little paranoid. and the paranoia is not unique to either side of the political spectrum.

Reactions: random88
There are far far too many that buy into the cuckoo for cocoa puff conspiracy notions put out there by Q. But then again there are also far too many on the left that gobble up critical race theory and that’s just as scary and untethered from reality, IMO

Let’s try to leave Trump out of it so it won’t get zapped, but I’m curious where this movement goes next. Do we have any Q believers who are willing to admit it?
There is another thread on it and Yes we do. Probably a few more than are willing to admit it

I am Head Bison of the local Frisco Qanon Club. We are having a 5k in March if any of you good Ags would like to run in it and support what I assume is a relatively good cause.
They have Grand Poobah's, not Head Bison's.

Wait.

Riot-Capitol-Building-Congress-Holds-Joint-Session-To-Ratify-2020-Presidential-Election-14.jpg

Nevermind. I cannot tell the difference between Antifa and the Capitoleers. None look like they want to hold a job and work. Except the guy on the right who wore his work credentials, lol. And the Grand Poobah in the middle won't eat in jail because his mommy says he gets sick if he doesn't eat vegan. Isn't that the definition of a snowflake?

Shouldn’t there be distinction between your regular old conspiracy theorist and QAnon? My MIL is a crazy conspiracy theorist but probably has no idea what QAnon is

Are there really any sane democrats? They vote as a block. Can we name one Democrat who's less scary than Qanan. I would say Manchin...maybe

Are AOC and jeffmc the logical ones now??😄

Reactions: oldag1980
I had a wacko ex FIL who thought black army helicopters would be used to capture Americans for UN slave labor camps. There are some real wackos out there.

Qanon believers are a growing sect that stems from society’s increasing paranoia about weird shit.

Even if you don’t believe in Qanon there are more and more people that willfully believe random stuff like the government is out to get us and is keeping ammo away from the public. Or people hoarding ammo waiting for civil war or zombies or whatever.

Paranoia is the new cool way to live.

One day I’ll be the weird one because I’m living life with the same level of fear that I had in the 1990s.
I’ve been saying for a couple years the normalization of crazy ass conspiracy theories is really dangerous.

Mostly I just get people here telling me I’m crazy though. But it’s what lead to storming our Capitol and lots of people here, college educated, not having a problem with it. People saying it’s public property so of course people could break into windows and kill cops to get in.

What’s interesting here is watching people group all dems into some group while saying not all republicans are Q. And not seeing the hypocrisy in that.

Last edited:
This is Q.

QAnon managed to successfully unite large swathes of the conspiracy web—pro-Trump imperial cultists, Christian fundamentalists, amateur race theorists, fascists, hardcore anti-Semites, gullible suburbanites, moon landing truthers, coal rolling neo-Confederate dirtbags, anti-vax quacks, you name it—under one big tent: that Donald J. Trump is a brilliant strategist, possibly anointed by God, fighting an Underworld-style secret war against a child-raping cabal of Democratic politicians and Hollywood celebrities. The theory was based on an unknown individual or individuals using the moniker “Q”, supposedly a high-ranking national security or military official, who posted riddle-like missives to fringe internet boards that were just vague enough for adherents to cook up and debate their own interpretations. Thus essentially gamified in nature, it spread wildly on social networks including Facebook and Twitter, rewarded promoters with monetization opportunities, inspired numerous crimes and other acts of violence, and motivated many in the crowd that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 in a failed insurrection.

This is Q.

QAnon managed to successfully unite large swathes of the conspiracy web—pro-Trump imperial cultists, Christian fundamentalists, amateur race theorists, fascists, hardcore anti-Semites, gullible suburbanites, moon landing truthers, coal rolling neo-Confederate dirtbags, anti-vax quacks, you name it—under one big tent: that Donald J. Trump is a brilliant strategist, possibly anointed by God, fighting an Underworld-style secret war against a child-raping cabal of Democratic politicians and Hollywood celebrities. The theory was based on an unknown individual or individuals using the moniker “Q”, supposedly a high-ranking national security or military official, who posted riddle-like missives to fringe internet boards that were just vague enough for adherents to cook up and debate their own interpretations. Thus essentially gamified in nature, it spread wildly on social networks including Facebook and Twitter, rewarded promoters with monetization opportunities, inspired numerous crimes and other acts of violence, and motivated many in the crowd that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 in a failed insurrection.
And BLM being founded as a Marxist organization got nothing. Same time ANTIFA tore down the country for years with anarchist motives, actions and eventual outcomes and you of all people said nothing even critical of them. You find a small group of ineffective cast away weirdos and have to showcase them as if they are some threat.
The violence and hatred you seem to ignore from the democrats and absolute condemnation of anything objective of conservatives is typical of you and your party. It’s blatant ignorant and should be embarrassing if you had any dignity

And BLM being founded as a Marxist organization got nothing. Same time ANTIFA tore down the country for years with anarchist motives, actions and eventual outcomes and you of all people said nothing even critical of them. You find a small group of ineffective cast away weirdos and have to showcase them as if they are some threat.
The violence and hatred you seem to ignore from the democrats and absolute condemnation of anything objective of conservatives is typical of you and your party. It’s blatant ignorant and should be embarrassing if you had any dignity
Lol. Okay cool. Gig em.

Why are you condoning Q?

You find a small group of ineffective cast away weirdos and have to showcase them as if they are some threat.

You already forgot who violently breached the Capitol Building to halt the constitutional duty of Congress.

Epstein has been around a long time. Pizzagate was around the time all of the weird pictures popped up of Hillary doing some creepy blood ritual thing. Then you had the pictures from the Podesta house. Nuts are going to go nuts. Just ask James Thomas Hodgkinson.

But what is Q? is there some facebook page you could join or super secret newsletter where you get all the Q info and secret plans? Or do you just call a bureaucrat a pedo and you're part of it?

And how was that Q being pinned on Trump and republicans?

Weird times we live in, the age of reason is dying.
There are plenty of places you can read the whole Q story but to summarize, these people believe that there is a secret cabal of satan worshipping politicians, bankers, and Hollywood elite that are all pedophiles who traffic and drink the blood of children and President Trump was fighting to bring down the system. Q is thought to be a military intelligence operative that tells his followers the behind the scenes info on how Trump is doing all of this. It would all be funny except we have a growing number of people including sitting members of Congress who buy into this. Qanon isn’t Trump’s fault although much like the Proud Boys stuff, he doesn’t do himself any favors by retweeting their stuff and pretending to not know who they are rather than just denouncing them and moving on.

Reactions: jeffmc and CSAg03
I find it cute that so many continue to describe the events on January 6th as a failed insurrection or failed coup attempt.

A group of nutjobs breached the Capitol security and essentially took over the building for a relatively short period of time. They were a small percentage of the overall crowd that was in the central part of D.C. that day.

If the masses had intentions of a coup attempt that day, everyone in Congress would have been taken. And there would have been nothing that could have prevented it.

You already forgot who violently breached the Capitol Building to halt the constitutional duty of Congress.
No. I’m not fixated on a small group of wackos that had about a 5 hour spotlight. BLM amd antifa had an entire summer and were egged on by democrat politicians and crickets from your side. It’s stupid. Domestic terrorist burned this nation for a year and not one dissenting note from any democrat. In fact the democrats set up funds to bail them out of jail and provided them with lawyers. Those organizations are just as culpable at being enemies of this state as these little boogeymen you are showing feigned outrage over. It’s stupid but typical of your side and you simply can’t fathom your hypocrisy. It’s typical but you seem to be oblivious to it all

What would you call it?
What would you call the the attack on Seattle and Portland? I would call it a protest and riot like they did in other cities. What would you call the event when 5 officers were killed during a BLM’s event in Dallas? If you can’t see the media pushing an agenda then you don’t want to see the truth.

I find it cute that so many continue to describe the events on January 6th as a failed insurrection or failed coup attempt.

A group of nutjobs breached the Capitol security and essentially took over the building for a relatively short period of time. They were a small percentage of the overall crowd that was in the central part of D.C. that day.

If the masses had intentions of a coup attempt that day, everyone in Congress would have been taken. And there would have been nothing that could have prevented it.
Why are you condoning what they did?

Why are you condoning what they did?
No one is condoning it but we are not falling for the media BS. Are you condoning all the deaths at the riots and protests in 2020? Are you condoning the takeover of downtown Seattle and the deaths that happened during that? Are you condoning the deaths that have happened during the riots in Portland? Do you condone the killing of the officers during the BLM protest in Dallas. Quit being over dramatic.

Reactions: darterbury
What would you call the the attack on Seattle and Portland? I would call it a protest and riot like they did in other cities. What would you call the event when 5 officers were killed during a BLM’s event in Dallas? If you can’t see the media pushing an agenda then you don’t want to see the truth.
The inability to appreciate two different things can be wrong continues to fascinate me.

Interesting but not surprising certain people trying hard to play down the insurrection of the nation’s Capitol as tiny group of weirdos that don’t represent Republicans but Antifa is the central hub of the dem party.

so dumb but predictable

Reactions: jeffmc and bcg_2006
Interesting but not surprising certain people trying hard to play down the insurrection of the nation’s Capitol as tiny group of weirdos that don’t represent Republicans but Antifa is the central hub of the dem party.

so dumb but predictable
Not at all what I said but typical that’s how you read it. I thought antifa was an idea

Not at all what I said but typical that’s how you read it. I thought antifa was an idea
"No. I’m not fixated on a small group of wackos that had about a 5 hour spotlight. "

Referring to the violence and takeover of the Capitol only as "a 5 hour spotlight" is nothing short of being an apologist of the worst kind.

I know you wish that spotlight was on Antifa or BLM instead, but you need to get over it.

"No. I’m not fixated on a small group of wackos that had about a 5 hour spotlight. "

Referring to the violence and takeover of the Capitol only as "a 5 hour spotlight" is nothing short of being an apologist of the worst kind.

I know you wish that spotlight was on Antifa or BLM instead, but you need to get over it.
I think you need to understand the definition of being over it. I am. You obviously aren’t

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT