ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer request. Update...Jan 19th

HouTxAg

Known Member
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
My 9 year old daughter is going in for a biopsy on a mass in her foot this Thursday. Early MRI indication is that it could be serious. She needs all the prayers available so I'm reaching out to the best network I know. Please keep her in your thoughts this week.

Tuesday night update. Settled in our hotel and All set for bone scan, chest CT and blood work tomorrow. Biopsy on Thursday. Praying nothing has spread out of the foot to somewhere else. So many emotions right now on all the what ifs. Kicking myself for not getting her in sooner. Should know something preliminary after biopsy but firm answer won't come for a week or so.

Moving to Texas Children's in Houston for treatment if necessary. Already have appointment with them next week.

Her name is Dylan and she's the sweetest thing you would ever come across!! Thanks for all the prayers....keep them coming!!

Wednesday night update. Successful day in that all scans show that nothing has spread from the foot. Still won't know what the mass is until after biopsy tomorrow. Still some really challenging outcomes possible but more treatable than if it had spread. Thanks again for all the prayers. Keep them coming!!

Thursday night update. Kick in the gut.
Yesterday we got the news we wanted. Actually the most important news of the week. Dylan has very high odds of living a long life. The downside is that it will probably take major treatment and surgery to get there. The next year is going to suck for her. A lot to ask of a 9 year old. But she is a strong soul, both physically and emotionally. I've been told children are strong creatures....more so than parents. I'm hoping that advice is true. Your prayers are appreciated and welcomed. Keep them coming.

Friday Night Update
. Kids are strong. had the "cancer"conversation with Dylan today. And all I can say is that she is ready for this fight. While not happy about it, obviously. She is ready to win. We are home and she is back in her safe place. Texas children's on Wednesday to get second opinion and begin the road to recovery. Thank you all for kind and supportive words. We do have a caring bridge site up. Just search Dylan Probe.

Texas Childres, here we come. still don't have a definitive diagnosis ....waiting on pathology results from the biopsy, but we are meeting with Texas Children's Hosoital tomorrow at 9am to begin exploring the treatment plan. Dylan is strong....her new motto is "let's do this, let's kick cancers ass". Quite spunky for a 9 year old girl. I'll update again with results of tomorrow. Continuing to ask for thoughts and prayers. My baby is in for a fight and she will need all the help she can get.

We have a plan. Had our appointment at TCH today and I was more than impressed. Definitely not like your normal hospital. Very professional, but also energetic, welcoming and all around a place Dylan felt comfortable. Barring any surprise, we are down to diagnosis being one of two types of bone cancer. Both of which have similar treatment regimes. Best news is that the doctors are confident in a total cure.

We are in for a few more tests on Monday, then Dylan will go to her last day of the 4th grade on Tuesday. Wednesday we begin chemotherapy for the next 9-12 months with a possible surgery somewhere in between. She will be home schooled for the remainder of 4th grade....good luck to my wife. : ) Thanks to you all for all the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes......not only do I believe God answered them, but it helped me cope over the last 10 days. We will probably be updating mostly through the Caringbridge.com page from here forward but I will check in here with updates once in awhile. Thanks again Aggie Yell. BTHO LSU.

Go time!! We start our battle tomorrow. 9-12 months of chemo with a major surgery in the middle. Dylan is strong, tough and ready to beat this. Her chosen motto.....Lets do this! Thanks again for all your prayers. I'll never be able to repay, but know that I'll never forget what y'all have done for my baby!!

Tuesday Dec 6th......Round one, Dylan! Round one of the fight and Dylan kicked ass. First night she got sick a few times but nothing major. Second night she slept through the entire chemo treatment. Did get sick once the following day but that's it. She's tough...although I do see the magnitude of everything starting to hit her. She is beginning to realize that most of 2017 will pretty much suck. Our nurse gave her discharge orders and in them was no school and no birthday parties. Sounds minor but those two things are a 9 year old girls world! Next round a 5 night stay for chemo beginning on the 14th. Thanks again for thoughts and prayers.....and just reading this. It's therapeutic for me to write it down.

Saturday Dec 17th.

2nd round of chemo starts tonight. This begins a five night stay in the hospital. Dylan's spirits are high and ready to get it going. Thanks again for all your thoughts prayers and support. Prayers for her to sleep well!!

January 8, 2018.

Dylan's 10th birthday today and she is doing great.......all things considered. Chemo obviously sucks, but her side effects have not been as severe as we anticipated. We are halfway through the first phase of chemo. Three more treatments and then we decide on limb salvage surgery, radiation, or lower leg amputation to remove the tumor. Meeting with the medical team this week to learn more about above options.

Again, can't thank all of you enough for thoughts, payers, and support through the AggieYell fundraiser. We set aside all of the funds raised for the possibility of prosthetic expenses as I have no idea as to what insurance covers in this area. No other words to say, but that y'all are awesome.

Quick January 19 Update - Dylan hasn't been in her school since November, and I can tell she misses it. Well tonight was the annual "Math and Science" night and the doctors gave her the go ahead to attend. She was so excited to be able to go back and see all her friends and teachers in an environment she misses dearly. If only for an hour, there was some normalcy in her world and that may be just as therapeutic as her actual chemotherapy treatments. I'd post a picture, but my illiteracy with technology is shining through.

Gig'em

Chip Probe, '93

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News