ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: What's Your Favorite Resurrection from the Bible?

Don Keyman

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2004
Jesus's resurrection gets all the attention but there were so many...it's not even the coolest one in the bible, IMHO. What about the others? What's your favorite resurrection from the bible?

Elijah's Bones[/B]

21 Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man's body into Elisha's tomb. When the body touched Elisha's bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet (2 Kings 13:21)

*Elijah was known to do some resurrecting but I think it's best to focus on this story where it was just his bones doing to the work.

Lazarus[/B]

41 So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42 I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the [k]people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me." 43 When He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth." 44 The man who had died came forth, bound hand and foot with wrappings, and his face was wrapped around with a cloth. Jesus *said to them, "Unbind him, and let him go."[/I] (John 11:41-44)

*Pretty salty...Jesus's involvement adds a lot to it but the overall story line doesn't do much for me. I expected Lazarus to have some powers or something.

The Saints[/B]

And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many. (Matthew 27:50-53)

*This one is my personal favorite. How dramatic that must have been to all the pre-existing people in the city!

Peter's Touch[/B]

Peter sent them all out of the room; then he got down on his knees and prayed. Turning toward the dead woman, he said, "Tabitha, get up." She opened her eyes, and seeing Peter she sat up. He took her by the hand and helped her to her feet. Then he called for the believers, especially the widows, and presented her to them alive. (Acts 9:40-41)

*meh

Paul Gets In On It[/B]

Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead. 10 Paul went down, threw himself on the young man and put his arms around him. "Don't be alarmed," he said. "He's alive!" [/I](Acts 20:9-10)

*double meh...sounds more like a resuscitation.

Jesus

See The Gospels
[/I]
*Hard to argue with this one for it's overall impact.

This post was edited on 3/25 2:27 PM by Don Keyman

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.