ADVERTISEMENT

Observations

gthigpen

Known Member
Gold Member
Feb 17, 2006
1. Carson ran well. Showed better vision. Good cutbacks, etc.
2. Receivers: Kirk is always open. Guy must run great routes. Reynolds is really good, but seems to do his thing "quietly". He's actually underrated. Noil is ready to breakout.
3. Allen could be really good if he had great protection around him. But he is not great when flushed out of pocket. Pretty much the anti-Johnny.
4. Seems like we have two Guards playing Tackle. I know Avery is getting decent reviews at LT, but he is still a step down from what we have had, and GI is struggling. For all the hate on Stuckey and Matthews, I think our biggest issue is on the edges.
5. As good as our Front Four are playing, it is dumbfounding how/why we give up so many long running plays right up the gut. Yeah, yeah, gap control, etc. It has to be lacking in our LB play. We are missing a Dat Nguyen type linebacker with a simple nose for the ball. (But love all the TFL's)
6. Zayco flashed great potential. He got off blocks better than any DLineman.
7. Seeing a #31 making good open field tackles messes with my brain. Its like a mirage.
8. Props to Bertolet. Perfect on the year so far. Wasn't sure he had it in him. Hope he can keep it up.

9. Just thinking what if we could recruit another "Kirk" and "Mack" in this year's class. As good as those guys are going to be as Sophomores, what if we had two more like them coming in that could do in their freshman year what those two are doing this year. You add two guys next year that have as big an impact as these two are having, and we will have something really special.

10. It was hot as hell Saturday. I was there with my two teenage daughters and one of their friends. They screamed louder and stood more than anybody in our section (North end zone). At the end of the third quarter my sunburned youngest looked at me and said, "Daddy, I need to get out of the sun." Those three were spent, and looked like they were about to pass out. So we were four of those vacated seats in the fourth quarter, and don't feel bad about it at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News