ADVERTISEMENT

NRA going down!

Apparently they spent too much money on trips, salaries, etc. I was watching the news and the NY district attorney was rattling off amounts that they spent on different things. Political bone to pick I’m assuming.

Reactions: TXAggie93
The podcast Gangster Capitalism did a season on the NRA.

I'm sure the producers have their own political motives, but it sure sounded like a mess of an organization.

Reactions: bioaggie
My question from a non lawyer is, why file a lawsuit to dissolve an organization? If they have done something illegal shouldn't charges be filed?

Regardless, you know this is political in nature, and I think it's a bad move on their part.....gun ownership has sky rocketed this year, not really the time to go after NRA while also working to defund the police.

They have done nothing that any other charitable org of that size does now. Check the Breast Cancer Awareness or the Clinton Foundation and they have done the same.

Either go after all of them or it's political. We know what this is

This would end up having the opposite affect of what they think this will do.

Reactions: BDB99
Y’all do know the government never wastes any money. <sarcasm>

Reactions: catorano
likely just energizing anti-gun Dems, for fundraising and voter turnout..
I predict the next story will be some type of immigration topic, esp. likely how the wall is actually killing people who struggle to plod through one desert only to find the next desert is closed until further notice

Reactions: cvernor and gooch82
She is going to end up costing the state of NY a whole bunch of mine for nothing. From today's WSJ:
The FBI’s most recent gun-sale figures are stunning. They show that in July the bureau carried out 3.6 million background checks, the third highest month on record. Adjusting to reflect checks only for gun purchases, the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) says this translates to 1.8 million gun sales for July 2020—a 122% increase over July 2019. The 12,141,032 gun sales through this July is just shy of the 13,199,172 sales for all of 2019.

She is going to end up costing the state of NY a whole bunch of mine for nothing. From today's WSJ:
The FBI’s most recent gun-sale figures are stunning. They show that in July the bureau carried out 3.6 million background checks, the third highest month on record. Adjusting to reflect checks only for gun purchases, the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) says this translates to 1.8 million gun sales for July 2020—a 122% increase over July 2019. The 12,141,032 gun sales through this July is just shy of the 13,199,172 sales for all of 2019.
Just going to be a lot more work for Beto going door to door!

While I was watching it, I was thinking that everything they were describing could have been said about the Clinton Foundation. Except it was a full on charity.

To be fair, if I was a contributor to NRA, I’d be asking some questions about their spending if any of that proves to be true.

Reactions: oldag1980
While I was watching it, I was thinking that everything they were describing could have been said about the Clinton Foundation. Except it was a full on charity.

To be fair, if I was a contributor to NRA, I’d be asking some questions about their spending if any of that proves to be true.
This. I was thinking the same thing. This is not a party that is confident in their leader (Joe Biden) and ready to do battle. Every move they have made is a move in weakness. They see the landslide coming but their media keep pumping the sunshine. What a glorious time to be alive and understand your political enemies are feeble old racist that are so fighting against themselves they have no capacity to defeat a coherent message. The polls are crap and the establishment knows it. Otherwise they would be acting completely differently and Biden would be on a box or Wheaties. It ain’t happening and the antifa BLM jerk offs are driving people to trump.

It always amazing me the timing of things during an election year.
Shit happens all the time. You just notice the ones you think hurts your political point (which this doesn’t) during election years. It’s confirmation bias.

I have been looking for the answers to my questions. Ever since the battle with Col. Oliver North. Seems to be an awful lot of smoke. Maybe the politics of the lawsuit is just playing off of those circumstances? I am also looking into Gun Owners of America as a possible lobbyist alternative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT