ADVERTISEMENT

NFR - Pex Tube Flaws/Class Action Lawsuit

JackDaddyDallas

Known Member
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2014
I wanted to share some info that might help a fellow Ag:

We just had our 5th, 6th and 7th plumbing leak under our slab in Dallas. We custom built in 2012. First two leaks were in 2020. Having tunnel dug tomorrow to get to 7th. Have a 7 foot tunnel under kitchen right now from the two leaks there 2 weeks ago. Within minutes of fixing those two the last leak sprung.

Getting entire house repiped in 10 days and that will end this nightmare. And then have to move out in jan for month while replace all the ruined hardwood floors.

here is my public service announcement: did some internet searching to see if we were just cursed. Found out that Nibco, one of 16 makers of Pex, had settled a class action suit for their 1006 model Pex. I‘LL be damned if that wasn’t what I had. Most of this crap was used in DR Horton homes in the Hill Country.

I had no clue as to the class action until last week. It’s too late to recover for my leaks in 2020-22. But these last 3 are within the 150 day period. And they will cover around 20% of the repipe, plus my damages from the leaks. Or some percentage of them.

There have been well over over ten-thousand homes built in Texas alone with this stuff.

So if you are having multiple Pex fail, google about the class action and hopefully you’ll get some relief. Some money toward a repipe and I would think, coverage for your deductible. That’s my hope at least. Haven’t gotten final word from our insurance on this latest leak (first time our damage has been greater the deductible so first time have filed. In fact first time ever filing on home insurance in 30 years) and I just filed the class action claim today.

happy to share more as I learn it and happy to share the name of the repipe company. Will see how they do but the rep that came to house was incredible.

and I said its been a nightmare- but its all relative, as I think back to some of the hardships (sickness, death) that folks on this site have shared. This is nothing compared to that.

gigem

and yes, I did cancel my sub when news broke on stoops. I have until December 10th before my membership shuts off!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News