ADVERTISEMENT

Moving on…

Aggiesandastros

Gold Member
Dec 21, 2004
to South Carolina. This is the ultimate trap game for any program.

Coming off one of the biggest wins this program has seen in decades. There’s always that tendency to come out a little flat the next week against a supposed lesser opponent. Happens all the time to just about every team at some point.

This one is gonna be hyped up, though. Night game in Columbia against our old cross conference rival. Plus, once again, everyone will be watching. Gonna have a lot of eyes on that game as people root for the Aggies to lay a turd on the road. We’re the hunted now and that’s not a place we’ve dealt with well in the past.

This program under Elko feels a bit different, though. Just a different mindset altogether. A physically and mentally tough unit across the board.

I have no doubt that our defense will travel. Plus, the cawks are not very good at all on the offensive side of the ball. Damn near awful.

Their defense, however, is very good. Exceptional speed off the edges, aggressive downhill linebackers, and unlike LSU they’ll be disciplined in their assignments. When they make a play that place will be rocking and it’ll be up to the Aggie offense to shut them the fvck up.

I’m saying they’ll go with Reed until he proves otherwise. However, that certainly doesn’t mean they’re just gonna run zone-read all night. That only happened because LSU never made any adjustments to it. So, they just kept hitting it, as they should. That’s not gonna be the case against usc. They’ll run the offense and he’ll have his chances to spin it. He’s got the arm talent, he just lacks consistent accuracy. That should come with more experience. I think we’ll need his legs against an attacking defense. I feel like Connor would be a sitting duck back there and possibly freeze up.

I don’t think Elko will let them come out and play soft. He’s smart enough to know this is a trap. I think he’ll have those guys jacked up with some Us-against-the-world type shit. Ags win…BIG.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.