ADVERTISEMENT

Local police talk (Tasing an austistic guy related)

Higher Authority

Gold Member
In our fair town here in Texas, we have what I consider to be a couple rather overzealous young police officers. One in particular is known for hunting down everyone he can find for little piddly shit, and in the process has made quite a few enemies of some of the more upstanding citizens. However, he was mostly protected by the police chief up to this point because in the process of busting asses for no turn signal or 2 mph over the limit, he's also brought in quite a few nickel bags of skunk weed. The police chief thinks that's great apparently.

Well, on Friday night last week, Officer Badass responded to a call around 7pm of someone throwing rocks at a wooden fence and ended up busting this kid's ass bad enough that they took him to the ER. Is this police overreach?
Michael Moore is nineteen years old,a resident of Graham Texas, and autistic. The fact that he is also my Grandson is not relevant to this post. Michael graduated from GHS in May, and - just as has been the case his entire life- a classmate was assigned to Michael to guide him through the ceremony.

The only time Michael participates in any outdoor pursuits without someone directly watching over him is when he plays on his trampoline in his backyard, with his single mother in the house.

That’s what he was doing this past Tuesday, June 26, at 7 pm, when four Officers from the Graham Police Department responded to a complaint of someone throwing rocks against the privacy fence across the alley from Michael’s house.

Because Michel could not keep his eyes focused on the pen one officer was holding in front of him while berating him with questions about what sort of drug he had been using, he was deemed as being non compliant. He was subjected to two applications of a stun gun, wrestled to the ground,and handcuffed.

Throughout the encounter, captured on the Officer’s body cameras, Michael can be heard repeating himself over and over ; “ That’s my house. I live here. My Mama is is in the house. Let me get my Mama.” The video of the encounter quit working just before the “ takedown” but the audio portion continued.

Only after Michael was handcuffed and placed in the cruiser did one of the Officers go around to the front door and inform Michael’s mother that they had him in custody. Upon being told that he was autistic, Michael was released.

Some scratches and broken blood vessels in his right eye are the only visible signs of Michael’s mistreatment. Only God knows the damage done to him emotionally and mentally.

His teachers and Counselors have done all they can to prepare Michael to live in a world he doesn’t understand. In preparation for the day , which almost certainly will come, when he becomes separated from a familiar face, he has been taught to find a policeman.

Four thugs with badges and guns undid all their efforts and condemned Michael to a life indoors, playing video games appropriate to a child one third his age.

Excessive force by Graham PD is not new. It is usually reserved for those who have no voice, like Michael.

Will you lend Michael YOUR voice by sharing this post with your friends ?
()

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News