ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Return To Being An Aggie Forum Rather Than . . .

Cat66

New or Lurking
Aug 27, 2001
I am an infrequent poster, as my total posts indicate, but I am on this site frequently.

I am on the site to gather information and to be more fully informed about my beloved Texas A&M Aggies athletic teams, personnel and coaches. In fact, when I originally signed on to this site, I did it because I wanted to get additional information on the teams, particularly football and basketball, that was not available through other venues.

Over those many years this site has evolved more into a personal opinion exchange rather than a website to be better informed about Aggie football and basketball teams. This is not a knock on those individuals who are responsible for managing this site and providing the information.

It is an indictment on some of the members who seemingly have decided to take over this site and turn it into mostly a forum for political bickering or personally attacking those who have opposite views, opinions and thoughts or a dump ground for sarcasm and mindless dribble.

It is frustrating to me when I have to scroll through countless posts that are not related to information about the football or basketball teams or the other Aggie athletic teams.

I totally understand freedom of speech and that we have our opinions, that we have to vent sometimes, that we have disagreements on specific issues but, when it turns into personal attacks, usually using nasty and vulgar comments, it then, in my opinion, crosses the line.

I was in media for 40 years, including being editor of The Houston Post during its heydays and through the ‘90s before it was sold, so I totally understand the liberties we have under the Constitution.

However, I request and would appreciate it if this site would return to its original intention and theme of being a forum to obtain and discuss Aggie football and basketball teams, its personnel and coaches and to have a point, counterpoint discussion about their good things and those that need improvement, instead of being a dumping ground for sarcasm and personal attacks on coaches, current and former players, recruits and other site members who, in most cases, we have never met or do not even know personally.

Please bring back what I originally signed up for – a forum to obtain useful and important information about A&M athletic teams, especially football and basketball.

Thank you and good luck to my beloved Aggie football team this season and beyond. A national football championship is in our future. Gig ‘em! Whoop!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News