ADVERTISEMENT

LEBRON JAMES AT IT AGAIN

aggiesrt

Gold Member
Sep 11, 2008
Tweets, "You're next" #Accountability.
This is in reference to the cop who shot and killed a 16 year old girl going after another girl with a knife. WTH!?!?

• Wow
Reactions: TAMU_Fan
He's actually a smart businessman and donates money to special causes (I believe he has a school for underprivileged kids). I think he feels the need to speak out because he is a public figure and people look to him for leadership.

Having said that, his tweet had the feel of a set opinion that wasn't interested in the nuances of the facts.

He deleted it and his follow up tweet wasn’t much better.

This is the biggest problem with social media. You give complete dumbshits like Lebron a platform to say ridiculous garbage and it spreads as truth like wildfire.

Its really not a social media problem, although I hate social media in most instances. Its a societal problem or really even a biological problem. The bell curve tells us most folks are only of average intelligence at best. They're generally not capable of understanding complex issues, but when they have a platform to view and echo their own ideas they assume they're right since they are the majority. But in reality they're just the ignorant mass. Social media has just amplified this phenomenon, but its been around forever.

Its really not a social media problem, although I hate social media in most instances. Its a societal problem or really even a biological problem. The bell curve tells us most folks are only of average intelligence at best. They're generally not capable of understanding complex issues, but when they have a platform to view and echo their own ideas they assume they're right since they are the majority. But in reality they're just the ignorant mass. Social media has just amplified this phenomenon, but its been around forever.

Well that's a depressing view that I really can't argue against.

Reactions: FbFan222
My son used to like him - but on the court he says now that Lebron is a Lazy player - wants a foul all the time and doesnt hustle back on defense.

Unfortunatly I saw the video and can't believe just how stupid some people are. After the first girl was attacked some dude in a grey hoodie kicks her in the head after she fell to the ground. And these were a couple of big girls and she went down hard so I am sure that kick to her head after she hit the ground by the guy felt just great. I wonder if he was arrested for that ?

In our local High school a few years back a kid attacked another with a knife but she was not so lucky and died of her knife wound to the neck. I am sure her parents would have been a lot happier had a cop been there to shoot the person that had the knife in their hands. In this case the victims are the one that walked away.

My son used to like him - but on the court he says now that Lebron is a Lazy player - wants a foul all the time and doesnt hustle back on defense.

Unfortunatly I saw the video and can't believe just how stupid some people are. After the first girl was attacked some dude in a grey hoodie kicks her in the head after she fell to the ground. And these were a couple of big girls and she went down hard so I am sure that kick to her head after she hit the ground by the guy felt just great. I wonder if he was arrested for that ?

In our local High school a few years back a kid attacked another with a knife but she was not so lucky and died of her knife wound to the neck. I am sure her parents would have been a lot happier had a cop been there to shoot the person that had the knife in their hands. In this case the victims are the one that walked away.
That same guy is seen yelling at the cop later "she is just a kid". It's a tragedy all around, but how that guy thinks its ok to kick that girl in the head is beyond me. No chance he was arrested IMO.

He's actually a smart businessman and donates money to special causes (I believe he has a school for underprivileged kids). I think he feels the need to speak out because he is a public figure and people look to him for leadership.

Having said that, his tweet had the feel of a set opinion that wasn't interested in the nuances of the facts.
He's smart enough to hire good business people. I don't know that he's necessarily too far along the bell curve on his own. He's made a number of dumb/embarrassing gaffs in the last few years.

-yesterday's tweet
-criticizing Daryl Morey's tweet as "misinformed". This is a guy with a high school education criticizing a MIT grad with multiple master's degrees about not being educated enough on the topic.
-his continued silence with regards to China's politics/human rights abuses and Nike's use of child labor in China.
-the "graffiti" on his house that the police were never able find evidence of a crime.

He's likely one of the best basketball players ever. But Jordan has made a ton more money outside of basketball and I would definitely call him a smart businessman. James? He's pissed off a very large segment of the population as the viewership for his product declines rapidly.

As MJ said, "Republicans buy sneakers too"

He deleted it and his follow up tweet wasn’t much better.

This is the biggest problem with social media. You give complete dumbshits like Lebron a platform to say ridiculous garbage and it spreads as truth like wildfire.
This. You gotta love it when super rich elitest individuals who are ignorant of facts make sweeping announcements. What a complete fool Lebron is. He is spreading hatred across this country.

Man so true across all conversation topics

Reactions: boone8466
Let me know when the NBA gives LaBron a lifetime ban, so I can start watching the NBA again.
Won’t happen. I have not seen a NBA game in 25 years. I don’t expect to see one before I die. What if a white guy had said something like this? Think he would be gone or his house burned? lebrom is a coward among other things for taking the tweet down.

Last edited:
They still have slavery in China.
Let's also ignore the genocide currently going on with the Uiguirs, the rounding up of Muslims, Christians, and Jewish religions and either putting them in re-education camps at best or straight-up murdering them when they won't worship the state.

Sure, we've done some ****ed up stuff here, but we've also tried to make it right and acknowledge our mistakes, yet China, his biggest benefactor is slaughtering millions.

I saw the video. Looks like a (white) cop saved the life of an African American female who was about to be stabbed by an African American female wielding a knife.

One of the two ladies was going to get hurt / die. And everyone is mad at the cop because he saved the correct (innocent?) life?

We are through the looking glass.

This is true but that still makes social media a problem. Before, dumb people did not have instant access to worldwide consumption of their thoughts. Now that they do, it affects our culture negatively. Most people take the opinions of their favorite celebrity seriously and idiocy expands exponentially.

5312df06707754269c2cbd5c597ce84d.jpg

I saw the video. Looks like a (white) cop saved the life of an African American female who was about to be stabbed by an African American female wielding a knife.

One of the two ladies was going to get hurt / die. And everyone is mad at the cop because he saved the correct (innocent?) life?

Most media reported ”white cop kills black teen”. They are feeding the lie.

Disappointed in Richard. You sound like you approve

Won’t happen. I have not seen a NBA game in 25 years. I don’t expect to see one before I die. What if a white guy had said something like this? Think he would be gone or his house burned? lebrom is a coward among other things for taking the tweet down.
Yes I know. Was more tongue in cheek. My NBA watching has been done for a year. Don’t expect to be restarting anytime soon, probably never.

Or worse yet he fires 2 seconds later and 2 life’s are gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT