ADVERTISEMENT

Kendrick Rogers

He's got a confidence issue, so it seems, and I bet he's in the dumps with his play and injuries. Coaches need to find a way to get the best out of these kids. Let's get him some predetermined routes and touches to change that. If he cant handle the load from there, move in.

He's got a confidence issue, so it seems, and I bet he's in the dumps with his play and injuries. Coaches need to find a way to get the best out of these kids. Let's get him some predetermined routes and touches to change that. If he cant handle the load from there, move in.
I expect the coaches to "find a way to get the best out of these kids..." in the offseason. During the season, if you don't perform, then you don't play. Kendrick Rogers needs to not play so that someone else can have the opportunity that he is currently wasting. He has had 6 games to "figure it out." Should have been given 2 games and then benched. I'd rather see Dylan Wright or another TF out there developing and making mistakes than wasting time with this guy anymore. KR should already be a developed go to weapon. He isn't. Time to move on.

What are we going to say in 2021 when Wright/Jackson run some bonehead route or can't focus enough to catch a ball? Well, we decided to give those early developmental reps to Kendrick Rogers, even after he has clearly shown that he doesn't have it in 2019. The guy got a fair chance. He's been given 6 games to get it together. It's time for another body. Just let A. Smith start in his place for the rest of the year. Rogers can come off the bench.

Last edited:
Here's the truth: He should be a career backup. For all we've hyped up this receiving corps, I think that's the case with most of them.

Ausbon would start on most teams not named Bama. He's consistent, but he's not a game changing playmaker. I think Anais Smith is, at worst, the second best receiver on the roster - and I don't think it's close. I don't understand why we are not featuring him more.

I also don't think there's any question that next year, Ausbon, Smith, and Demas will be the guys. Does anyone doubt that Demas would be starting right now if he were eligible?

Here's the truth: He should be a career backup. For all we've hyped up this receiving corps, I think that's the case with most of them.

Ausbon would start on most teams not named Bama. He's consistent, but he's not a game changing playmaker. I think Anais Smith is, at worst, the second best receiver on the roster - and I don't think it's close. I don't understand why we are not featuring him more.

I also don't think there's any question that next year, Ausbon, Smith, and Demas will be the guys. Does anyone doubt that Demas would be starting right now if he were eligible?
I think people really underrate Q Davis. He is better then this board gives him credit for.

He had 81 yards against Bama. Not a world beater, but a pretty good starter.

I think people really underrate Q Davis. He is better then this board gives him credit for.

I agree. I thought about him as soon as I hit the post button. He can be a little inconsistent, but he's solid.

Reactions: texasguyto

I think Demas would certainly be in the mix, but the WR room right now is an enigma to me. There is so much talent in there, but only Ausbon/Davis/Smith are setting themselves apart right now. Maybe there isn't as much talent in there as what we thought. Maybe some of these guys were overrated coming out of high school. Maybe there is some concern with Craig? I don't know what it is, but I think all questions are fair to ask at this point. I expect probably 2-3 transfers out of that room in the off-season.

I think Demas would certainly be in the mix, but the WR room right now is an enigma to me. There is so much talent in there, but only Ausbon/Davis/Smith are setting themselves apart right now. Maybe there isn't as much talent in there as what we thought. Maybe some of these guys were overrated coming out of high school. Maybe there is some concern with Craig? I don't know what it is. But I think all questions are fair to ask at this point.
I think for some reason Jimbo just doesn't shuffle receivers in and out. The 3-4 starters seem to play almost every snap. Don't know if that is by design or he has no confidence in anyone else.

I think Demas would certainly be in the mix, but the WR room right now is an enigma to me. There is so much talent in there, but only Ausbon/Davis/Smith are setting themselves apart right now. Maybe there isn't as much talent in there as what we thought. Maybe some of these guys were overrated coming out of high school. Maybe there is some concern with Craig? I don't know what it is. But I think all questions are fair to ask at this point.
I think they're overhyped a little bit. There'd be more production in a wide open offense, but for the most part, they're not on the same level as the top receivers in the country from an athletic standpoint. Just look at Bama, Clemson, and OU for absolute game changers.

I think for some reason Jimbo just doesn't shuffle receivers in and out. The 3-4 starters seem to play almost every snap. Don't know if that is by design or he has no confidence in anyone else.
I think it's fair to be critical of that. There is no reason why A. Smith shouldn't be more involved in the game plan. And, to me, no reason KR continues to be a starter. Two things jump out immediately and I am not an expert coach at all.

I think they're overhyped a little bit. There'd be more production in a wide open offense, but for the most part, they're not on the same level as the top receivers in the country from an athletic standpoint. Just look at Bama, Clemson, and OU for absolute game changers.
It's something else. CeeDee Lamb could have come here and he almost did, but do you think for a second that he would be the same player here? I don't.

That guy is a stud. OU has developed him nicely. We have a bunch of backups.

It's something else. CeeDee Lamb could have come here and he almost did, but do you think for a second that he would be the same player here? I don't.

I think that's an overstatement. Ausbon is having a really good year and while we may not see it, a lot of scouts really are jumping on the Davis bandwagon. Those guys have been plenty good. Smith has been good. Rogers and Buckley have been terrible disappointments.

shit. If Lamb had come here, he’d probably suck ass.

Like that punk, Jerry f’in Rice.

Anias came in and his play demanded a second and third look. Doesn’t matter if Jimbo tends to be stubborn with his playing time...

Having said that - I hope that the coaching staff sees what we are not and is showing more faith in Kendrick at this point.

Regardless He needs to get more separation to be sure - because SEC officials aren’t going to throw the flag, no matter how flagrantly the DB rides Kendrick in and out of his cuts.

Lufkin is 6A, where Bryant played high school football, Frankston is 3A I believe maybe 4 with new classification, quite a difference in quality of talent in the two schools.

everybody likes QD.
But his blatant drops through the first part of the year were horrific.

Anias came in and his play demanded a second and third look. Doesn’t matter if Jimbo tends to be stubborn with his playing time...

Having said that - I hope that the coaching staff sees what we are not and is showing more faith in Kendrick at this point.

Regardless He needs to get more separation to be sure - because SEC officials aren’t going to throw the flag, no matter how flagrantly the DB rides Kendrick in and out of his cuts.
A diagram of Kendrick's 'cuts' that he comes out of

I disagree about his speed. He may not be a legit burner but he's a low-4.5 guy and at 6'4"-6'5" that can leap out of the building that's fast. If he doesn't get open it's largely because he's sloppy in running his routes.

I don't know what the issue is with him. I mean, we know it's between the ears, but why he can't get his shit together is a mystery. He's had the opportunity to be an elite WR laid out for him and he's shit the bed in basically all but the Clemson and LSU games last season.
I'll take over 4.6 for Rogers for a hundy ... over 4.7 with Preston for that matter. Rogers can't get separation and doesn't run particularly crisp routes - he'll be done playing ball after college.

I'll take over 4.6 for Rogers for a hundy ... over 4.7 with Preston for that matter. Rogers can't get separation and doesn't run particularly crisp routes - he'll be done playing ball after college.

You're way off. Rogers is at worst a low-4.5 and Preston is at worst a low-4.6.

Rogers' lack of separation is due to his poor route running not a lack of speed.

Rogers seems like he's going through the motions so he doesn't get hurt, and show-out at the combine.

You're way off. Rogers is at worst a low-4.5 and Preston is at worst a low-4.6.

Rogers' lack of separation is due to his poor route running not a lack of speed.
Sounds like you're making a market at 4.55 - I've got the over and you the under ...

He’s an average college receiver is what is see. He doesn’t have game breaking speed or quickness. He doesn’t use his big frame as well as he should and his hands are iffy at times. At this point I really wonder why more guys aren’t getting snaps at wr. We all heard really good things this summer about Chapman and how he could be a real threat vertically. Where is he? Where is Preston? After two weeks off I saw no real changes to anything we are doing with personnel or route combinations.
Jimbo can be hard headed. Maybe he's waiting for the last 4 games so they don't burn a season.

Yep, Dez Bryant 2.0
Dez laughed all the way to the NFL bank. He got $13 million in 2014 and signed a guaranteed $40 million contract ($70m overall) of which $20 million was paid as a signing bonus in 2015. You'll see him next year in a New Orleans uniform. Kendrick could only hope he gets to sniff an NFL locker room.

Last edited:
Rogers has only played maybe a total of 2 solid games in his A&M career, the bowl game, 4th quarter & OT LSU, and 4th quarter Clemson.

If you take out those 3 games, here are his career stats at A&M. 27 games, 40 receptions, 423 yards, 0 TDs. Or 1.5 catches per game for 16 yards.

His entire reputation is built on maybe 8 quarters of football. Also, he only has one more career TD than Jalen Wydermyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac1014
Rogers is the WR equivalent of the line from “Bull Durham” about a “million-dollar arm and a ten-cent head.”

Lane's a different situation.

When you have a coach publicly saying "As long as he gets 4 yards a carry, I don't care how much he weighs", that tends to be problematic when you are trying to develop athletes to play on one of the greatest athletic stages in the world.

With Rogers, we need to accept that he just might not be good enough. Our WR corp is Ausbon, Davis, Smith, and then everyone else.

You wouldn't want an OL out there that plays great 2 games a year, but consistently whiffs on blocks the rest of the time.

Jared Hocker and Colton Prater say hello

Fuller had late night Northgate issues his senior year. He didn't pass out in a potted plant, but......
What happened to Chapman? Spring overhype?

Jeff Fuller. Far bigger drop.

James Fuller played his senior season with bad turf toe and was limited in what he could do on the field.

He stayed after the coach begged him too, he should have left after his junior year. He took it for the team bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT