ADVERTISEMENT

Just spent the last two days with a friend...

AggieTabi

Known Member
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2007
mourning the suicide of her son. 14 years old...8th grade! What the hell is going on?!? No note, no indication at ALL that he was struggling. She dropped him off from school, picked up his sister from tutoring (he was alone for 25 minutes), and came back to see his lifeless body in their backyard.

My youngest daughter (who is friends with her daughter) buried a 12 year old friend almost exactly a year ago from a texting and driving accident. Another one of her teammates buried his dad a month ago. My daughter has experienced more tragic loss in the last year than I ever did at her age.

Go hug your kids!!! Tell them it doesn't matter WHAT is going on in their world, it will NEVER be so bad that you don't want to help them through it.

Can I just say...just witnessing the grief of parents (especially a mother) who have lost a child is the one of the last things I would wish on anyone. It's visceral and primal...absolute devastation. I'm exhausted just from having been there to support my friend.

Pray for their family. I'm sure many of you in the Grapevine/Colleyville/Southlake/Keller area will have heard of this situation by now. (Especially those with sons in the Baseball community) my heart is broken. I just don't understand...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News