ADVERTISEMENT

Juneteenth is now a federal holiday

Does it replace a current fed holiday or do lazy ass gubment workers get an extra day off?

I need to know which angle to come from to troll my Army buddies.

Guess the klan loving Biden had to do something to cover up his sons view of black peoples. At least his use of the N word and his context clearly shows what he was taught by ole Joe
Really? Gotta throw a little political shade on the Commander in Chief. To quote the immortal Onslow, “Oh, nice.”

My anniversary should only be political when I forget it.

No problem whatsoever with it being a holiday. What I have a problem with is I bet 75% of the kids you ask on the street would have no clue what is being celebrated. Idiocracy has set in.

Reactions: AggieInDC
We had the same controversy when they were debating MLK Day. Seems to have worked out OK.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t Juneteenth almost an exclusively Texas celebration for many years? If so, when did it become celebrated all over? No problem with it being a holiday.

Actually, I’m pretty disappointed. I thought this was a happy thing.
A happy thing would be ending the assumption that a woman is a better parent than a man, even when she doesn’t financially or emotionally support the children. Not having to spend $50k on lawyers to get to even and keep your kids and your money would be a happy thing.

slavery isn’t gone. It’s just been moved to family court. And the lawyers who oversee it in Texas are all of the same political stripe as the dementia patient and his demented-laugh puppet master. Piss on ‘em all.

• Wow
Reactions: saheat
Actually, I’m pretty disappointed. I thought this was a happy thing.
It’s not that it’s not a happy or a sad thing. It’s pandering at the highest level and should be pointed out that ole Joe had no problem eulogizing a democrat grand wizard kkk whatever guy. Yeah he’s been around since the kkk was still the military force for the democrat party.
What other Texas holiday are they going to take up next? The Alamo? How bout the battle of San Jacinto? I’m good with either as we are the baddest ass state in the union but curious where we are going next. Hunter also had some choice words for Asians and Hispanics so what will Joe do next to make up for raising a racist crack head?

A happy thing would be ending the assumption that a woman is a better parent than a man, even when she doesn’t financially or emotionally support the children. Not having to spend $50k on lawyers to get to even and keep your kids and your money would be a happy thing.

slavery isn’t gone. It’s just been moved to family court. And the lawyers who oversee it in Texas are all of the same political stripe as the dementia patient and his demented-laugh puppet master. Piss on ‘em all.
Wow, man you’ve got bigger problems than a federal holiday. Hope things work out for you. Do you need anything? I’d be happy to reach out.

Reactions: Vididiot
It’s not that it’s not a happy or a sad thing. It’s pandering at the highest level and should be pointed out that ole Joe had no problem eulogizing a democrat grand wizard kkk whatever guy. Yeah he’s been around since the kkk was still the military force for the democrat party.
What other Texas holiday are they going to take up next? The Alamo? How bout the battle of San Jacinto? I’m good with either as we are the baddest ass state in the union but curious where we are going next. Hunter also had some choice words for Asians and Hispanics so what will Joe do next to make up for raising a racist crack head?
Dude, do you ever consider not posting your rants?

So 1 year ago Biden didn’t even know what Juneteenth was and now we are supposed to believe this is not pandering?

• Haha
Reactions: darterbury
So 1 year ago Biden didn’t even know what Juneteenth was and now we are supposed to believe this is not pandering?
Why should this surprise you? That Joe’s an idiot or that he comes from Delaware, never leaves the state, and has no idea of Texas history? That’s the part that I find facinsting, the celebration of the end of slavery being finally announced 2 years after the end of the Civil War is totally appropriate as a Texas holiday. i’m not sure how this relates to say ... Montana? As for the states like Virginia, Georgia, N & S Carolina, etc. I think they got the message on time, maybe even early! Why would they want to celebrate it?

Reactions: BDB99
So a Democrat president makes a national holiday to celebrate that democrat slave owners and lawmakers were able to hide from their slaves that a republican president had freed them. A republican union army had free the democrats slaves of Galveston. So we have a holiday for one city in Texas. Will we have another national holiday when the Indians freed their slaves after the civil war?

Why should this surprise you? That Joe’s an idiot or that he comes from Delaware, never leaves the state, and has no idea of Texas history? That’s the part that I find facinsting, the celebration of the end of slavery being finally announced 2 years after the end of the Civil War is totally appropriate as a Texas holiday. i’m not sure how this relates to say ... Montana? As for the states like Virginia, Georgia, N & S Carolina, etc. I think they got the message on time, maybe even early! Why would they want to celebrate it?
Pandering. But we are supposed to be gleeful because it’s a time to celebrate the US. A democrat is the president. Trump gave the African American colleges the money to operate in perpetuity and truly worked to make their communities financially successful and he was killed for it. He wasn’t for the right team so he must be destroyed. Ole Joe can eulogize a kkk member, raise a racist crack head, say he doesn’t want said racist crackhead to grow up in a racial jungle, and pass legislation that targets the black community but he gets a pass. Trump has more genuine friends who happen to be black and they have been flabbergasted over the trump racist thing. Trump and Jesse Jackson were buds until he came out as a Republican. Far as I can tell trump didn’t change from when the democrats were getting money from him and they thought he was one of them. It wasn’t until he ran as a Republican that he was a racist. Biden has been a racist from day 1 and the VP called him out for it. But now we are supposed to be happy he exploited a holiday specifically for Texas so he could show his wokeness. Puke. Fvck him and any asshole that voted for him

“Great nations don’t ignore their painful moments past,” Biden said. “They don’t ignore those moments in the past. They embrace them. Great nations don’t walk away. We come to terms with the mistakes we made.”
He added, “Juneteenth marks both a long, hard night of slavery and a promise of a brighter morning to come.”

Then why were all Confederate statues removed Joe? They happened to be white peoples' great-grandparents who fought for their ideals and way of life. Can't just admit their bravery in the face of overwhelming odds for a lost and painful cause - They must be erased!

Reactions: clayber
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT