ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Schlossnagle explains his move from Texas A&M to Texas (FW Star-Telegram)

geb

Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
points the finger at Alberts

insert "i don't believe you" gif???

Q: How was your relationship with [Texas A&M athletics director] Trev Alberts?

Schlossnagle: Trev was very nice and supportive. I think he will do really good things at A&M. He came to visit with me a few days after being hired and said that baseball was important at Texas A&M, and he knew the stadium was a priority for me and the program and that he wanted to keep that moving forward. He told me that we’d have to build it without taking on any more debt. I understood that, but also knew that raising $85 million would be challenging given all the things that happened in the past year financially. I have no doubt that A&M is committed to baseball and will eventually do something great, though.

Q: So what changed? Schlossnagle: Trev came to me the day before the regional to have a conversation. He asked me if I was frustrated. I told him that I had some frustration with how slow the ballpark process was going and that it was tough to operate without a sport administrator, but I was committed to working through it. He then made a comment to me — kind of comparing his situation of leaving his alma mater, Nebraska. He said to me, ‘You know, Jim, if you ever don’t feel like this is the place for you, that’s OK, and it’s OK to move on.’ I was a little taken aback by that, and that was the moment that I began to think that maybe this wasn’t going to work out. No one ever contacted me or my agent about a new contract for our staff, so I just decided to focus on getting our team to Omaha and winning.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article289608132.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News