ADVERTISEMENT

Is Trump going to win Texas?

Only one thing will bring this country together as Trump said in his closing remarks “Success” !!
When you have full employment to the extent that there are more jobs than workers, salaries of the workers rise faster than those of upper management as they did just 8 months ago!

People have seen and experienced that phenomenon and want to make it happen again.
You can thank Obama for those employment numbers then, and you can thank T for them now. He could have done so much more with the pandemic.

they aren’t interested in beating Trump. They’re trying to sneak a Senate seat in. That’s not going to work either.

You can thank Obama for those employment numbers then, and you can thank T for them now. He could have done so much more with the pandemic.
So I am going to challenge the failure with the pandemic issue. To judge this a failure we need to judge the numbers with what initial projections were for U.S. deaths. Number I saw and remember was 2.2 million projected. So if we take today's number around 230K it means we have seen 10% of the deaths from the initial projection. Some would say that is a success. No one knew what this was or how to handle it coming in. You are seeing spikes in Europe today and they have been claimed to be the success in this. Honest take is whatever we can do has really been done, may have taken a bit longer to get there but NO ONE has had the right direction of this the entire time. And the fact you listen to Biden when asked what he would do and all he can say are things already done or have been done by the Trump administration and has nothing new to add then I really fail to see where there is this magic fix being promoted by democrats. This is one of those things that we will have to battle through, take what little we have learned and apply it to our lives and work towards a cure/vaccine. That is the only way this ends.

Has the long feared Texas conversion to blue arrived? It's been since Jimmy Carter that Texas was blue. But polls on 538 today show Biden with a small lead. Think what I saw was 48 - 46.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/texas/

I thought Trump had Texas on lock down.

giphy.gif

Beto apparently told the DNC Biden needs to get to Texas. Texas is Biden's to lose. How can this be Ags?

giphy.gif

He's so smug and good looking. How dare he.

If Biden wins Texas, where is everyone moving?
Don't trust the polls. Remember what happened in 2016.
Should Trump win on 3 November I predict that pollsters will soon be be looking for a new job. /QUOTE]

So I am going to challenge the failure with the pandemic issue. To judge this a failure we need to judge the numbers with what initial projections were for U.S. deaths. Number I saw and remember was 2.2 million projected. So if we take today's number around 230K it means we have seen 10% of the deaths from the initial projection. Some would say that is a success. No one knew what this was or how to handle it coming in. You are seeing spikes in Europe today and they have been claimed to be the success in this. Honest take is whatever we can do has really been done, may have taken a bit longer to get there but NO ONE has had the right direction of this the entire time. And the fact you listen to Biden when asked what he would do and all he can say are things already done or have been done by the Trump administration and has nothing new to add then I really fail to see where there is this magic fix being promoted by democrats. This is one of those things that we will have to battle through, take what little we have learned and apply it to our lives and work towards a cure/vaccine. That is the only way this ends.

Agree with pretty much all of this, except I don't know why we are forced to judge Trump's performance handling the pandemic vs original mortality projections. Those models were based on flawed data while the virus was not well understood. If the models had used incorrect inputs in the other direction and had predicted 20,000 US deaths, would you say Trump has mangled this so badly he killed 10x as many people as should have died? Of course not.

My opinion is, we haven't had a well timed, cohesive strategy, and it has cost us some. But mostly, virus gonna virus. Results with a Dem in charge would have been different, but by how much? Not very different is my guess.

Monday morning quarterbacking an unknown virus makes for interesting debate. The role played by the governors and the results from each state tell the biggest story. States with dems in charge have the worst outcomes both in terms of deaths as well as economic failure.
The federal response was impressive and rapid yet had gaps that every such emergency inevitably does. That is why after any drills from civil defense to hospitals there is retrospective review or root cause analysis to improve process. So go forth my colleagues and be specific in your recommendations.

Reactions: oldag1980
Agree with pretty much all of this, except I don't know why we are forced to judge Trump's performance handling the pandemic vs original mortality projections. Those models were based on flawed data while the virus was not well understood. If the models had used incorrect inputs in the other direction and had predicted 20,000 US deaths, would you say Trump has mangled this so badly he killed 10x as many people as should have died? Of course not.

My opinion is, we haven't had a well timed, cohesive strategy, and it has cost us some. But mostly, virus gonna virus. Results with a Dem in charge would have been different, but by how much? Not very different is my guess.
I agree somewhat on the "not very different" outcome had Biden been in the President's seat. No one knew what it was or how to treat it and things were moving constantly based on the recommendations of Trump's health advisers. One difference I might argue was the spinning up of the manufacture and supply chain of the tools to help fight this. It was pretty amazing how quickly Trump's team got things turned around from where it started. Also, the cutting through some of the red tape to get new therapeutics and eventually the vaccine in record times was thinking outside the box. Would a 47 year chronic politician have thought to do this? I think not. He probably would have his team stay in the political lanes he has always known. Just my opinion.

Reactions: ITS BK

What my point is you can't really claim something is a failure when you don't know what failure is in the situation. Yes there is the heartfelt "just one dead is too much" stance. And you kind of made my point. If the early estimates were off since no one knew what this was, doesn't that stand with everything during this? It's all new territory. To truly judge this a filaure you need to have a bench line to measure against. So if the estimate was 20K and the actual is 230K then I would think questioning the results is fair. Same with this since estimates were in the 2.2 million range.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT