ADVERTISEMENT

I’m ready to talk about A&M football again

TP97

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I don’t like getting on here after a loss. The stupid shit that people say (me included) while they’re pissed off only pisses me off more. So I do other things. A couple of overall thoughts since the details of the game have been discussed ad nauseum.

First, this is the downside of playing a very difficult opponent in the opening game and it becomes an even bigger issue with a new coaching staff and a hell of a lot of new players. Open up with McNeese and this place is happy as can be and giggling about LSU.

Second, something was off with Weigman. We have seen him play very well when healthy. I don’t know if he was sick or what. The stupid ass rumors being thrown around about him could all be true and would apply to him throughout his whole career. None of that would have caused an outlier performance like that. And on a side note, I hate to break it to those that don’t know, but the majority of the team smokes weed. Not sure where some of you have been the last several years (decades).

Third, our offense and many others will look very bad against Notre Dame’s defense this year. They played very well and Weigman played poorly. ND’s offense struggled against our defense as well. They will put up a lot more points against the teams left on their schedule. They won’t face a defense as good as ours again, and our offense won’t see a defense like that either.

Fourth, our talent level is just fine. I stopped reading on whatever thread that asked which players would start at a select group of schools when running back was listed first. Well no shit our running back wouldn’t start at any of the top schools since he didn’t start at A&M this year until the starter was lost for the year. There are plenty of teams in this country, even in the conference(!), that would happily change rosters with A&M.

I was absolutely furious during and after that game, but I eventually moved on. I can’t dwell on it like some do because it’s not mentally healthy. Plus, I like to joke around and screw off on here a lot, but I actually do have more important shit on my plate than letting this consume my time and energy. I know most of you do as well. But even then, I’m sure some might hop on here and throw out some smartass comment meant to show how much I don’t know. And that’s fine. I’m not going to argue or debate anyone about it. I’ll just tell you to fvck off and to stick your opinion right up your ass. Respectfully, of course.

So with that said, I’m assuming the coaching staff has consumed every second of film from that game, see where adjustments/changes need to be made and are focused on the game plan for this week. Get things sorted out on the field Saturday, go to Gainesville and get a win there and onward and upward. We only get twelve of these guaranteed so hopefully the remaining eleven will be more enjoyable. Potty time over. Gig ‘em.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.